Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xiaomi Mi Drone 4k - 393 euro including delivery

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

lordlame wrote:
    Some aerial / drone footage of Castle Lough in Cavan that I took yesterday

What a day, beautiful place! Loving the 4k video too.

One from the archives, still learning how to fly. Interesting how the drone handles on a windy day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

Would anyone be interested in a brand new battery?

Thought I would post here before adverts. €70

Where are you based?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

Where are you based?

Sligo. Can post, it’s currently with customs so still wrapped and everything.

• Advertisement

Thanks. I'll leave it to someone else. Good luck with the sale!

Thanks, not sure if I can stretch the budget at the moment

Here's another one from today. A bit cloudy, hopefully the weather's clearing up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

What sort of distance can or should you send this away from you? My other brother talking about getting one to check cattle to save driving around....going to check distance on maps and then see if it would work

I dont want to use bro 1 in case I lose it :-)

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    What sort of distance can or should you send this away from you? My other brother talking about getting one to check cattle to save driving around....going to check distance on maps and then see if it would work

Xiaomi advertise 4km with clear line of site, although obstacles will reduce the range. You need to fly within line of site according to IAA rules and regs, so doubt flying it out of visibility is a good idea if you don't want to get in trouble..

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Lanshane

Again line of sight is a must. I use it for rounding sheep as the dog is useless. I don't get anything over 2 KM's range. No harm in seeing how far it goes, it will always return to home anyway once it goes out of range...Has for me anyway!
    On a separate note I have noticed recently after various updates that there are now serious lags on my phone. I tried the wife's phone which is newer to mine and works perfectly. Just disappointing as it used to work perfectly with no lags on mine. I must avoid updates in future!

• Advertisement

Ok, I got it off my brother as he cannot get iPhone working....

So I have drone on. Remote on and app downloaded.

I connected the bluetooth dongle to the remote but it cant see anything in the bluetooth section in phone.

Try via Wifi....it says the password 123456789 is incorrect?

Try via cable and "Failed to connect phone and RC"

Any ideas?

Ok small update, the bluetooth adapter is actually a wifi adapter

Still getting password incorrect

Shefwedfan wrote:
    Ok small update, the bluetooth adapter is actually a wifi adapter

Yep, you need to enable tethering. Cable is best, you need to select usb tethering. If using WiFi, you need to turn on WiFi Tethering.

I haven't used the app on the iPhone. But as far as I know the WiFi password is 123456789

Ok, I got connected vai cable, the personal hobspot on iPhone is a bit ropey and that is what seemed to be issue

Shefwedfan wrote:
    Ok, I got connected vai cable, the personal hobspot on iPhone is a bit ropey and that is what seemed to be issue

Nice one! Let us know how you get on

Ok, so feedback. I would like it if I could control the Drone via the app I use for the Hoover and wifi camera. Anyway. Found the app reasonable easy and then started the set up.

As you can see above it took a good few mins. First mistake was thinking the wifi adapter was a bluetooth :-) Fixed that quickly.

Second mistake which was the one which held me up for a long time. I had Personal Hotspot already turned on. No matter what I done it wouldn't connect.

The wifi would not connect to iPhone or iPad but seemed to connect straight away to an old Android.

Once I fixed the Personal Hotspot by turning on and then back on again it connected straight away.

Reading the manual might have been handy but away I went. My brother had camera turned off so I just flew with it in sight. Then I got a little cocky and sent it about 400m away across a field. On way back I turned but it took a wider turning circle than I had expected and I ended up about 1-1/2M away from a direct hit into tree truck.

At that stage I got less cocky as huge power cables running across field. Not ideal place for first flying. Turned on camera and just flew out into front garden, it worked perfect. Then battery was gone so shut it down

Will I buy one, I dont honestly know, I am heading down to his house next weekend so will get a proper run at it. My wife has already told me she knows I will have one bought in a week as it is really the only gadget I dont have in house:p:p:p:p:p

I (again) smashed a phone recently, so i havent flown my drone in ages.

