Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Noticeboard - All casting calls, auditions, crew requests and general notices go here

1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 marfagirl95

More info please! Where are you filming? Are you looking for actors/crew/writers etc

Im looking for actors mainly but if you are any good with a camera you are welcome to pm me for more info

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Black Rose Studio

Film Sound Recorder & Mixer Available for your project - Looking to gain experience.

Hi.

Im a film sound recorder & mixer looking to build on my experience of recording audio in the field.

I have a huge amount of experience, recording dialogue, bands, voice over. Most of this work has been studio based - My own studio which I ran for several years.

Recently I have become very interested in recording location sound for film and looking to build some more experience.

I have my own equipment, mics, booms, recorders, mixers and monitoring systems to record most productions.
    Im also very experienced using pro tools, mixing and editing audio for film.

So if your looking for a sound recorder/ mixer for your production. Give me a shout. Maybe we can help each other out.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 TheNinetyOnes

Hi all!, we are looking for an actor for an upcoming short film we are shooting at the end of February in County Kerry. We are looking for a male actor between the ages of 26-50 if possible, to play a non-speaking part as our main actor.

'Writer's Block' in short, tells the story of Patrick, a successful author who has many best selling novels behind him, is suddenly struggling to finish his latest bestseller. His past has come back to haunt him and he is unwilling to let it get in his way.

Auditions will be held in Fels Point Hotel, Tralee, Co.Kerry on February 7th.

Pm me for more details and we can arrange a time!.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭AllWasWell

Actors wanted for shoot this Sunday 15th March in Dublin:

It is a one day shoot for a short creepy ghost story that is for the March On Film competition which challenges filmmakers and actors to come together to make a short film entirely within the month of March.

We are looking for;
    Actress (late 20's, early 30's)
    Actress (40s - 50s)

The director's most recent film 'Bedbug' won the Judges Award at last years Clones Film Festival and this new film would be very similar in tone. You can watch BedBug here: https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=765500090171409

If you are interested and available on Sunday, please PM me for more details.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Kate08

Hi all, Talent call below :)

TALENT CALL

Do you stand out from the crowd?
    If so, iDare Media Group are interested in hearing from you. We are looking for people who have an interest in standing in front of the camera and sharing your views of the world with the world.

We are looking for unique, opinionated, confident and somewhat eccentric individuals who are not afraid to say it as it is that wouldn’t normally be seen on television. Strong regional accents, quirky fashion sense all welcome. You can be big, small, short or tall, it doesn’t matter as long as you’re interesting. Must be between 18-25 years of age.
    The only requirement is you can convey your interests to us, no matter how bizarre those interests are.

What do you need to do?

Record yourself for 60 seconds on your phone, tablet or camcorder. Tell us your name, age and contact details and what you’re passionate about. Also tell us what irritates you about the country we live in. Remember, you only have 60 seconds, so keep it brief.
    Once you’re happy with your video, upload it onto youtube or vimeo a link and email it to pr(at)idaremedia(dot)com with the subject ref: Presenter your name and DOB Contact number

Once all videos have been reviewed, a member of our team will contact the shortlisted candidates for a chat. Unfortunately, due to the volumes of videos submitted, we will only be able to respond to the successful candidates. Deadline 3rd July 2015

• Advertisement

CALL FOR CREATIVE DOCUMENTARY FILM MAKERS

Fingal Film Festival want to talk to emerging Documentary Makers

The team at Fingal Film Festival are embarking on a new project for 2016 and want to talk to young people with an interest in documentary filmmaking.

If you are between 15 and 35 years of age, with an interest in documentary filmmaking, but may have never produced a documentary before we are interested in talking to you?

We are looking to explore the possibility of creating a series of documentaries relating to the environment in which you live and the experiences of people your age no matter what the subject.

We are seeking ideas that offer a raw insight into real life issues. They must offer a true reflection of life in your area for your age group. Submitted ideas can be inspirational, quirky, funny or tragic. They can be based on an area, a group of people or an individual. The scope is limitless.

What do you need to do?
    Send us a one pager outline of your idea. or If you can, record on your phone, tablet or camcorder a two minute piece relating to the subject matter of your idea. Your video footage does not have to be edited, just send a continuous 2 minute clip.
    All video footage submitted is for consideration only.

Please email : pr(at)fingalfilmfest.com your one page idea/outline with your contact details name and email plus mobile , also a link of your idea but this is not essential. We will contact short listed candidates only

Closing Date for applications is July 20th 2015

Talent Call Seeking Interesting Outgoing People

Want to take part in a television series? iDare Media Group seeking talent for a pilot programme in
    development.

