Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

State of Decay 2

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Loved the first one, will definitely be picking it up day one, gameinformer put up a gameplay video yesterday.

Seems to have been a lot of hysteria over the tethering in co-op over the last few days. Can see why people feel it's an issue. Instead of sending 2 people back to base to take care of an attack the whole group has to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,802 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I found the first one incredibly infuriating after a while. Always managed to get to the same place and always died very soon thereafter. Could never get my head properly into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,329 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Is this console only?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Is this console only?

Pc as well.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Pc as well.

Pretty sure it's only Windows 10, and the Microsoft Store at that. Rumour is that it'll come to steam sooner rather than later, but at least it the start it won't.

CatInABox wrote: »
    Pretty sure it's only Windows 10, and the Microsoft Store at that. Rumour is that it'll come to steam sooner rather than later, but at least it the start it won't.

I think the last game was the same, as I remember it not on being on pc straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Panic Stations

They need to get this game on Steam. Really looking forward to it.

Not too sure how keen I am on the multiplayer side of it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,682 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Wow looking that game informer footage when he moves camera around it looks so blurry and as if framerate is seriously low, maybe im just spolied with butter smooth Gsync and 144hz on pc but it looks nauseating,, im kinda interested in the game though, first one was ok.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I liked the first, and I'll go for the sequel, once it's on Steam that is. There's no way I'm touching any of that Windows store nonsense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

If you have the Xbox game pass this is on it (windows), so 9.99 a month or a free 14 day trial to play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Jamiekelly

I'm replaying the first one at the moment so I'll definitely be getting this once it comes to steam. If anything I'll buy it just for the sake of supporting small game developers. Even replaying the first one it's clear the team actually care about what they were doing. Seems to be more innovation and creativity in indie developers nowadays than the entire triple ayyyyyy industry put together.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

This game looks terrible. Even for a mid tier game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Don't forget, they released an enhanced version of the first game that fixed some bugs, and left original players high and dry....

Review embargo is up

IGN – 7.5
    USgamer – 3.5/5
    Critical Hit – 6.5
    Destructoid – 8
    Press Start – 7
    GamesRadar+ – 3.5/5
    Hardcore Gamer – 3/5
    GamingTrend – 85/100

Those scores seem favourable if you take them on their own but some of the reviews are not kind. Like the Eurogamer one.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,649 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Just from reading the review headlines, seems as if most marks are being docked for overall bugginess/performance issues. So just like the first one really, and will hopefully get better with time.

Cant go wrong for a tenner in fairness, I am not spending €70 on a video game ever*

*Arma 3 obvious exception.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Cant go wrong for a tenner in fairness, I am not spending €70 on a video game ever*

*Arma 3 obvious exception.

Where did you get it for a tenner?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Where did you get it for a tenner?

Gamepass I assume

• Advertisement

^^ Its on the Xbox Game Pass, tenner a month or free 14 day trial if you didnt use it for Sea of Thieves.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,132 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

It's only 30 quid to buy by the way, not 70.

Just got an email for the tecnhical Beta.....its out today :/

Lost my first follower Juan, to one of those gas zombies.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Mr.S wrote: »
    Great game imo, a little buggy but I can look past that, I think it's most noticeable during co-op as there seems to be a lot of connection issues (eg guest player lagging / disconnecting) but i'm sure that will get sorted out in the coming weeks.

I agree. It's rough around the edges but a fantastic game.

I hope they address the co-op bugs promptly.

My first survivor died from blunt force trauma to the head by another group of survivors we came across while scouting... Devastated

Edit: just to point out they were avenged. Swift justice came in the form of a burst of 9mm rounds to the face.

How do you dismiss a follower how needs sleep etc? Tried going to the bed to switch to another character and the same guy just follows me anyway.

Also is there a way that I'm missing to unload the car when it's full of stuff or do you have to take it out one by one?

How do you dismiss a follower how needs sleep etc? Tried going to the bed to switch to another character and the same guy just follows me anyway.

Also is there a way that I'm missing to unload the car when it's full of stuff or do you have to take it out one by one?

Press start,scroll over to the menu where you can see all your followers and you press x I think.

Press start,scroll over to the menu where you can see all your followers and you press x I think.

Thats how it should work but it seems you can't dismiss someone while a mission is active.

Overall I'm finding the game ok, it's pretty much the same game with added tedium in some cases like the lack of cars so far vs the last game and now you have to fuel them. I get it's realistic but it's a pain in the hoop is what it is. I swear it's more fun loading and unloading the big weekly shop in my own car than doing it with the bags in this.

Thats how it should work but it seems you can't dismiss someone while a mission is active.

Overall I'm finding the game ok, it's pretty much the same game with added tedium in some cases like the lack of cars so far vs the last game and now you have to fuel them. I get it's realistic but it's a pain in the hoop is what it is. I swear it's more fun loading and unloading the big weekly shop in my own car than doing it with the bags in this.

Actually if you talk to them you can dismiss them that way too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,205 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

The state of

The state of decay 2

Advertisement