Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xiaomi Mi Drone 4k - 393 euro including delivery

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

tedpan wrote: »
    Link doesn't work for me :(

Looks like HUKD removed it. It was Banggood app with 10% discount code.

Just in relation to no fly zones, as I got beat with them recently: You can't fly within, i believe, 3km of an airport.

It's a very excessive radius. You can't fly in ballymun because of dublin airport, but you're nowhere near the airport. You can't disable or reduce the No Fly Zones and any emails to Xiaomi are met with 'we don't officially sell it in your country, so go away and stop annoying us'.

I still haven't found a fix for my shakey twisty camera, either (again, contacted Xiaomi who never replied). It's extremely annoying.

As far as drones go in general, this yoke seems the bees knees. But the lack of support or interest in assisting from Xiaomi means I probably won't buy another one, to be honest. I was half tempted to buy another one to just see if i could get around the shakey-camera issue, but thats a lot of money to be spending on a drone where if i have the same issue again, i have no real recourse (I cant picture Banggood or whoever entertaining me).

Amazing drone if you get a good one though (and never use it near (or not near, in some cases) an airport). Xiaomi have soured my experience a bit though.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭peaceboi

Do ya get hit for customs charges if ordering from bangood?🀔

• Registered Users Posts: 40 spiller9020

I ordered from banggood because it seemed cheaper at the time and giving the 10% new customer discount i taught it was the way to go, till i got hit with customs, 100 euro charge! Gearbest or Tomtop your best option to avoid possible custom charges.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭ozmo

I got a Camel price alert for the Yellow DJI Spark (full combo pack) at 460 pounds yesterday on Amazon.co.uk if anyone is interested.

Says out of stock but they will honour the price when they get them in...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/DJI-CP-PT-000905-Spark-Drone-Combo/dp/B071G37WYS

"Temporarily out of stock. Order now and we'll deliver when available."

“Roll it back”

• Advertisement

431.10 USD (€361.69) delivered at Banggood (with 10% off code). At that price, I bit. They’ve assured me no import taxes / VAT. We shall see! Now, to find me a case and propeller guards...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

431.10 USD (€361.69) delivered at Banggood (with 10% off code). At that price, I bit. They’ve assured me no import taxes / VAT. We shall see! Now, to find me a case and propeller guards...

And another battery :D

And another battery :D

I was thinking the same! :)

sugarman wrote:
    How do you mind me asking? Im tempted at that price but not if I got burnt with customs on top of it.

I've never seen assurance that you won't get hit although I have only seen one boardsie that was hit on this thread. So it's a very small risk, but still a risk I suppose.

https://m.banggood.com/Xiaomi-Mi-Drone-WIFI-FPV-With-4K-30fps-1080P-Camera-3-Axis-Gimbal-RC-Quadcopter-p-1057057.html?rmmds=search

Use code a6d3bd for 10% off to make it 431.10 USD.

“European Direct Mail” is the shipping method. This incurs no taxes. They can assure this by sneaking the item, as part of a larger batch, in to the EU via some obscure port, such as in to Poland from Belarus. Once in the EU, it travels to Ireland freely.

I previously ordered a Xiaomi electric scooter which travelled over land on the train from China to Belarus, then they sneaked it in to Poland, then over to Germany where it was sent over here by UPS.

• Advertisement

“European Direct Mail†is the shipping method. This incurs no taxes. They can assure this by sneaking the item, as part of a larger batch, in to the EU via some obscure port, such as in to Poland from Belarus. Once in the EU, it travels to Ireland freely.

It's definitely one of the safest options, but unfortunately still doesn't guarantee no customs. If the package is opened or suspected to be from Asia, the office can still request your receipt/invoice. Once it shows, gearbest, banggood etc. They can charge you duty as you purchased from a seller outside the EU, doesn't matter where it looks like it was shipped from. As I said, it's rare but possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭padair

Got mine today from gear best. Looking forward to flying it tomorrow.

Took two weeks to arrive from gearbest. It was labeled remote toys at value of 25 dollars

padair wrote: »
    Got mine today from gear best. Looking forward to flying it tomorrow.

Took two weeks to arrive from gearbest. It was labeled remote toys at value of 25 dollars

Morning all, great day for flying, any Tips on how to calibrate compass , not able to take off. I was able to calibrate inside the house bit unable to do it outside

Morning all, great day for flying, any Tips on how to calibrate compass , not able to take off. I was able to calibrate inside the house bit unable to do it outside

What a beautiful picture.

padair wrote:

You shouldn't need to calibrate more than once. If it says compass interfered, just move the drone 30cm away.

You shouldn't need to calibrate more than once. If it says compass interfered, just move the drone 30cm away.

I have tried moving it restarting , me moving away from it, going to a new loacation 3 miles away.
    No joy

I have tried moving it restarting , me moving away from it, going to a new loacation 3 miles away.
    No joy

Very strange

Here's a video, it's in Chinese but you can see what he's doing. It's easiest to do with two people to read the steps on the app as having the remote too close to the drone can interfere when calibration.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,794 ✭✭✭bromley52

I would love one of these but I live in the middle of a housing estate about 2 miles from an airport :(

bromley52 wrote: »
    I would love one of these but I live in the middle of a housing estate about 2 miles from an airport :(

I only ever use mine at home if I'm testing something. Otherwise, I'll get in the car and go off somewhere picturesque where I can make the most of it.

Very strange

Here's a video, it's in Chinese but you can see what he's doing. It's easiest to do with two people to read the steps on the app as having the remote too close to the drone can interfere when calibration.

Cheers, will have a look at later.

• Advertisement

Cheers, will have a look at later.

Got it flying, had to walk around with it raised off the ground until I saw takeoff enabled. Then messed around a bit. Unsure of how confident I am in it though. When it was flying I got rc interference so wasn't sure if it was going to drop from the sky.

Thanks to everyone for their help. I will try and get a video up tomorrow weather permitting.

padair wrote:
    Got it flying, had to walk around with it raised off the ground until I saw takeoff enabled. Then messed around a bit. Unsure of how confident I am in it though. When it was flying I got rc interference so wasn't sure if it was going to drop from the sky.

Nice one. Take it slow at first, use one stick at a time, you'll realise it stays glued in position if you let go of the sticks. Make sure you're in a big wide open space too.

Gosh, this is so exciting. Mine was dispatched from China today. I think it will take at least a couple of weeks to arrive.

I will try and get a video up tomorrow weather permitting.

Any joy, padair?

Any joy, padair?
    Any joy, padair?

Brought it out for a wee spin this morning. Still takes awhile to get it flying as it keeps saying rc interference, I have to pick up the drone and walk around until the cannot take off changes to take off, then I have to be quick.

Going to try it 30 miles away this evening as the problems might be due to the area I am in.

When it is flying it is very stable. Brought it up to 120m and looks good. Interested to see the video in full 4k glory

It does not take too long to get the hang of the controls.

15 minutes of flying this morning

15 minutes of flying this morning

Love it !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

I've been lurking here for weeks with the intention of buying the Xiaomi but actually just bought a Mavic Air. Even though it's more expensive couldn't pass it up at the current price (black only) on amazon.it - grab it while you can:

2qbagqs.jpg

digitaldr wrote:
    I've been lurking here for weeks with the intention of buying the Xiaomi but actually just bought a Mavic Air. Even though it's more expensive couldn't pass it up at the current price (black only) on amazon.it - grab it while you can:

Decent price for the air. Let us know how you get on once it arrives

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

Will do. Added advantage of full manufacturer's warranty and option of dji refresh too.

Advertisement