Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSNI Recruitment 1710 Campaign

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Ponif

Nap702 wrote: »
    Anyone that passed AC today. . . Will you apply again in autum 2018?
    I'm not sure, I got in the mid 60's so I have no idea if I'm guaranteed to get a chance at the PCA. Last campaign they completely exhausted the merit list down the low fifties so I'm not sure if it will be worth all that effort to go apply again

I'm not sure, I got in the mid 60's so I have no idea if I'm guaranteed to get a chance at the PCA. Last campaign they completely exhausted the merit list down the low fifties so I'm not sure if it will be worth all that effort to go apply again

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Starsky1

Starsky1 wrote: »
    Yes I will be

I think i will too, I would love another go at AC now that I know what it entails
    I'll keep going until I get in but I hope it's sooner rather than later lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭Banterbus28

Ponif wrote: »

They've had the guts of 3 years....

They are obviously planning to have rolling recruitment.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Ash1008

Is there anyone that got low 50s and still feeling hopeful?

I made the pass mark and no more..so I'm at the bottom of the pile basically...I've no idea what to expect really... just hoping they don't run out of funding and I get cut.. don't really want to have to go through it all again. Hopefully we all make it low and high scores. They seem to be running out of officers so fingers crossed

Yeh and if there is a risk of budget cuts then why are they starting a new campaign this year? Surely that signifies that there is adequate funding.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭The Rookie

I'm the same, I really don't want to have to go through the whole process again but I will to get in. Another long wait is ahead then

Yea this was my last shot at it all so hoping I make it through. Not sure what to expect next as never been in this position before.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭The Rookie

Ash1008 wrote: »
    Yeh and if there is a risk of budget cuts then why are they starting a new campaign this year? Surely that signifies that there is adequate funding.

Thanks Ash1008 that's reassuring to here ðŸ˜႒

Ash1008 wrote: »
    Is there anyone that got low 50s and still feeling hopeful?

I made the pass mark and no more..so I'm at the bottom of the pile basically...I've no idea what to expect really... just hoping they don't run out of funding and I get cut.. don't really want to have to go through it all again. Hopefully we all make it low and high scores. They seem to be running out of officers so fingers crossed

The reason is simple.

Loads of officers in the old defined benefit pension scheme hit 28 day club 2018/2019.

They want 1710 to replace them, has refusing their retirement which the Chief Constable can do will lead to Tribunals.

Another campaign to plug to hole is cheaper than paying out conpensation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭eslow

From what I hear from a friend officer, there is to be no cuts made. They are needing as many through as possible. And have all the funding they need to do that. So there is no worries for cuts being made. It won’t happen ðŸ‘

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Rossco22

NiK9 wrote: »
    I was right about my report writing. Only scored 5.25 out of 15 lol.
    But scored close to full marks on a couple of others. Just shows if you make a mistake you can bring yourself back from it.

I'm exactly the same boat mate, scored 6.75 in the final report and landed in the same category as you, thank god we made up for it in the other bits haha. Well done to all the folks who got the news you were hoping for, and good luck for the remaining stages :)

• Advertisement

Rossco22 wrote: »
    But scored close to full marks on a couple of others. Just shows if you make a mistake you can bring yourself back from it.

I'm exactly the same boat mate, scored 6.75 in the final report and landed in the same category as you, thank god we made up for it in the other bits haha. Well done to all the folks who got the news you were hoping for, and good luck for the remaining stages :)

Must have the gift of the gab lol smooth sayers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭NiK9

I had just pm you asking how you had done lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Robocop2k16

I scored 10 in the report. Thought that was okay seeing as there was little to no time to produce it. Basically just blasted out an incident report the way I would at work.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Rossco22

I had just pm you asking how you had done lol.
    Hahaha great timing. Just replied buddy

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Adam261

Surely if they’re planning on starting recruitment in Autumn 2018 then that means theyve timed it so as to have everyone from 1710 processed before the first group of 2018 intake make it to GV??

Adam261 wrote: »
    Surely if they’re planning on starting recruitment in Autumn 2018 then that means theyve timed it so as to have everyone from 1710 processed before the first group of 2018 intake make it to GV??

