Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Late Late Show Friday 11th May

Options
1789101113»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Gonad

What an absolutely beautiful lady .
    Devastated for her and her kids .

Also shout out to that amazing young man who was on earlier that had the bike accident .

The strength of these people amaze me .

• Registered Users Posts: 15,584 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Men are men. Women are women. Boys are boys. Girls are girls. In my sad UN PCBRIGADE PROTECTED WORLD that I live in.

You live in your small little world bubble then but the fact is there is girls,boys, Women and Men that were supposed to be Women or men but never wanted to be and have always known they were born into the wrong body and are really a different gender.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Skid X wrote: »
    After all the build up, no Trans Talk tonight.

mwFhD.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Agent_47

Emma was powerful stuff on RTE Radio 1 yesterday morning, very hard to take it in. Its hard to believe there are power players in the HSE who put HSE reputation over common sense duty of care.

The whole HSE should be split up into different care units, let them compete against each other for best in class care and learn from each other.

It will be a hard period ahead when Emma, Vicki and many more leave their loved ones, its shocking how powerless we actually are.......

• Registered Users Posts: 16,073 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    It's so cool that adult sons can finally buy their father's a meal now.

Thank you, Ulster Bank.

And dad acts like son has just bought him a holiday home in France

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,228 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Lisha wrote: »
    Apparently there’s a Breast check scandal looming also. I’m too numb to feel shocked by thst.
    My babies are 10 and 8. I can’t imagine having the conversations that Emma has had to have with her children.
    The stuff of Nightmares.

Hopefully they don't attempt to feck out the news of that while this is still making headlines.

Bloody joke of an organisation, if I arrived in Ireland from Mars in the morning to run the HSE the first thing I would do is check what country in Europe has the best detection rates and carbon copy that, no need to reinevent, consult or talk sheite with unions or vested interests.

AMKC wrote: »
    You live in your small little world bubble then but the fact is there is girls,boys, Women and Men that were supposed to be Women or men but never wanted to be and have always known they were born into the wrong body and are really a different gender.

They weren't born in the wrong body. They just didn't like the body they were born in.
    It is a mentality thing, psychological, it isn't flawed biology

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭darlett

I was particularly furious this week when I read this.

"Quest is the company at the heart of the cancer test scandal. A decade ago Sinn Féin Health spokesperson Caoimhghín Ó Caoláin TD said this in the Dáil:

'The Minister for Health and Children would rather listen to corporate executives in the private health business and her HSE has awarded the contract for cervical cancer tests to Quest Diagnostics, a US company that has an unacceptably high rate of errors and has been convicted of fraud. Not only are our health services being privatised but jobs and services are being exported. Trained and trainee lab technicians in Ireland are being written off and many have had to emigrate to find work. Patients' tests are being sent out of the country to be dealt with by a questionable entity abroad. I shudder to think of the long-term consequences.'"
    A decade ago he could see it coming, and he's not claiming to be Nostradamus.

I assume it was Mary Harney who signed off on this crap and deadly decision. Accountability is needed, and she, and perhaps others should go to prison in order to reduce other long term consequences.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭mollser

Emma's sorry is dreadful. But she was diagnosed in 2016 and got treatment which is hard, degrading etc. How is this part of the cervical scandal? Think I'm missing something? Serious question. If you've already got cancer and been through the ringer on this are you really going to be relying on the smear screening test?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭pleas advice

so eh, The Crying Game is starting on Channel 4 in a minute...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,802 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

Did any of ye watch the turtle man last night

mollser wrote: »
    Emma's sorry is dreadful. But she was diagnosed in 2016 and got treatment which is hard, degrading etc. How is this part of the cervical scandal? Think I'm missing something? Serious question. If you've already got cancer are you going to be relying on the smear screening test?

If Emmas smear test was accurate in 2013 she would have had a simple proceedure to get rid of pre cancerous cells . Her smear test was falsly negative so Emma did not get the treatment that would have stopped her getting cervical cancer

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

mollser what are you smoking...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Men are men. Women are women. Boys are boys. Girls are girls. In my sad UN PCBRIGADE PROTECTED WORLD that I live in.

Ah your fine. It's quite a big bubble actually. And I enjoy it. Cheers!

Ms

They weren't born in the wrong body. They just didn't like the body they were born in.
    It is a mentality thing, psychological, it isn't flawed biology

I disagree. A Transgender person is a Person that is born with the wrong body and wants to transition to have the body they feel they were meant to be born with. Sure some of them might not like parts of the body either but it's more than that. It's about the life they want to live as well. Sure why would a man want to become a women when he could live an easier life as a man and earn more too doing doing the same job as a man than a women.
    The answer is complicated but why should he live a lie telling himself he is something that he is not not and trying to live as society expects him to live when he could be living as the women he wants to be and living the life he/she wants to live.
    The same goes for a Trans man as well just the other way around. Why should she try live as a women if she does not want to.
    There is nothing easy about changing gender and it is not for the lighthearted but if that person is more confident in themselves after it and happier than that can only be good for society as a whole especially if they fit into society better after it as well.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

