Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment 1710 Campaign

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭The Rookie

NiK9 wrote: »
    Updated list. Names are just in the order that they posted their scores.

Rossco22: 75-80
    NIK9: 75-80
    Loremaster Teclis: 75-80
    snickett4: 75-80
    TheBigLight: 70-75
    Lily79: 70-75
    HankSchrader1: 70-75
    Bananarama1512: 70-75
    Faugha: 70-75
    Anni123: 70-??
    Slo85: 65-70
    ML515: 65-70
    takodah: 65-70
    NemesisEejit: 65-??
    gawa84: 65-??
    DarylD96: 60-65
    Nap702: 60-65
    Robocop2k16: 60-65
    Ponif: 60-65
    Coco2070: 60-65
    Adam West: 60-65
    JECornette: 60-65
    Stm1: 55-60
    Rookie23: 55-60
    Mike079: 55-60
    Tom_90: 55-60
    Slatprh: 55-60
    Adam261: 55-60
    Joceyjoe: 55-60
    Njim91: 55-60
    Ohh369: 55-60
    eslow: 55-60
    Belfast_B2014: 50-55
    Starsky1: 50-55
    Waiting88: 50-55

Great job Nik9..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Goonerdee

I’m 50-55 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Lily79

No one should be disheartened with their score. Getting this far and passing the assesment centre is an achievement as most people found it quite tough. They've lowered the score this time so that either means they want more people through or they had to lower it because of difficulty. Everyone should be proud of themselves and if it doesn't work out this time for whatever reason it's all a valuable learning curve for the next go :)

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭The Rookie

Goonerdee wrote: »
    I’m 50-55 :(

Me too pal..it's going to be ok

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭eslow

I think everyone is going to get in ok! Don’t worry we will all see each other on the other side! The lower numbers will just be later in to GV! Everyone have a drink in the sunshine and celebrate

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭takodah

Going by my mate who is in GV from 1509. Was 2017 by the time they got the call. Had a score of 68. Not being negative but what do we reckon the 60-s time frame would be to the call.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Bananarama1512

takodah wrote: »
    Going by my mate who is in GV from 1509. Was 2017 by the time they got the call. Had a score of 68. Not being negative but what do we reckon the 60-s time frame would be to the call.
    Hard to say, but seeing as they really need more into the job ASAP and the fact that it seems a lot of people scored lower this time due to the difficulty of it hopefully it won’t be too long 🀞

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭takodah

takodah wrote: »
    Hard to say, but seeing as they really need more into the job ASAP and the fact that it seems a lot of people scored lower this time due to the difficulty of it hopefully it won’t be too long 🀞

That’s my thought process. Sit tight for be FOI request that was put in (if it comes back) and we should get an idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

When it comes to the pass mark, i think the pass mark is unique to each campaign.

Just because the pass mark wass 55 last time and 50 this time means that the AC was more/less difficult this time. There's simply too many variables that we don't have access to or knowledge of in order to make that assessment.

We don't know the marking scheme or tge marking criteria of 1509 or 1710.

Plus it is reasonable to assume that due to the IST changing the AC changed, which going by what people who sat 1509 and 1710 have said; there was significant differences.

You have passed, F**KING bloody well done and be proud of yourself. You have beat thousands of other people.

But the old adage stands "it pays to be a winner"

Obviously people will be progressed as per their score butnif you scored low, make up for it, smash the PCA. As there will be people who scored higher than you but won't pass the PCA.

This is a discussion board, remember that, yes funding MAY be cut. We are not saying that you WILL be cut we are just making you aware of it. Not fear mongering.

But there's nothing you can do about that so just do what you can. If you arent appointable by the time the next campaign opens then throw in an application but until then just play the game as it stands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Nap702

I think if you passed AC you have every chance to go on and be appointed. Don’t worry, to get this far you done brilliant, start concentrating for the next stages!!

Anyway I started some physical activities today (havnt done much lately) and hiked donard for the first time today. Some buzz to get to the top and challenging lol. Back to gym from tomorrow for some sprints and rowing machine.
    Promise myself that because I struggled at the last two stages, I am going to train hard and smash PCA!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Lily79

If it's correct that people who scored above 65 have been fast tracked then a lot of the work has already been done on those people, pca complete, first group have medical done so everyone is way ahead of where they would be without that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭NiK9

Lily79 wrote: »
    If it's correct that people who scored above 65 have been fast tracked then a lot of the work has already been done on those people, pca complete, first group have medical done so everyone is way ahead of where they would be without that.

Very very good point,there was 50-60 at my PCA familiarisation. That's potentially 2 classes IF everyone passed PCA, vetting, medical and finishes the online learning in time.
    So fast track (both sets) may have possibly took 3-4 months of a wait off of the lower scorers time in limbo.
    Just spend your time now training for PCA, lowering BMI/blood pressure for Medical. And go to the opticians.
    If you need glasses get them for the eyesight test!! I wear glasses when driving at night but I didn't even need to put them on for eye test. But I knew they were there just in case.

