Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Late Late Show Friday 11th May

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

So... who's looking forward to the Royal Wedding?

Db5rs78WAAEFZed.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 81,827 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

If you got Monday off work on condition you watched it I would look forward to it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭JohnnyChimpo

darlett wrote: »
    Think you need to go back to the original comment you're basing your accusations on and realise you were the first hard man/woman slagging off anyone, making out AD is some sort of transphobic cave dweller by suggesting at worst a cautious response to a child showing perhaps early signs of transgender. Suppose theres something else going on, seems you would just assume their... Very over the top stuff from you dont you think.

I don't think so, no. It's pretty much the most cliched transphobic argument around, outside of "they're sneaking into the ladies jacks and molesting kids". The funny thing about transphobia is if you call anyone out on it in even the mildest fashion you get all manner of pearl-clutching, faux-outraged denial, and randomers popping in to defend them

• Registered Users Posts: 4,714 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

vladmydad wrote: »
    Let’s be honest we really are milking this gay marriage thing now. They put that in the video because they knew it would get some controversy. But live and let live

Others use fancy costumes or special effects etc. We just did it better.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,598 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

I was gonna joke about the Liverpool players and their fantastic attetion to mass market skincare, but then the Barcelona team busted in to tell us all about their favourite range of entry level refridgerators.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Autosport wrote: »
    (Goes to rte player) ;)

Ah no, normally I mug for the camera to make sure I get on screen but I looked like a cat after a swim today so I kept walking

wet-cat.png

M

I don't think so, no. It's pretty much the most cliched transphobic argument around, outside of "they're sneaking into the ladies jacks and molesting kids". The funny thing about transphobia is if you call anyone out on it in even the mildest fashion you get all manner of pearl-clutching, faux-outraged denial, and randomers popping in to defend them

My initial comment if you look back at it and actually read it instead of dismissing anyone with what is called an opinion was a caution that parents shouldn't rush in to making quick decisions steering their child in to one direction based on a small phase in their life. My post wasn't saying I am 100% not believing that some people were born that way so to speak.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭lufties

Let’s be honest we really are milking this gay marriage thing now. They put that in the video because they knew it would get some controversy. But live and let live

Of course they did. Very cunning indeed. Its interesting how Ireland inc portrays to the world how tolerant and 'progressive' nation we are. Whereas it can be the total opposite.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭vladmydad

darlett wrote: »
    Think you need to go back to the original comment you're basing your accusations on and realise you were the first hard man/woman slagging off anyone, making out AD is some sort of transphobic cave dweller by suggesting at worst a cautious response to a child showing perhaps early signs of transgender. Suppose theres something else going on, seems you would just assume their... Very over the top stuff from you dont you think.

There’s only 2 genders........ quite remarkable how that is a controversial statement these days but biology and facts don’t care about your feelings

• Registered Users Posts: 33,740 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

This is very sad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Are you still going on about it ???

Depends, are you still white-knighting some other randomer in the fvckin LLS thread?
    Not at all I agree with Atlantic dawn. So shall we leave it there !

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Be grateful for what you have dont rock the boat government segment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

Be grateful for what you have dont rock the boat government segment

Give over you donut.

Db5rs78WAAEFZed.jpg

People whe sell magazines and tv companies who want to fill their schedules?

(Also the fancy pants computernet versions of these the young people consume these days)

There’s only 2 genders........ quite remarkable how that is a controversial statement these days but biology and facts don’t care about your feelings

Leftties don't believe in facts

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Give over you donut.

Every Friday night

Disease pain suffering

Is it a coincidence?

QED I reckon. There you go with your "just asking questions" AD, you've got your backup in all their glory

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Good evening all, Graham Norton has has started & Brolin has just mentioned Green Lantern, lol :D
    I remember having one of those desks in primary school, my hole must have been numb the entire 9 months, pure hardship.

Me too, but you wouldn't dare tell the wife that story :D
    They should restore some old cars one year.

Try restoring the LLS :P
    Yes - people will laugh

They use to use these things - wires.

Don't forget they were the first to have the 'wireless', before it became fashionable ;)
    RobertKK wrote: »
    Friday Night Dinner on C4, then I'll continue watching the LLS.

Double the fun with last ever ep of Episodes too :p:o:o
    If we don't win Eurovision this year we will need to send a fully camperized Johnny Logan in next year, the nuclear option.

Bring 'Rocket Man' outta retirement :eek:
    Da fuq is Johnny wearing

That's tame for eurovision ;)
    Didn't know Kurt Russell was going to be on, where's Johnny?

No doubt 'Escape from Sweden' tomoro nite with Snake Plissken :D
    Skid X wrote: »
    She represented Norway?

Quisling!
    State of Johnny. Where's Linda?

For a minute, i thought that was Glenn Close, that explains where Linda Martin went, #bunnyboiler #dinnerforone :):D

M

He seems really positive, fair play.

lufties wrote: »
    Of course they did. Very cunning indeed. Its interesting how Ireland inc portrays to the world how tolerant and 'progressive' nation we are. Whereas it can be the total opposite.

Sure didn't Ryan O'Shaunessy more or less admit on this show it was a bloke and a girl, but it was so dull someone said "let's try it with two of the bloke dancers!"

• Advertisement

Trans-phobia? Is that some made up word like islamaphobia?

M

Please please have Conor coming out for a special guest appearance.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭LoughNeagh2017

There is a man here in south Derry who went over to London with a lorry driver just to help him out and he ended up having a load of concrete fall on him and is now paralysed from neck down, can't speak either.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Well why not, it's a great gimic. They're there to win and the Eurovision is as camp as a row of tents so it'll definitely do very well based on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭sudzs

There are only 2 sexes, gender is an entirely different thing.... so not so much a controversial statement as an incorrect one.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,292 ✭✭✭CH3OH

He has a great positive attitude. Life can be so cruel .

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Sure didn't Ryan O'Shaunessy more or less admit on this show it was a bloke and a girl, but it was so dull someone said "let's try it with two of the bloke dancers!"

Yes, the natural way of things is boring..Nah, not buying it.

lufties wrote: »
    Trans-phobia? Is that some made up word like islamaphobia?

ticking a lot of boxes, mate. Certain irony to the fact that you probably consider yourself a "freethinker" who doesn't capitulate to "leftie identity politics" or something like that, yet you repeat what you've been taught so obediently :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,740 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

He is coming across so well, he knows he can't change it and accepted it and just seems a lovely chap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

He seems really positive, fair play.
    His dad is a great guy as well.

Advertisement