Are you fed up watching weight loss programmes and are you
    happy with your own lifestyle and health?

We are looking for fun, outgoing people between the ages of 18-35 who are confident, outspoken and are up for a laugh. If this is you, send an image of yourself and tell us why you would like to take part by email, with your name and date of birth to pr(at)idaremedia.com

• Registered Users Posts: 28 celticwarrior8

Hi - Just to let you know that the Pop-Up School for Creative Arts, a brand new acting school in Kildare, is taking enrolments for our classes that start in September. Full information here: popupcreativearts.com or on Facebook: facebook.com/tpusfca

LEARN:

Confidence
    Performance skills
    Styles and approaches in theatre
    Discovering your voice
    Teamwork and ensemble skills
    Imagination and creating stories
    Working with scripts

For 4 - 18 Year Olds in Clane, Naas and surrounding areas!
    First class FREE! Family discounts!
    Facilitated by Rachel Lally (MA in Theatre, Actor, Model, TV Presenter)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 thePaulPower

Hey all,

So myself and a friend are creating a short film/online video under the working title Connected.It's our first piece of work together and we're trying to get it out for the Christmas holidays.

We're looking for 5 actors; 2 male, 3 female.

Shooting Schedule: 2 dates tbc with actors between the 30th Nov & the 6th Dec

Synopsis:
    Connected is the story of an expat returning home with the big news that his girlfriend is pregnant. While Claire has to stay back in Australia Peter decides to surprise the family when he gets home. Using the phone as the medium we want viewers to take the journey through the phone’s screen as if it were their own mobile interface, as if they are Peter using his phone.

Our intention is to capture the excitement of coming home and announcing a pregnancy. It is our intention to release the film online as a piece of social content, through vimeo, facebook, and youtube.

Please PM for further casting information. (I'm a new user so I can't post urls)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 galway music manager

Cameramen urgently needed for Christmas video with new original song.
    Paid 20 euros per hour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 captainhowdy79

Hi all

This is my first forum, EVER! so go easy on me lads.

I am wondering if anyone is interested zero budget film making, i have recently in between professions and i am just tinkering around with the idea of possibly doing this, i have no film qualifications to speak of and no point of where i should start, but why let that stop me , so if anyone out there is as frustrated as i am about having a go or even just chatting about something like this let me know.
    sure whats the to loose?.

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭AllWasWell

Hi everyone I am looking for a female actress to take part in an underwater shoot the evening of 22nd December in Dublin. Aged between 18 and 26, ideally with long black hair and slim build.
    NB** Must be a strong swimmer **
    Anyone interested please email info@tailoredfilms.ie with a recent picture and 'Swimmer' in subject line.
    Nominal fee for this, petrol expenses covered and food provided

• Registered Users Posts: 4 captainhowdy79

Hey im thinking of making a short for a competition and i am looking for someone who has some technical knowledge of editing or sound adding credits etc for the post production stage, its a non profit so there is no money involved, but if anyone would like more info or even like to give me some pointers or links so i can teach myself the basics (which i would really appreciate) please get in touch .

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭stedabee

Hi All,

I'm currently running and own a very well know aerial production businesses in Ireland. Due to demand and availability we are looking to add a new gimbal operator to the team. It's essential that this person has previous camera op experience with good knowledge of the film industry having worked on sets before. This person needs to be willing to travel all over Ireland and beyond usually with our team.

Seeing as it's a fairly new sector, we are aware that there isn't many camera op's with gimbal experience so it is not essential but is obviously preferred, however a full training programe will be organised before any shoot takes places

Contact can be made though pm on boards and from there we will send you our details, thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 TheGreatHuman

Hi all,

My name is Evan Heneghan and I am currently in pre production for Infinite Earths on an independent Irish movie called 'extinction'. It should be filming in early 2016 but I am desperately looking for a rural house for some of the scenes. If you have such a house, or know somebody who might, please contact me for more information.

Thanks a million,

Evan

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Oldblood

Hello, my name is Liam Lynch and I am the director of the short film, “Where We Last Met”, a project is being created as a part of my team’s Third Year Video Production Module as part of the Creative Digital Media Course at the Institute of Technology Tallaght. The film is a Short-Drama that looks at the fragile relationship between Robbie and his Mother, Brenda, as Robbie’s obsession over a girl named Lindsey results in conflict.