I have yet to install the app again, but has anyone had this issue with their drone. Here's some footage from mine. The camera keeps going to the right, randomly (but enough to make it a pain). I don't do video, only photos, but its annoying even then, having to take half a dozen photos to try and ensure you aren't just taking photos of the drone itself. :rolleyes:

(just to note, the wind wasnt that strong, it wasnt raining etc. this is a consistent enough issue).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭padair

I (again) smashed a phone recently, so i havent flown my drone in ages.

I have yet to install the app again, but has anyone had this issue with their drone. Here's some footage from mine. The camera keeps going to the right, randomly (but enough to make it a pain). I don't do video, only photos, but its annoying even then, having to take half a dozen photos to try and ensure you aren't just taking photos of the drone itself. :rolleyes:

(just to note, the wind wasnt that strong, it wasnt raining etc. this is a consistent enough issue).

Does the camera need to be synced before flying?

padair wrote: »
    Does the camera need to be synced before flying?

I'm not really sure I know what that means to be honest. I can take photo and video with it and it works grand like that..?

Must go off on a Google.. :)

I'm not really sure I know what that means to be honest. I can take photo and video with it and it works grand like that..?

I think it was happening on an old firmware, is it updated? I just hope it's not a malfunction on the gimbal.

• Advertisement

tedpan wrote: »
    I think it was happening on an old firmware, is it updated? I just hope it's not a malfunction on the gimbal.

As far as I know the firmware I have is the most recent. I had an optional update a while ago, which I took, but it didn't help :o

As far as I know the firmware I have is the most recent. I had an optional update a while ago, which I took, but it didn't help :o

Ah no, I'm not sure what's wrong, there are a few people on youtube who have dismantled the gimbal and it fixed the issue although really wouldn't recommend it.

Have you tried calibrating the gimbal and camera?

2.2kms out over water - This morning.

Finally pulled the trigger on drone.
    Any tips & advice for beginner.
    What kind of micro SD is required etc.
    Thanks in advance

padair wrote:
    Finally pulled the trigger on drone. Any tips & advice for beginner. What kind of micro SD is required etc. Thanks in advance

Watch as many YouTube tutorial videos as you can!
    Make sure you're in a wide open space with no obstacles. A field or park
    It's very easy to fly, so won't take long. The first time you set it up, is slightly annoying with updates and calibration, but it's pretty easy after a few flights.
    Get at least a 32gb class10 card. 5 minutes of 1080p footage is almost 2GB and if you want 4k you'll need more storage. I use 64GB high speed cards, don't buy from eBay, too many fakes out there. A genuine 64GB card costs between 30-40euro, I use memoryc.ie

Hope it arrives soon, give us a shout if you need a hand.

Finally pulled the trigger on drone.
    Any tips & advice for beginner.
    What kind of micro SD is required etc.
    Thanks in advance

As Tedpan said, wide open space to get used to it...

I nearly done a head first into tree, about half a metre away, when I misjudged the turning circle....wasn't even my drone

As Tedpan said, wide open space to get used to it...

I nearly done a head first into tree, about half a metre away, when I misjudged the turning circle....wasn't even my drone

Will play it Safe. When I first bought at powerkite I made the mistake of bouncing it off a barbed wire fence on the first flight. Felt pretty stupid. Won't be making the same kind of mistakes again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭RonTon

Will play it Safe. When I first bought at powerkite I made the mistake of bouncing it off a barbed wire fence on the first flight. Felt pretty stupid. Won't be making the same kind of mistakes again :)

Maybe mark drone with your mobile number incase you loose it (which I did)or get one of those tracker’s that looks like a button ...
    Radio or gps
    I’ll be getting another one when I’ve a few spare bob ,they are great fun to use and the video/photo quality is fantastic

RonTon wrote: »
    Maybe mark drone with your mobile number incase you loose it (which I did)or get one of those tracker’s that looks like a button ...
    Radio or gps
    I’ll be getting another one when I’ve a few spare bob ,they are great fun to use and the video/photo quality is fantastic

Good idea, what trackers can you get?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭RonTon

Good idea, what trackers can you get?

Don’t have a link at moment but I think I saw a few YouTube clips on them

Advertisement