Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment 1710 Campaign

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭Slo85

NiK9 wrote: »
    So many new names popping up in the group today. It's sad to see some people leave but good to see new people join us.

Be good to finally put faces to names.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭NiK9

Slo85 wrote: »
    So many new names popping up in the group today. It's sad to see some people leave but good to see new people join us.

There were a few at my pca and Medical that I know are on this but I've no idea what their usernames are lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 HankSchrader1

Last account messed up, but back on with this! 70-75 bracket here, I was fast tracked so wasn’t under too much stress! I have my medical passed and awaiting SMT result, which is a formality.

This may be the longest wait now for the phone call as there is no date to aim for! Still trying to work out if June is too early and if it is then possibly August!?

Well done to all, the waiting’s over! For those that didn’t get the news they were after, come the next campaign, you will have invaluable AC experience!

Slo85 wrote: »

There were a few at my pca and Medical that I know are on this but I've no idea what their usernames are lol.

We were at the same PCA and even though I was talking to most people there I have no idea who were on boards!

Last account messed up, but back on with this! 70-75 bracket here, I was fast tracked so wasn’t under too much stress! I have my medical passed and awaiting SMT result, which is a formality.

This may be the longest wait now for the phone call as there is no date to aim for! Still trying to work out if June is too early and if it is then possibly August!?

Well done to all, the waiting’s over! For those that didn’t get the news they were after, come the next campaign, you will have invaluable AC experience!

What was your account name before? Or were you not active?
    As long as people can give notice to their employers I don't see why some of us can't be in the June intake. Depending on numbers with 1509 of course. I know I wouldn't turn it down lol

• Advertisement

What was your account name before? Or were you not active?
    As long as people can give notice to their employers I don't see why some of us can't be in the June intake. Depending on numbers with 1509 of course. I know I wouldn't turn it down lol

Recruit2134, I wasn’t very active though! To be fair at this stage it would be much better for my employer if I left as I currently have little motivation!

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭The Rookie

Hope everyone is having a drink tonight like me 🙊

Just a wee cup of tea for me as Im working tomorrow... hopefully a cold beer tomorrow night. Have a great weekend everyone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭sparkylarky

How is everyones significant other taking the news of the next stage passed?

Mine is more excited than me.

Mine is buzzing as she knows it’s what I want. I still don’t think she fully realises the implications of the job in terms of both personal security/threat and hours though

• Advertisement

Mine is very excited. She is prob happiest that I can now stop talking about the recruitment so much lol. Some of my closest friends are in police so she already knows about the personal security side.

Everyones seems happy! Mine isnt unfortunately, they really concerned about the impact it is going to have on our relationship with the long unsoiciable hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Anni123

Hi everyone! Im new to this page too! Got my email today to say that i passed with a score of 70 but that i cant progress because i didnt send my exwmptions in within the 3 week period! But i did send them back and i have tracked the package today and it says it was delivered and signed for but Deliotte claiming i never sent them!! Im so cross! And of course ive sent an email to deloitte but have yet heard no reaponse! So frustrating! Is anyone else in the same boat as me?

Anni123 wrote: »
    Hi everyone! Im new to this page too! Got my email today to say that i passed with a score of 70 but that i cant progress because i didnt send my exwmptions in within the 3 week period! But i did send them back and i have tracked the package today and it says it was delivered and signed for but Deliotte claiming i never sent them!! Im so cross! And of course ive sent an email to deloitte but have yet heard no reaponse! So frustrating! Is anyone else in the same boat as me?

What exemptions?? Or do you mean exam certificates?
    Best thing to do is send them the proof that it was sent and received.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭The Rookie

I think as long as you have proof of postage then that can prove you have sent them in already. Deloitte will probably get back to you next week, they are probably all taking a breather now it's all been done with them. I think you will be ok but keep us updated on how you get on.

Yeah my exam certificates

I think as long as you have proof of postage then that can prove you have sent them in already. Deloitte will probably get back to you next week, they are probably all taking a breather now it's all been done with them. I think you will be ok but keep us updated on how you get on.

Yeah your probably right, i hate torturing them but hopefully they will get back to me next week! Will keep you updated. Fingers crossed it all works out!

Is the name of the person who signed for them eligible?

Is the name of the person who signed for them eligible?

I think so...on the tracking information for Royal Mail it states the time they were delivered and a picture of the signiature of the person who signed for them. Im probably just freaking out over nothing, im sure when deloitte have time to look into it all will be fine! Im trying to stay positive anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭stm1

What about making a list of those who have passed and rough score. I saw it for the last campaign and thought it seemed like a good idea.

Place your name above or below?

Stm1 55-60

• Advertisement

What age do officers retire at does anybody know?

stm1 wrote: »
    What about making a list of those who have passed and rough score. I saw it for the last campaign and thought it seemed like a good idea.

Stm1 55-60
    Slo85 65-70

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

What age do officers retire at does anybody know?

Old pension scheme was after 35 years service you got full benefit.

Now its a defined contrivution scheme. The reason the contributions are so hight compared to other public sector pensions schemes is because they designed it so police officers can retire early.

Mandatory retirement age is 65 but you can work up to that if you want as under defined contribition pension schemes the longer you work the more you get back.

Like all public sector pension schemes you can take it at 55.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Nap702

Stm1 55-60

Nap702 : 62

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭stm1

Try and keep it in an organised list

Slo85 - 65-70
    Nap702 - 60-65
    Stm1 - 55-60

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

Try and keep it in an organised list

Slo85 - 65-70