Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eurovision 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

MVG wrote: »
    bit of a weird question here..Was anyone following the dress rehearsal final yesterday and if so approximatly or preferably accuratly how long was the show and what time will it finish tonight??

Generally the TV show will start at 8 and finish up around midnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,577 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Happy Eurovision Day Everyone! :D
    giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,718 ✭✭✭jluv

I'm really looking forward to it!!
    Going to a family party this afternoon and I've offered myself as designated driver. They all think I'm great:D But truthfully I'm saving my wine to have watching Eurovision tonight:p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭neonsofa

jluv wrote: »
    I'm really looking forward to it!!
    Going to a family party this afternoon and I've offered myself as designated driver. They all think I'm great:D But truthfully I'm saving my wine to have watching Eurovision tonight:p

Win win for you! Brownie points and wine :)

• Registered Users Posts: 39,679 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Am I wrong that I detect an air of confidence for Ireland tonight in the Eurovision from this thread ? Is it fair to say it's not beyond the realm of possibility that we might be involved at the business end tonight ?

• Advertisement

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Am I wrong that I detect an air of confidence for Ireland tonight in the Eurovision from this thread ? Is it fair to say it's not beyond the realm of possibility that we might be involved at the business end tonight ?

Left hand side of the table maybe but we won’t win it.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭SireOfSeth

Can you watch it on BBC or are we stuck with Marty?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

SireOfSeth wrote: »

I watch BBC, Marty annoys me at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

I love our song, I’ve been listening to it on repeat for weeks. Would love to see it do well. I’d be surprised if we won, I think song like Cyprus (even though I don’t get all the love for it) and Israel will do better.

Ireland’s staging is the best it’s been in years though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

Marty is gone very mumbly and hoarse recently and clearly hAs zero interest in the contest , they need to send someone with a bit of energy to cover it but not in an overly camp way , just someone Who doesn’t have to put on an image .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72,251 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

I watch BBC, Marty annoys me at times.

Always the Beeb...and don’t forget to raise a glass to Sir Terry Of Wogan at song nine.

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

Oops69 wrote: »
    Marty is gone very mumbly and hoarse recently and clearly hAs zero interest in the contest , they need to send someone with a bit of energy to cover it but not in an overly camp way , just someone Who doesn’t have to put on an image .

Risky move that. We could end up with the z-list celeb mate of someone in RTE.

Berserker wrote: »
    Risky move that. We could end up with some z-list celeb mate of someone in RTE.

This. I mean whatever you think of Marty Whelan, he's a safe pair of hands with the Eurovision.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,148 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Oops69 wrote:

He really just doesn't suit the show at all! They need a fresh voice for the show.

He really just doesn't suit the show at all! They need a fresh voice for the show.

Be careful what you wish for lads. We might end up with Lottie Ryan as host of it if we aren't careful.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,577 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

You can watch the live stream direct from the Eurovision on their youtube channel with gloriously no commentary at all.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,071 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

I watched the semi finals on RTE, but will most definitely be watching tonight on BBC for Graham Norton.

Marty grates most of the time, and just waffles on about how great we once were!!

Norton brings a level of comedy to the show, which is what it needs as a 4 hour long show!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Stuck two euro on Norway.

That's how you write a song lose two quid. :pac:

I think Alexander Rybak has ruined his legacy somewhat, 2009 was one of the best and most original winners, his song this year is just bland and boring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

How the f#ck are Ireland that low a price?? Surely they didn't release vote results to the bookies. Only explanation for such a drop

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

thelad95 wrote: »
    I think Alexander Rybak has ruined his legacy somewhat, 2009 was one of the best and most original winners, his song this year is just bland and boring.

Probably wanted a few quid more.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

I like Marty Whelan, he is ridiculous which makes him funny. It wouldn't be right having anyone else IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

KatW4 wrote: »
    I like Marty Whelan, he is ridiculous which makes him funny. It wouldn't be right having anyone else IMO.

Marty fan here too!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

KatW4 wrote: »

Yeah I like Marty too, I actually laugh :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

I don't mind Marty atall but just prefer Graham

• Registered Users Posts: 16,392 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

If we don't give the Brits a few points tonight they won't be happy, they were very salty over it last years when we gave them nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

If he wears a #metoo TShirt he'll romp home.

and performs an abortion live on stage. while dabbing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

If we don't give the Brits a few points tonight they won't be happy, they were very salty over it last years when we gave them nothing.

We always give you a few points even if your song is rubbish, so you should reciprocate.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Eoin247

How the f#ck are Ireland that low a price?? Surely they didn't release vote results to the bookies. Only explanation for such a drop

I'm guessing it's due to the huge amount of chat about it on social media. That's one of the main ways they gauge interest in these sorts of things nowadays

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Mahony0509

Irish odds have dropped slightly again.

Advertisement