Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump Presidency discussion thread III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,644 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

So let me get this straight.. An aide said McCain doesn't matter because he'll die, and the left explodes? The same left that was terrified of Trump during the election because of the supreme court judges who were going to die?

Hypocrites to the last.

Well it was anger from both sides actually.So if the left are hypocrites then so are the right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Well it was anger from both sides actually.So if the left are hypocrites then so are the right.

It's only ever the 'lefts' fault. Today I learned in 'outright lies in the referendum' and that people that go to university all come out Marxists and communists. Boards has gotten so dumb recently.

It's only ever the 'lefts' fault. Today I learned in 'outright lies in the referendum' and that people that go to university all come out Marxists and communists. Boards has gotten so dumb recently.

The whole "it's always the left's fault" comes from people like me who are still just bitter about 2016.

I was hungover when I wrote that first one earlier and am now wondering what I was on about.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

Pompeo to North Korea
    If North Korea takes bold action to quickly denuclearise, the United States is prepared to work with North Korea to achieve prosperity on par with our South Korean friends

Isn't that basically the same as the Iran deal?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,171 ✭✭✭✭Water John

It's Trump's deal not O'Bama's deal. Can't you see the difference? Worlds apart.

• Advertisement

SHS more concerned at the leak, than the remark re: McCain.
    Says it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,562 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

Water John wrote: »
    SHS more concerned at the leak, than the remark re: McCain.
    Says it all.

Stonewalling by not mentioning that the person concerned had apologized to the family for her remarks show's the level of response intelligence in the W/H.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,271 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

America Firs... wait a minute...

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/995680316458262533

And for those not aware ZTE was banned from using US Tech for 7 years due to exporting stuff to Iran among other nations against US embargo...
    The Commerce Department determined ZTE, which was previously fined for shipping telecommunication equipment to Iran and North Korea, subsequently paid full bonuses to employees who engaged in the illegal conduct, failed to issue letters of reprimand and lied about the practices to U.S. authorities, the department said.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,135 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Avenatti just tweeted pics from trump tower in December, 2016 with the caption "warning ignored"... more to come.

I don't recognise any of the people other than Cohen and Flynn. Not sure where he is going with this, but fair ****s to him. He is taking the fight to DJT and Cohen!

https://twitter.com/MichaelAvenatti/status/995692536122564609?s=19

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,364 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

everlast75 wrote: »
    Avenatti just tweeted pics from trump tower in December, 2016 with the caption "warning ignored"... more to come.

I don't recognise any of the people other than Cohen and Flynn. Not sure where he is going with this, but fair ****s to him. He is taking the fight to DJT and Cohen!

Avenatti to be the Dem nominee for 2020. You heard it here first.

Avenatti to be the Dem nominee for 2020. You heard it here first.

If he takes Trump down, i will sell up, move to the US, become eligible to vote AND THEN vote for him!

Don't forget Stormy. She had the balls, to go after Trump. This could turn out to be the dearest bit of hanky panky in Trump's life, incl the 2 divorces.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Someone earlier in the thread mentioned him being an alternative to Mueller, can see the rationale behind that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,562 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

I'd be interested in knowing who the gent in the baseball cap is. Glimses of the back of his head and the brim of the cap are in two photos., the brim-one show's he's using cufflinks. He seem's to have light-coloured hair. I'm assuming the gent in the foreground with the lapel pin is security, though which?

Another possible angle. Is the person, who threatened Stormy and her child, in the pic? That would explain Avenatti releasing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Selling access to the President elect?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

aloyisious wrote: »
    I'd be interested in knowing who the gent in the baseball cap is. Glimses of the back of his head and the brim of the cap are in two photos., the brim-one show's he's using cufflinks. He seem's to have light-coloured hair. I'm assuming the gent in the foreground with the lapel pin is security, though which?

https://twitter.com/dfriedman33/status/995716150062387200

Some guys on twitter recognizes him as a Quatar Government dude that already in a scandal with bribes to Bannon. Maybe hes up meeting Kushner looking for money to bail him out the 666 building. They refused to help Kushner and by pure coincidence :rolleyes: it was only a couple of weeks later that Saudi then decided to label Quatar as a supporter of terrorists and remember there was a blockade of Quatar.

All this stuff just makes me sick and so angry with the GOP:mad: even if there was a fraction of the scandals and dodgy dealings that Hillary was doing that this bunch of criminals and traitors were up to there would be nearly civil war. But I listen to Fox news and its nothing just a brief mention of it.. their big problem is how did Avanatti get this info! disgraceful stuff.

I cannot wait until these traitors get perp walked and go to jail. Id say Meuller has some real serious stuff on these guy

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

So they met in December.
    Suspect swears a doc he tried to bribe Flynn.
    Cohen pretty much proven to have been in prague.
    DJT admits to staying over in Moscow.
    All things set out in the dossier which means...
    Pee tapes are real folks.
    He's gonna have to resign or claim health issues surely? Maybe that's just wishful thinking, but it sure does feel nice :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,429 ✭✭✭amandstu

So they met in December.
    Suspect swears a doc he tried to bribe Flynn.
    Cohen pretty much proven to have been in prague.
    DJT admits to staying over in Moscow.
    All things set out in the dossier which means...
    Pee tapes are real folks.
    He's gonna have to resign or claim health issues surely? Maybe that's just wishful thinking, but it sure does feel nice :)
    Well if they are real they are hardly out of character.

