Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xiaomi Mi Drone 4k - 393 euro including delivery

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭RonTon

AS1890 wrote: »
    Just about to buy this now! Does anyone have a preferred shipping warehouse? Am I better off shipping from Europe? Also there is two Europe flags? Which one should I be choosing?

It was coming in at €446 from European warehouse with DHL shipping. Appreciate any advice!

I think mine came for China, 2-3weeks it took if I remember,sry don’t know if it was dhl ,I ordered spare props at same time, only a few Euro more

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

Well, as much as I was anticipating this Xiaomi 4K, I decided to spend a bit extra and go for a DJI in the end.

Problem is, I already ordered the Xiaomi 4K plus a load of accessories! The accessories have already arrived and the drone itself should be here in about a week, I’d say.

Going to stick it on Adverts but I’ll give those on this thread first dibs. Selling the whole package as one, for the price I paid. Not looking to make any profit, just my money back.

Here’s the package:

Xiaomi 4K. US$431.10=€368.58

Xiaomi Mi 17.4V 5100mAh Battery
    US$85.99=€73.58

Outdoor Shockproof Backpack Shoulder Bag Soft Carry Bag For XIAOMI Mi Drone
    £22.26=€25.42

2 sets of Anti-Impact Propeller Guard Blades Professional Frame Protect For Xiaomi Drone
    £6.85 * 2 = £13.70=€15.64

Total comes to €483.22 for the lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Well, as much as I was anticipating this Xiaomi 4K, I decided to spend a bit extra and go for a DJI in the end.

Problem is, I already ordered the Xiaomi 4K plus a load of accessories! The accessories have already arrived and the drone itself should be here in about a week, I’d say.

Going to stick it on Adverts but I’ll give those on this thread first dibs. Selling the whole package as one, for the price I paid. Not looking to make any profit, just my money back.

Here’s the package:

US$85.99=€73.58

£22.26=€25.42

2 sets of Anti-Impact Propeller Guard Blades Professional Frame Protect For Xiaomi Drone

Hi there mate,
    Are you based in Dublin?

Thanks,
    M

madmoe wrote: »
    Hi there mate,
    Are you based in Dublin?

Thanks,
    M

I’m away working in England so it would have to be couriered, but I’d pay for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

I’m away working in England so it would have to be couriered, but I’d pay for that.

Couriered from the UK to here?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

My mate has one, he's based near Blanch. Basically Brand New (Flown once for 10 minutes at work), but can't fly in his are due to being so close to the airport - 400e if anyone's interested.

Anyway, here's a clip from this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭gafarrell

tedpan wrote: »
    My mate has one, he's based near Blanch. Basically Brand New (Flown once for 10 minutes at work), but can't fly in his are due to being so close to the airport - 400e if anyone's interested.

Anyway, here's a clip from this morning

Does it come with any extras? How many batteries etc..

gafarrell wrote:
    Does it come with any extras? How many batteries etc..

No extras, comes with all accessories. Literally been in the air 10 mins. It's only a few weeks old.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭KyleJJE

Currently €410 on banggood. Anyone see better prices?

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭lordlame

KyleJJE wrote: »
    Currently €410 on banggood. Anyone see better prices?

Tedpans mates one for €400 😎

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 Cagier

Did the drone itself arrive yet? I'm happy to pay that price and also cover the courier costs from the UK as this is pretty much what I was about to order myself.

Here’s the package:

US$85.99=€73.58

£22.26=€25.42

Sorry, I don’t know why wasn’t notified of your reply. Yes, I will pay for it to be couriered to Ireland.

Anyway, everything has now arrived and it’s ready to go. Link to adverts: https://www.adverts.ie/other-electronics/brand-new-xiaomi-4k-drone-lots-of-accessories/15584179

Cagier wrote: »
    Did the drone itself arrive yet? I'm happy to pay that price and also cover the courier costs from the UK as this is pretty much what I was about to order myself.

Yes, arrived today. Sorry for late reply. Don’t know why I’m not getting notifications.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭bassy

What's the flight time of the mi drone 4k and also range.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,652 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

I was looking at one of these along with a DJI Spark. I got a few Amazon vouchers, so that restricted my buying choice to the Spark, as there is no Xiaomi drone on Amazon, other than a new seller. But after waiting to get a few more notes together, I came across the Parrot Disco, who's price has dropped due to them becoming end of life. Currently they are going for £368 new, but I've ordered one that is 'nearly new' on Amazon Warehouse for £290. They are a different breed of kit, but has a 45 minute flying time, after watching a few YT videos, I can't wait to get my hands on it. Check the vid below. These were over a grand when first launched.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B01GOOUEGA/ref=dp_olp_0?ie=UTF8&condition=all&qid=1528408859&sr=1-3

This thread seems to be the central BA for drone bargains as of late, so thought I'd add it here for anyone who might be interested.

I'll report back when I get it. Interesting to note that I'm also an East Meath resident, so you can expect similar shots of Bettystown beech that we have gotten used to from tedpan :D.

bassy wrote:
    What's the flight time of the mi drone 4k and also range.

18-24 minutes depending on how windy it is. I've been 2.5km out to sea, but they advertise 4km range.

delly wrote:
    I'll report back when I get it. Interesting to note that I'm also an East Meath resident, so you can expect similar shots of Bettystown beech that we have gotten used to from tedpan .

Cool, would love to see it in action!

digitaldr wrote:
    Will do. Due to arrive 22-25th of May

How's the air flying, got any footage?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,652 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

The new toy arrived and the first test flight was a success. Here's a pic for the moment, until I can upload to YouTube.

delly wrote:
    The new toy arrived and the first test flight was a success. Here's a pic for the moment, until I can upload to YouTube.

Cheers, takes a great shot! I wonder how it will be in the wind. It's been pretty calm recently.

• Advertisement

Cheers, takes a great shot! I wonder how it will be in the wind. It's been pretty calm recently.

Ah here, don't talk about wind yet, I'm just getting myself together :D

Speaking of which, here is a video of the first flight. I took off about a minute before it starts and between setting it to record and looking at other settings, the thing just gets away so quickly, it was a real moment of where the hell is it. After getting my head together, it's very easy to fly and is a real buzz, I can't wait to head out again.

delly wrote:
    Ah here, don't talk about wind yet, I'm just getting myself together
    Hahaha
    delly wrote:
    Speaking of which, here is a video of the first flight. I took off about a minute before it starts and between setting it to record and looking at other settings, the thing just gets away so quickly, it was a real moment of where the hell is it. After getting my head together, it's very easy to fly and is a real buzz, I can't wait to head out again.

Looks class, a totally different way of flying. The footage looks incredibly smooth, very impressed!

Looks class, a totally different way of flying. The footage looks incredibly smooth, very impressed!
    Yeah, it has image stabilisation, which I can only work out as being software at source. From looking at other videos online, if you turn slow enough it gives a smooth transition. You can see when I was just beside Tesco I lost contact and it went into loiter mode, which it spins in a circle, so these were not as smooth.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭keavebm

Hi everyone i have a dji spark and the video quality is very shaky and patchy at times. Ive tried everything to fix it but no joy. Anybody any suggestions

So I'm slowly getting the hang of this flying malarkey. To be fair it pretty much does all the hard work for you.

Anyhow a link to my next video, which makes me think, I had a look and don't see a drone forum, or is there any other forum where putting these videos up may be more appropriate?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

delly wrote: »
    So I'm slowly getting the hang of this flying malarkey. To be fair it pretty much does all the hard work for you.

Anyhow a link to my next video, which makes me think, I had a look and don't see a drone forum, or is there any other forum where putting these videos up may be more appropriate?

Here it is...

https://touch.boards.ie/forum/486

deco nate wrote: »

Ah, great thanks. I would not have thought to search under models.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭jogdish

The Irish aviation auth. says >1kg or higher than 15m needs to be registered?

So higher than 15m seems to be most things, so I am guessing I need to register? Anyone else done this? Are you required to enable any tracking software for the IAA or anything?

jogdish wrote:
    The Irish aviation auth. says >1kg or higher than 15m needs to be registered?

jogdish wrote:
    So higher than 15m seems to be most things, so I am guessing I need to register? Anyone else done this? Are you required to enable any tracking software for the IAA or anything?

Yep, I've registered. No information required apart from the drone type and model. They send you out a tag to stick onto your quad. That's it really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭satstheway

I have mostly taken videos but notice when I am recording and take a photo it comes out 16/9 and when not recording it comes out 4/3.
    Not sure of the raw jpeg difference.
    Trying to get the best photo for a canvas and not sure how to get the best photo or what size print is possible.

Advertisement