Just think, in a few months some of you could be sitting waiting on THE CALL!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Robocop2k16

Think there are one or two boardies in 65-70 bracket who've not been fast tracked so I think the cut off was either 66 or 67. Spose it doesn't really matter as more will be contacted for fiz soon anyway and it takes a good 2 months at least off the wait for everyone else :)

Absolutely buzzing to have passed AC anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Davidb1988

Great job Nik9..

Davidb1988: 70-75

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Mb91

Davidb1988 wrote: »

Great job Nik9..

Davidb1988: 70-75

70-75

The list just keeps growing!! :D
    So many names, and hopefully see the faces soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Ponif

Anyone know what the fitness standard are like at gv, heard something like you do a 3km run a day bright n early

Ponif wrote: »
    Anyone know what the fitness standard are like at gv, heard something like you do a 3km run a day bright n early

You have to do atleast 3 sessions a week. But these arnt always with a PTI some are just in gym, and you have to do your own sessions too.
    Personally I'll be going up to GV early every morning to miss traffic and get a session in before class each day. And then in the evenings depending on time either study or go home depending on rush hour. (Can you tell I hate traffic lol)

Ponif wrote: »

You have to do atleast 3 sessions a week. But these arnt always with a PTI some are just in gym, and you have to do your own sessions too.
    Personally I'll be going up to GV early every morning to miss traffic and get a session in before class each day. And then in the evenings depending on time either study or go home depending on rush hour. (Can you tell I hate traffic lol)

There's also a trim trail around GV, basic running route imterspersed with basic obstacles

Also GV is quite... vertical.

So include hills in runs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 Waiting88

when my partner was in gv (around 2 years ago) he had to do the trim trail with the full gear on including flacker (around 3 stone in weight I think) .. anyone who didn’t complete it meant you all had to start again so people ended up carrying the less fit round... I def need to work on my fitness!!

Waiting88 wrote: »
    when my partner was in gv (around 2 years ago) he had to do the trim trail with the full gear on including flacker (around 3 stone in weight I think) .. anyone who didn’t complete it meant you all had to start again so people ended up carrying the less fit round... I def need to work on my fitness!!

Likely that was the old regime tgat police scotland inspectors ripped apart.

I'm all for it as it's job related training. But unlucky that will happen now.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Waiting88

Yeh this was before all the changes so I’d say it won’t be so hardcore lol.

Any one with tattoos passed vetting yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Joceyjoe

Do they let you know if you pass the vetting? I don’t have a tattoo but have heard nothing since I sent in my vetting forms

Joceyjoe wrote: »

Do they let you know if you pass the vetting? I don’t have a tattoo but have heard nothing since I sent in my vetting forms

Dome fast tracked folk have been told that vetting is passed.

Unlikely anyone else will have had vetting started as PSNI haven't been given the list yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Davidb1988

Have a full sleeve - in 2nd group of ‘fast track’ PCA passed last week and medical at the end of the month. Havnt heard anything regarding vetting and tattoo’s... it’s the thing I’m most nervous about at the minute!

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭goodburger1

All people that have passed, remember u are the ones out of thousands that have made the grade. Just keep plugging away for one day you will b walking through the gates of gv. The wait is horrendous but once there enjoy every minute of it. 23 weeks flies In and you will b on the ground quicker than you think. You will have hard days, days when you can't cope with all you have on, revision, pe, assessments, lectures but as a class you will help each other, be there for each other and at the end you will all pass out together. This is just the start of a long career. Enjoy it all. Good luck everyone. Homer and blue boat am sure you can add some more to this.

Davidb1988 wrote: »
    Have a full sleeve - in 2nd group of ‘fast track’ PCA passed last week and medical at the end of the month. Havnt heard anything regarding vetting and tattoo’s... it’s the thing I’m most nervous about at the minute!

My vetting didn't clear until 2 weeks after PCA so don't be getting too nervous about it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Robocop2k16

The problem I had with that AC was that you were expected to take on the role of a police officer but you can't go into the role play witness interviews like you would a real witness interview because they're looking for specific lines of questioning to hit the key competencies within a ridiculously short time frame. This is totally different than how you're trained to deal with witness interviews in real life which can take ALOT longer. So if you have a background in policing or witness interviewing it might actually have been a hindrance rather than a help?

I think my experience without a doubt did help me. My line of questioning and ability to adapt communication to who I was talking to came second nature. No problems there.

The problem as you said was I had to tell myself to hurry up because I was treating it as another day in the office and the pace threw me a little.

Role play 2 for eg you could easily spend an hour talking about in real life but I appreciate the assessors are limited and have to judge your competency in a small time frame and thats fine.

Its all one big pantomime and you just have to play your best columbo :D

Advertisement