The health issues are with those who thought he was ever an acceptable holder of the office.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,167 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Mother Jones covers who those people are in case anyone, like me, were lost as to the relevance of the photo and tweets

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2018/05/qatari-investor-accused-in-bribery-plot-appears-with-michael-cohen-in-picture-posted-by-stormy-daniels-lawyer/

How some of this came out in the open was bizarre
    Ice Cube, the rapper and actor, and his business partner Jeff Kwatinetz recently filed a $1.2 billion lawsuit that includes an allegation that Al-Rumaihi and other Qatari officials who invested in the men’s BIG3 basketball league indicated interest gaining access to people connected to Trump. “Mr Al-Rumaihi requested I set up a meeting between him, the Qatari government, and Stephen Bannon, and to tell Steve Bannon that Qatar would underwrite all of his political efforts in return for his support,” Kwatinetz said in the court filing. Kwatinetz says he rejected the offer, which he viewed as a bribe

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Mumha

Hurrache wrote: »
    Mother Jones covers who those people are in case anyone, like me, were lost as to the relevance of the photo and tweets

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2018/05/qatari-investor-accused-in-bribery-plot-appears-with-michael-cohen-in-picture-posted-by-stormy-daniels-lawyer/

How some of this came out in the open was bizarre

This is a key part of that, which feeds into what Avenatti released last night
    In response, Kwatinetz claims, “Al-Rumaihi laughed and then stated to me that I shouldn’t be naive, that so many Washington politicians take our money, and stated ‘do you think Flynn turned down our money?’” That’s a reference to Michael Flynn, who was fired as Trump’s national security adviser after lying about his contacts with then Russian Ambassador Sergey Kislyak.

Mumha wrote: »
    This is a key part of that, which feeds into what Avenatti released last night

So if Mike Flynn took the money, and FBI can prove that, and FBI proved that he lied to them, then why has Flynn only been charged with the "lying to the FBI" part? (see link below).

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2017/12/1/16724742/michael-flynn-plead-guilty-lied-fbi

Is it reasonable to presume that he plead guilty to lying, but in order to avoid the bigger charge of bribery, he gave up something big.. like Kushner, or DJT himself?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

So if Mike Flynn took the money, and FBI can prove that, and FBI proved that he lied to them, then why has Flynn only been charged with the "lying to the FBI" part? (see link below).

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2017/12/1/16724742/michael-flynn-plead-guilty-lied-fbi

Is it reasonable to presume that he plead guilty to lying, but in order to avoid the bigger charge of bribery, he gave up something big.. like Kushner, or DJT himself?

Yep 100% :cool: to get that deal he would have to sing like a canary. That is why Mueller is going after all the small fish first getting them to get plea bargains but hey have to cooperate fully with Mueller.

In Flynn's case they were going to prosecute his son also that that was added pressure for him so he took the bullet.

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Mumha

Ah, but Flynn is cooperating with Mueller, and Flynn was present in Trump Tower on Dec 12 2016 with Cohen, Kushner, the Qatari and presumably Trump.

As to the "lying to the FBI" part, if you look at the others who pleaded guilty, it's mostly for lying to the FBI. That's usually standard procedure. The FBI will set either aside the other crimes or agree a period in prison, in return for their co-operation. They also want to publicly announce as little as possible, in order not to tip off others.

EDIT : If it subsequently turns out that he lied to them, then all the other charges come back into play, so it's in his interest to tell the truth.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,168 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Interesting Article from USA Today about the difficult corner Trump is painted into in relation to the $130k payment..
    President Trump has a big decision to make. Unless he requests an extension, his personal financial disclosure report is due on Tuesday. Under the Ethics in Government Act, he has to disclose all liabilities that exceeded $10,000 at any time during calendar year 2017, even if he repaid them later that year. That includes his debt to Michael Cohen for the $130,000 payment Cohen made in October 2016 to adult film star Stormy Daniels (real name Stephanie Clifford).

The question is whether Trump will disclose that debt, as well as any others he may have omitted.

From the Article , with all the information/ mis-information that we've had around the payment there would appear to be no truly "safe" option for Trump here..

If he declares it , then he gets hit for not declaring in last year. If he doesn't declare it after Guiliani clearly stated that he "paid Cohen back" then he's in trouble there.

It also details and largely debunks quite a few potential legal arguments that Team Trump might try to make to explain why they haven't declared the payment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring

Trump Summit with North Korea could be in danger or could be a ploy for a concession before the talks?

North Korea has cancelled Wednesday's meeting with South Korea due to military exercises that South Korea partook in with the United States. Now they are also threatening to cancel the summit with President Trump.

https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/996483734500204544

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Trump Summit with North Korea could be in danger or could be a ploy for a concession before the talks?

North Korea has cancelled Wednesday's meeting with South Korea due to military exercises that South Korea partook in with the United States. Now they are also threatening to cancel the summit with President Trump.

The world knows how to play Trump. He's simple, corrupt and everyone knows it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭liamo

Some media commentators have been describing this as a "surprise" development. The only surprising thing about this is that anybody's surprised. It's not like they've got form or ... oh wait...!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,923 ✭✭✭circadian

If Trump's administration had any kind of diplomacy nous they'd probably have put things like military exercises on hold until talks were had.

It's not like North Korea hasn't reacted to these exercises before.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement