Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xiaomi Mi Drone 4k - 393 euro including delivery

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭keltoms05

So took the drone out this evening to get a few pics, was 150m up and next thing I see on my screen is a propeller and then a black screen followed by the drone falling out of the sky.

Very lucky where it landed - on a grass verge beside a load of rocks and water either side!

Anyway camera is broken along with 3 props.

Was good while it lasted

Just looking at the camera here and am wondering is there a way to attach this piece of film back together?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

keltoms05 wrote:
    So took the drone out this evening to get a few pics, was 150m up and next thing I see on my screen is a propeller and then a black screen followed by the drone falling out of the sky.

Oh no, were you recording? I wonder what happened?

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭satstheway

keltoms05 wrote: »
    Just looking at the camera here and am wondering is there a way to attach this piece of film back together?

I think you can get replacement ribbon cables but I cannot see gimble parts online.

Did the prop come loose and come off?

satstheway wrote: »
    I think you can get replacement ribbon cables but I cannot see gimble parts online.

Did the prop come loose and come off?

No props were still on it, just broken. No Tedpan I was flying it backwards to get a photo of a bridge. Was 156m up so definitely didn't hit any buildings/ poles.

Only thing I think of is that if it hit a bird.

Here's the flight log

• Advertisement

Only thing I think of is that if it hit a bird.

Here's the flight log

I was thinking it was a bird, if it was I'm guessing the bird was in bad shape after it either.

I can't see a flight log? :S

tedpan wrote: »
    I was thinking it was a bird, if it was I'm guessing the bird was in bad shape after it either.

Sorry here you go

https://youtu.be/c4XOaAP52Lo

Yeah it didn't lose connection either because as it was going down it has on the flight log 'aircraft connected'

Weird one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭padair

How long did it take gearbest to deliver to everyone? Month +?

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Lanshane

Took just over 2 weeks for mine......6 weeks for spare battery to arrive, both ordered on the same day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

any idea if these drones have NFZ'S ?(no fly zones)

any idea if these drones have NFZ'S ?(no fly zones)

They do close to some airports, but never had an issue with mine.

Some careless flying in the work car park today!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

Excellent quality though. 4K, yes? Did the drone survive?

Excellent quality though. 4K, yes? Did the drone survive?

Yep, luckily it's all good!

It looks like such a brilliant drone. Over on HotUKDeals it was showing as low as £240 only a few weeks back. If it drops back to that level, I’ll bite.

It looks like such a brilliant drone. Over on HotUKDeals it was showing as low as £240 only a few weeks back. If it drops back to that level, I’ll bite.

That's an unreal price. If you see it again, can you let us know, will buy a spare :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Complete drone novice question here but can you take pics with this or is it just videos?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Complete drone novice question here but can you take pics with this or is it just videos?

Yes you can

• Registered Users Posts: 40 spiller9020

You can take both Pics and Videos

• Registered Users Posts: 40 spiller9020

Heads up guys the Xiaomi Mi 4k Drone is now 399 euro on Gearbest "China Warehouse"
    https://www.gearbest.com/rc-quadcopters/pp_363299.html?wid=1433363 ;
    And 416 euro from "European Warehouse"
    https://www.gearbest.com/rc-quadcopters/pp_363299.html?wid=1101231
    If anyone is still looking to buy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Lanshane

Flipping hell what happened? Were you doing a tap fly or something and got the altitude wrong? Maybe you were drunk? If the likes of an experienced flyer like you are crashing were all doomed. Hope it wasn't too much damage, once camera is ok not so bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭ozmo

doesnt look like the ribbon is broken - at least the one on the left - its just disconnected?

“Roll it back”

Lanshane wrote:
    Flipping hell what happened? Were you doing a tap fly or something and got the altitude wrong? Maybe you were drunk? If the likes of an experienced flyer like you are crashing were all doomed. Hope it wasn't too much damage, once camera is ok not so bad.

No, I looked away for a second while explaining flying to the lads. :D All is good, the props even survived!

Will fly it this morning to make sure nothing is wrong

Foggy and sunny at the same time! Seems to be flying well after the crash!

Foggy and sunny at the same time! Seems to be flying well after the crash!

That is unreal! Is that with this xiaomi drone? It’s actually above the clouds??

That is unreal! Is that with this xiaomi drone? It’s actually above the clouds??

Yep, recorded in 1080p 30fps, I find it's the easiest setting for editing. Low foggy clouds :)

Yep, recorded in 1080p 30fps, I find it's the easiest setting for editing. Low foggy clouds :)

I need to get this drone. It seems so awesome. I bought my son a VISUO XS809HW for Christmas, which is a toy really. We find controlling it hard, especially in the wind. How is this Xiaomi in the wind?

I need to get this drone. It seems so awesome. I bought my son a VISUO XS809HW for Christmas, which is a toy really. We find controlling it hard, especially in the wind. How is this Xiaomi in the wind?

Strong wind is not recommended, but you can fly it on most days, as long as it's not raining of course! :D

It's so easy to fly and locks into GPS hold as soon as you let go of the sticks. Can't recommend it enough.

• Advertisement

€365 delivered here:

Tempted!!

Link doesn't work for me :(

Advertisement