Only way to know for certain is through a FOI. (I'm going to submit one). Find out how many passed and then work out how many months that roughly equals to. Don't forget a number of people will drop out due to time and then others will fail PCA, vetting and Medical.

I just submitted the following FOI( the name in the FOI isn't real, as a name is required for it to be answered)

Dear Police Service of Northern Ireland,

Can I please have the following information from the 1710 Recruitment Campaign.

1. The total number of individuals who passed the assessment centre during the 1710 Recruitment Campaign.

2. A breakdown of the number of people into the following scores/merit order. 
    80%+ 
    75 -80% 
    70 -75% 
    65 -70% 
    60 -65% 
    55 -60% 
    50 -55%

Yours faithfully, 
    Miss Black

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Robocop2k16

I just submitted the following FOI( the name in the FOI isn't real, as a name is required for it to be answered)

1. The total number of individuals who passed the assessment centre during the 1710 Recruitment Campaign.

80%+ 
    75 -80% 
    70 -75% 
    65 -70% 
    60 -65% 
    55 -60% 
    50 -55%

Yours faithfully, 
    Miss Black

Legend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Nap702

80%+ 
    75 -80% 
    70 -75% 
    65 -70% 
    60 -65% 
    55 -60% 
    50 -55%

Yours faithfully, 
    Miss Black

Legend

Nik did you ever get your other FOI back

80%+ 
    75 -80% 
    70 -75% 
    65 -70% 
    60 -65% 
    55 -60% 
    50 -55%

Yours faithfully, 
    Miss Black

Legend

Nik did you ever get your other FOI back

No, they said there is a massive back log and my last one hasn't even been assigned someone yet. They said they were working as quick as possible and that if I wanted to I was able to put an official complaint in. But a complaint isn't going to make it happen any faster so just letting them get on with it lol.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Joceyjoe

Hello folks, first time posting here. I just about passed, got between 55-60. I’m shocked I passed at all so I’m really pleased! Fingers crossed it was enough to get a place if all else goes well.

Joceyjoe wrote: »
    Hello folks, first time posting here. I just about passed, got between 55-60. I’m shocked I passed at all so I’m really pleased! Fingers crossed it was enough to get a place if all else goes well.

Welcome to the group and congrats on passing :)

Was so excited I missed the breakdown of the scores, aced the roleplays but only got 4 on the report.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 gawa84

Got my results, circa 65, chuffed to say the least. Big congrats to everyone else who passed and to those who didn’t, the autumn campaign will fly round the corner! Try again and the experience from this time will stand by you all!

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Bananarama1512

Hope everyone is having a drink tonight like me 🙊

Having heard back with the results today, how long until people expect to hear back from PSNI about moving onto next stages? Hopefully the next stages are fairly quick now.

Depends entirely on your individual score. But Deloitte havnt handed the scores to the PSNI yet and won't be until the last number of people hand over educational certificates. It says on JoinPSNI it will be a few more weeks before the first set of candidates hear anything from PSNI.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Nap702

Absolutely buzzing this day cheers folks :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 DarylD96

Got news this morning that I had passed the assessment centre with 62 marks (Grade B)!
    Bit worried for the medical as I had a run in with mental health last year and I currently have an infection in my skin which is now clearing up thanks to antibiotics.
    Heard someone on here mention they check hands for skin conditions but thankfully my hands are completely clear now. Anyone know if they'd have a problem with mental health? Not too worried about my skin as it's basically clear now.
    Hopefully see you all in training at some point!

DarylD96 wrote: »
    Got news this morning that I had passed the assessment centre with 62 marks (Grade B)!
    Bit worried for the medical as I had a run in with mental health last year and I currently have an infection in my skin which is now clearing up thanks to antibiotics.
    Heard someone on here mention they check hands for skin conditions but thankfully my hands are completely clear now. Anyone know if they'd have a problem with mental health? Not too worried about my skin as it's basically clear now.
    Hopefully see you all in training at some point!
    Will depend on the actual illness it's all on an individual basis. Although anything suicidal will be a no go due to having a firearm.

• Advertisement

So many new names popping up in the group today. It's sad to see some people leave but good to see new people join us.

Advertisement