Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone X - €20 Prepay Offers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27 bells12

Just to clarify, how long ahead should you put in for porting your number over when waiting for a SIM in the post? Presumably you also have to put in your same DOB as FB for the deal to work?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭physioman

Sir Dosser wrote: »
    You get €10 credit for registering for MyVodafone.

Went to online chat and they credited my account by 10 euro. Said it was a technical glitch

• Registered Users Posts: 2,796 ✭✭✭bromley52

bells12 wrote: »
    Just to clarify, how long ahead should you put in for porting your number over when waiting for a SIM in the post? Presumably you also have to put in your same DOB as FB for the deal to work?
    The sim comes very quickly even the next day if you order early enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

So I switched to Vodafone x today from 3 and I only just realised the €20 top up is taken from your credit and not kept along with the offer.

I'm going to make the most of it and use vodafone x for the 4 weeks and then switch back to 3.

Just wondering, is my 3 sim now inactive. Will I have to somehow reactivate my 3 sim card or do I have to pick up a new sim?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

So I switched to Vodafone x today from 3 and I only just realised the €20 top up is taken from your credit and not kept along with the offer.

I'm going to make the most of it and use vodafone x for the 4 weeks and then switch back to 3.

Just wondering, is my 3 sim now inactive. Will I have to somehow reactivate my 3 sim card or do I have to pick up a new sim?

I am not 100% sure but I would be confident enough in saying your old Three SIM is now dead to them and you will have to get a new one if you want to port back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Bob24 wrote: »
    I am not 100% sure but I would be confident enough in saying your old Three SIM is now dead to them and you will have to get a new one if you want to port back.

Yeah that's what i was thinking. Just wanted some clarification. Shouldn't be too much of a hassle though picking up a new sim card.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,402 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

after a few days of vodafone reception, you'll be slow to move back to three. WOuld you consider eir? They have mid range reception and good value for €20

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭NikoTopps

Heads up, the offer with 2 month free when u switch from other networks has be extended until 15t October.They have extend this one since July so probably it will be extended again after 15t oct

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭frostypants

In Czech Republic at the moment and just got this from Vodafone in a text message.

You've spent EUR31.48 on data while roaming. Your usage will be capped at EUR61.50. To continue using data past the cap, text PASS CAP to 50193

Not sure what this is about? Have the unlimited weekends Vodafone x and I've only used 2gb while over here. Thought I was able to use the same allowance same at home?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭DopeTech

In Czech Republic at the moment and just got this from Vodafone in a text message.

You've spent EUR31.48 on data while roaming. Your usage will be capped at EUR61.50. To continue using data past the cap, text PASS CAP to 50193

Not sure what this is about? Have the unlimited weekends Vodafone x and I've only used 2gb while over here. Thought I was able to use the same allowance same at home?

Ask them in the online chat part of the app?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

Sir Dosser wrote: »
    Ask them in the online chat part of the app?

And let us know the outcome please :)

They didn't see any issues. I said I saw no difference in my account on the app. I've 18.22GB remaining, calls and texts.

But just now I got another message saying I've hit the 61euros cap and I've sent a text to 50193 'PASS CAP' but it hasn't made any difference. So now I'm cut off and using hotel WiFi at the moment. Will make it difficult tomorrow as I'm using Google maps for around the city so need to download some offline stuff now.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭nualaonthewall

Have you checked what Apn you're using? If it's not Vodafone live, that will be the reason. You must physically delete the other one, the hs one, off your phone
    I'm in Spain and got caught for all my credit by putting the sim into a mifi, which automatically uses the hs Apn. So many traps for the unwary! It works OK now, even to tether, and at least I know it can't take any more of my now non existent credit!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

Got that same message as above when in Lanzarote in the summer but for 81 euro in charges.

Obviously never bothered paying as I'm a prepay customer and nothing ever happened.