We will be holding auditions for our production on Friday the 4th of March in the Institute of Technology Tallaght (Old Blessington Rd, Dublin 24) from 3PM to 4PM.

We will be shooting on Friday the 18th of March 2016 from 9AM to 5PM. Cast and Crew will meet at the Institute of Technology Tallaght, and will then go to St Maelruain’s Parish Grounds, Tallaght, Old Bridge, Templogue and the Ballyboden area.

Unfortunately this will be an unpaid role but both actors will recieve a copy of the film for their showreel and transport to filming locations will also be provided.

The roles include:

Robbie(early 20s)
    Robbie is a scruffy young man in his early twenties who is obsessed with a girl named Lindsey, which worries his mother as he often fails to communicate with her when he is out. Minimum acting experience required.

Brenda (40 to 50)
    Robbie’s mother, a middle-aged woman who is worried about her son frequently spending time out of the house and coming home late. Minimum experience on stage or screen required.

If you are interested, you can contact me through PM

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Turquoise Hexagon Sun

Hi there,

Creative partner wanted to begin on current project but with the mind to work on future projects after.

I'm currently doing the 3rd draft of a script. It's a drama set in Dublin. I hope to direct it too. My goal is to shoot it in early September. It's a no-budget short.

I'm looking for a producer/collaborator to work on this project with me. What does this entail? Working closely with me on developing everything from the ground up. We will meet regularly and do all the paper work, source the actors, source the crew, source the locations and equipment, bouncing ideas off each other and fine tuning them.

About me:

I come from a photography background and have had relatively good success with it. However over the years I've dabbled in some film work as stills photographer (including a well-known feature), production assistant and some producing usually on short films but will still consider myself relatively inexperienced but quite intelligent and artistic and most of all ambitious. I enjoy the thrill of trying to get the most out of little or nothing when it comes to production techniques.

Being artistic, some times the drive and motivation is challenging when it comes to paperwork and all the nuances and important pre-production work needed. However, I know when I start this project I will enjoy it. This will be my first film. I know a first film might be ****e. Does it have to be? I want to challenge that. So I'm looking for a partner to help me from the start.

What can you get out of it? Maybe you are tired of taking the backseat. Maybe you have been on plenty of productions waiting for right time to helm your own project. You want to do it right though or are looking for a project you can actually believe in. Believing in the project genuinely, will give you so much of the motivation you need to see it through. But why get excited in "someone else's project or script?" I can't offer a reason other than it can offer you a chance to work on a project from the ground up. To share the responsibility and drive the passion for a quality production. It's an ambitious production but very do-able. I'm wiring this so we can work together as organically as possible even though it's a message on a message board. I'm looking for a creative partner for film. Maybe we will write something in future? OR maybe after this project we can work on your project?

I'm 30. I enjoy music and films with great passion. I'll list some films, TV and even music I enjoy to give you an idea of what I enjoy and you can see if we "click" or are compatible, creatively.

Films: Under The Skin, Taxi Driver, Goodfellas, Dead Man's Shoes, A Room For Romeo Brass, Terminator 1 & 2, Before Sunset, Gummo, Kids, Buffalo '66, Happiness, Withnail & I, Amelie, Switchblade Romance, Lost In Translation, Apocalypse Now + many more..

TV: The Wire, The Sopranos, Boardwalk Empire, Bloodline, Horace & Pete, Louie, The Office, Monty Python, Peep Show + many more..

Music: Aphex Twin, AIR, The Beatles, Kraftwerk, Depeche Mode, The Doors, Beastie Boys Reggae, Funk, Hip Hop, Classical, Electronic

Not all these films/music/ would be my exact "favourites" but they certainly are ones that have had a lasting and long effect on me.

I know this post might be a bit silly when it comes to listing off my music preferences and what not. But maybe something will "click" with one of you. Of course I'm not looking for someone with the exact same tastes, we need to challenge each other but it helps if we share the same vision when it comes to film.

Please send me a PM and we can take it from there.

Thanks for reading! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1 neonsheep

Hi All,

We re a new and very fast growing startup located in Dublin & Dusseldorf, we re looking for a student who may be interested to direct a short advert on a shoestring budget (2 mins max).

Need Shooting in Dublin & Zagreb, all travel costs will be paid. Script is already made, we just Need Shooting.