I disagree. A Transgender person is a Person that is born with the wrong body and wants to transition to have the body they feel they were meant to be born with. Sure some of them might not like parts of the body either but it's more than that. It's about the life they want to live as well. Sure why would a man want to become a women when he could live an easier life as a man and earn more too doing doing the same job as a man than a women.
    The answer is complicated but why should he live a lie telling himself he is something that he is not not and trying to live as society expects him to live when he could be living as the women he wants to be and living the life he/she wants to live.
    The same goes for a Trans man as well just the other way around. Why should she try live as a women if she does not want to.
    There is nothing easy about changing gender and it is not for the lighthearted but if that person is more confident in themselves after it and happier than that can only be good for society as a whole especially if they fit into society better after it as well.

But it isn't the wrong body. They were born as per standard biological evolution, they merely developed psychological/emotional desire to be a man/woman.

If you read 90% of your post you actually agree with this sentiment.

Noone is saying their lifestyle choice is good, bad, or indifferent or any hinderence to society, I am merely saying the issue isn't due to a flawed biological issue which your "wrong body" notion suggests.

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭bonzos

I don't believe any real heads will roll over this. FF and FG behind all the "shock" will still be banging balls around a golf course with heads of HSE in 6mths time. This lady should reject any apologizes or photo shoots from politicians including Micheal D. He has being part of the political system his whole life and knows full well how little accountability there is in the state.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    I know it's not the point, but she is very funny.

She's a brave person, with a brave front!
    It'll be a really sad day when it stops being funny

iamwhoiam wrote: »

Thanks for that, i briefly heard it on the news & got to hear it now,

I hadn't realised she was a single mother of 5! :o
    & to leave all that behind is truly sad!

It's all brave for Varadkar, talk is cheap & James Reilly was in opposition about the outsourcing, but did shag all when both were Ministers for Health themselves durin the cover up from 2014.

People should be out marching to the dail!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭JustJoe7240

Absolutely delighted to see Ian's go fund me shoot up by 25k this evening! Heart goes out to the poor chap!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭mollser

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    If Emmas smear test was accurate in 2013 she would have had a simple proceedure to get rid of pre cancerous cells . Her smear test was falsly negative so Emma did not get the treatment that would have stopped her getting cervical cancer

Ok missed that bit. However the tests are not and cannot be 100% accurate so I'm not sure how that in itself is worthy of a scandal, unless there was a cover up or something which doesn't seem to be the case here.

Nevertheless her story is awful, God love her and her family 😢

• Advertisement

Ok missed that bit. However the tests are not and cannot be 100% accurate so I'm not sure how that in itself is worthy of a scandal, unless there was a cover up or something which doesn't seem to be the case here.

Nevertheless her story is awful, God love her and her family ��

The HSE were warned previously that outsourcing the smear tests to the US company was not the right thing to do .The CPL company had higher rates of false negatives thus risking lives for the cheaper option.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/health/obstetrician-says-he-warned-about-smear-test-outsourcing-10-years-ago-1.3476973

In 2008, medics had fought to keep smear testing in Ireland. At the time, consultant pathologists warned that up to 1,000 cases of cervical cancer a year could be missed if the analysis was outsourced to the US.

“Our cytology system in the Rotunda Hospital, which was well developed, fully accredited and world class, with very good quality assurance systems in place and numerous people analysing smears – two looks rather than one – the quality assurance was at a much higher level than the US,” said Dr Coulter-Smith.

She's a brave person, with a brave front!
    It'll be a really sad day when it stops being funny

Thanks for that, i briefly heard it on the news & got to hear it now,

I hadn't realised she was a single mother of 5! :o
    & to leave all that behind is truly sad!

It's all brave for Varadkar, talk is cheap & James Reilly was in opposition about the outsourcing, but did shag all when both were Ministers for Health themselves durin the cover up from 2014.

People should be out marching to the dail!!

FFS thanks...I'm sick of saying this to people. I've no dog in this fight but I'd happily go along and hold a sandwich board!!! women got more emotive and reactive and aggressive too, about a girl in BELFAST!! in another jurisdiction.. cannot wrap me head around it, how these same people didn't mobilise a giant march even for today is beyond me, maybe same sex marriage and a yes/no vote is more important! #marchifitsuitsyouragenda

Nevertheless her story is awful, God love her and her family 😢

???????

Have you been following current affairs the last fortnight?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Bredabe

rusty cole wrote: »
    FFS thanks...I'm sick of saying this to people. I've no dog in this fight but I'd happily go along and hold a sandwich board!!! women got more emotive and reactive and aggressive too, about a girl in BELFAST!! in another jurisdiction.. cannot wrap me head around it, how these same people didn't mobilise a giant march even for today is beyond me, maybe same sex marriage and a yes/no vote is more important! #marchifitsuitsyouragenda

Partly its the overlap between the two, but I think from listening to my girls, it's because of the differences in ages. This type of screening starts usually at 25, I think and am open to correction its outside of the state screening at 21.