Have you checked what Apn you're using? If it's not Vodafone live, that will be the reason. You must physically delete the other one, the hs one, off your phone
    I'm in Spain and got caught for all my credit by putting the sim into a mifi, which automatically uses the hs Apn. So many traps for the unwary! It works OK now, even to tether, and at least I know it can't take any more of my now non existent credit!

I'm using Vodafone live yes. Using S8 so no issues with that. I'll contact support tomorrow. It's my last day tomorrow anyway so not a massive deal. Used in Spain during the summer without any issues at all

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭autumnalcore

Vodafone will usually give you back 50% as a goodwill gesture in those cases if you're persistent

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭sue97

NikoTopps wrote: »
    Heads up, the offer with 2 month free when u switch from other networks has be extended until 15t October.They have extend this one since July so probably it will be extended again after 15t oct

Do you know if this was extended again. My daughter switched from Three yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭NikoTopps

sue97 wrote: »
    Do you know if this was extended again. My daughter switched from Three yesterday

No ,unfortunately it has nt

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Nolars

When ordering a sim does the DOB have to be the same as the one on Facebook you changed to? or doe sit matter

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Nolars wrote: »
    When ordering a sim does the DOB have to be the same as the one on Facebook you changed to? or doe sit matter

Not sure whether it matters. But FYI you can easily amend DOB on Vodafone's website at a later stage of the date you originally enter need correction.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭sue97

Does anyone know if I put the sim in a cellular IPAD, will I be able to watch sky sports on a larger screen. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭john_doe.

Is there any way to teher with Vodafone x.
    I can connect my laptop to phone but no internet time . Do VF block it.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,796 ✭✭✭bromley52

john_doe. wrote: »
    Is there any way to teher with Vodafone x.
    I can connect my laptop to phone but no internet time . Do VF block it.

Thanks.

Post #15 might help.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,522 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

OK folks I set up a Facebook account to be within the age parameters.

I'm with Eir but have a Vodafone sim since Xmas that hasn't been used. Can I use this sim and port my number over?
    When I try to order a sim and keep my number on their site it looks like they want me to port over straight away although I'm only ordering sim now.is the handiest thing just to give porting date a few days in advance and forget about the VF sim I already have?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

Anyone else not able to get sky sports working anymore?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭DopeTech

yabadabado wrote: »
    OK folks I set up a Facebook account to be within the age parameters.

I'm with Eir but have a Vodafone sim since Xmas that hasn't been used. Can I use this sim and port my number over?
    When I try to order a sim and keep my number on their site it looks like they want me to port over straight away although I'm only ordering sim now.is the handiest thing just to give porting date a few days in advance and forget about the VF sim I already have?

Yeah forget about the sim you have and order a new one but give it a few days to arrive as they will port the number even if you have not received it. Once ported in just go to the Vodafone x page on the website and sign into the Facebook account you created. That's pretty much it. I ported away for a month and back again and used this process.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭Sn@kebite

Hi can someone please tell me the significance of the facebook trick? What sites are blocked when you go through facebook age verification as opposed to showing your student card to a vodafone staff member to get the vodafone x offer?

Alternatively I suppose I could just go through facebook and then go into a vodafone store with my student card to unblock sites.

The reason I ask this is to save time and hassle doing it through fb but I would need to adjust my dob down a few yrs and I worried it may not work because I am already a VF customer and my dob is on their system unless I modify that also? I do think it's possible and doing it thru fb saves so much effort going to tallaght (teh square) in traffic.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

got a text message after topping up saying i'll be receiving my free flight voucher soon. Gonna be interesting to see how this works.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

Sn@kebite wrote: »
    Hi can someone please tell me the significance of the facebook trick? What sites are blocked when you go through facebook age verification as opposed to showing your student card to a vodafone staff member to get the vodafone x offer?

If you were not a student and was instead an 'auld wan, then wouldn't facebook be easier than having to show the vodafone staff member, the student card that you didn't have. ;)

Advertisement