So the youngsters protesting the rape verdict may not be affected to the same extent. Hense the lack of protest on it. Tho I fully expect there will be some kind of protest.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

Ms

But it isn't the wrong body. They were born as per standard biological evolution, they merely developed psychological/emotional desire to be a man/woman.

If you read 90% of your post you actually agree with this sentiment.

Noone is saying their lifestyle choice is good, bad, or indifferent or any hinderence to society, I am merely saying the issue isn't due to a flawed biological issue which your "wrong body" notion suggests.

There bodies might not be flawed but to them it's still the wrong body for them and a lot of them have known this from the day they could think and because of the way they act. Maybe some do decide a bit later that they want to change but I think most know from a very young age but due to circumstance they might not transition until later in life. The lucky ones are the generation that can transition while young or before puberty starts. They get to truly be themselves and live the life they want. I do not for one minute believe that the media or TV made people go oh look I could become a Women or a Man because its not on easy path and it is life changing as well as irreversible.

I am not trying to start an argument I am just saying how I see it.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

There bodies might not be flawed but to them it's still the wrong body for them and a lot of them have known this from the day they could think and because of the way they act. Maybe some do decide a bit later that they want to change but I think most know from a very young age but due to circumstance they might not transition until later in life. The lucky ones are the generation that can transition while young or before puberty starts. They get to truly be themselves and live the life they want. I do not for one minute believe that the media or TV made people go oh look I could become a Women or a Man because its not on easy path and it is life changing as well as irreversible.

I am not trying to start an argument I am just saying how I see it.

Precisely, it is a psychological "issue" (I don't use that word to question them negatively btw)

Bredabe wrote: »
    Partly its the overlap between the two, but I think from listening to my girls, it's because of the differences in ages. This type of screening starts usually at 25, I think and am open to correction its outside of the state screening at 21.

So the youngsters protesting the rape verdict may not be affected to the same extent. Hense the lack of protest on it. Tho I fully expect there will be some kind of protest.

so the youngsters are more affected by rape than cervical cancer? or more likely to be raped than develop cancer? I don't understand yourr point but what I see is a demographic who will march quicker in protest against two men proven innocent, rather than in support of two women condemned to death in their own state....in a nut shell really...certain groups need to spend less time man hating and more time supporting women.....absolute joke these fools turning up by the buss load banging drums etc but give them real purpose and their two busy in starbucks reading up on suffrage and inventing new genders!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Bredabe

rusty cole wrote: »
    so the youngsters are more affected by rape than cervical cancer? or more likely to be raped than develop cancer? I don't understand yourr point but what I see is a demographic who will march quicker in protest against two men proven innocent, rather than in support of two women condemned to death in their own state....in a nut shell really...certain groups need to spend less time man hating and more time supporting women.....absolute joke these fools turning up by the buss load banging drums etc but give them real purpose and their two busy in starbucks reading up on suffrage and inventing new genders!!
    My point is.....that there is an overlap between youngsters who were expressing their rage at sexual violence and those working for the 8th campaigns.

Most of those women would be outside the scope of the cervical cancer issues and many may not be even aware of its existence, given their age group. Which I feel is why there isn't yet any great outpouring of emotion on the topic.

As for the rest, I cant say, as all of mine are politically active in some way or another, unsurprising as they all have a love and knowledge of history.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

Bredabe wrote: »
    My point is.....that there is an overlap between youngsters who were expressing their rage at sexual violence and those working for the 8th campaigns.

Most of those women would be outside the scope of the cervical cancer issues and many may not be even aware of its existence, given their age group. Which I feel is why there isn't yet any great outpouring of emotion on the topic.

As for the rest, I cant say, as all of mine are politically active in some way or another, unsurprising as they all have a love and knowledge of history.

As a man, I don't fall into the scope of cervical cancer issues either, but I'm over 18, can read a newspaper, watch TV and listen to any number of the now 1000's of minutes covering this evolving scandal it's got every bit as much coverage as that belfast trial. I don't buy that because some women are below screening age they aren't particularly as aware of it as they should be. If an Alien landed in Dublin Airport in the morning he'd have some knowledge of this, he'd know vicky phelan and he'd suspect there was a huge cover up which will and has cost lives.. how someone can be politically "active" with a love of history and yet breeze this one by is beyond me. Don't get me wrong, I;m not swiping at you or yours, you sound cool enough, again I'm talking about the #metoo brigade who only dust off the pitch forks for a lynching. you want change, March for this I'd say. And the neck of that little leprechaun leaving the park to go visit this girl for his photo op is a bleeding joke, i'd throw a pot of piss on him and his ilk.....infuriating and patronising is what it is.
    the irony is her kids could well end up in care by the HSE!! to add insult to injury, being placed with some fookin Paedo!

• Advertisement
Advertisement