Anyone interested please let me know

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

I study sound engineering and have a movie production/editing module I do and have made short videos, documentaries.. how advanced is it? or just a case of shooting, editing, titles, etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 midiofnowhere

if anyone needs a soundtrack composed for their flick please PM me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Anoif1

*Ideally I can cover only costs of expenses*

I am seeking the assistance of camera-op and director (and lighting/sound) to help me to create an acting reel.

Seeking to form a creative relationship with the right crew

I will have some scenes ready to go, would be up for rehearsing a bit under a directors eye.

Let me know if you're interested and we can go from there

Fi

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭keevita

PAID: Hi folks, looking for a location manager for a short film shooting in Dublin on the 30/31March and 01/02 April (Easter Weekend). Please let me know if you are interested and I can send on more information. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 amyimsc

Looking for some actors for a no budget final year student short film.
    Title: Alibis
    Shooting date: Thursday 29th March 2018.

Alibis is a murder mystery, light-comedy film. The film follows three students, Joe, Anne and John, being interrogated by two Gardai following the death of University Sports star, Seamus MacGilhooly. As events unfold it becomes apparent that the students are innocent, but they are all connected to the killer without knowing it.

Character descriptions: Joe [Male] 18-22 years old: Joe is a confident, nerdy character. He's smart and he knows it. He dresses in suits and has a sense of self importance. He is often taunted by Seamus and his friends for his intelligence.

Anne [Female] 18-22 years old: Anne is a girly girl. She loves make-up and fashion and is always surrounded by her friends. She enjoys being the center of attention but following a recent break up with her boyfriend, Seamus she is trying to regain her confidence.

John [Male] 18-22 years old: John is a wannabe sports star. He spends his days in the University gym, trying to improve his skills in Basketball and Football. He is constantly trying to become better than Seamus.

Seamus MacGilhooly [Male] 18-22 years old: Seamus is the Ultimate Sports Star. Everyone loves him, he is popular and outgoing. He is murdered tragically in the changing rooms behind the University basketball court.

Barry [Male] 18-22 years old: Barry is someone that everyone knows. Although no one knows much about him. He is an average Joe.

Tom Wallace [Male] 40-50 years old: Tom Wallace is a well-seasoned employee of An Garda Síochána. He is head of the investigation of Seamus MacGilhoolys murder, but he's never had to handle a murder case before. He is fond of biscuits and tea.

James McKeogh [Male] 20-30 years old: James McKeogh is a new recruit to the Gardaí. He is trying hard to prove himself but is finding it hard with Garda Wallace as his partner in the investigation. He enjoys exercising in his spare time.

We are also looking for some female extras aged 18-22 for a short scene with Anne.

The project is unpaid as it is a student film however actors are welcome to use it as part of their showreel once complete. Reply if interested and include the part you are interested in playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Creative Frame

As part of a new partnership Sligo, Leitrim and Roscommon County Councils have come together with filmmakers from the three counties with a view to enabling the film sector here to grow and develop.

To support this, the three local authorities are offering a bursary to a filmmaker and writer to collaborate in the development of a new project. The purpose of the bursary is to encourage practitioners to work together, to learn from each other and to seed the development of new ideas that may be made into films in the future. Concepts for film projects in any context or genre will be considered.

To help shape these collaborations Creative Frame in partnership with SLR Film are hosting a panel discussion and workshop for writers and filmmakers based in the three counties in King House Boyle on Friday 27th April. The panel will consist of writers who have successfully worked in film and filmmakers who have collaborated with writers in the development of film projects. Ferdia MacAnna will chair the discussion with writers Brian Leyden and Eoin McNamee and film makers Marian Quinn and Linda Bhreathnach.

Ideally pairings between writers and film makers should be in place before the day as there will be an opportunity in the afternoon to discuss project ideas with the individual panel members, though singletons are welcome and may even find partners on the day! Both filmmakers and writers are invited to use the Creative Frame Forum to find a suitable partner for this project.

Who should attend?
    This informal and informative session is suitable for writers and film makers based in counties Leitrim, Sligo and Roscommon interested in applying for the SLR Film Collaboration Bursary 2018. A filmmaker may have a conventional film background or be a film artist with a background in visual arts. A writer may have a background in scriptwriting or may have a conventional background in literature and be coming to scriptwriting for the first time. Concepts for film projects can be in any context or genre.

About the Panel Members

Ferdia MacAnna is a novelist, screenwriter and TV producer/director. He has produced and directed many TV programmes including Don’t Feed the Gondolas, Upwardly Mobile and the BAFTA-winning Custer’s Last Stand Up. He has taught screenwriting, creative writing and scripting at various colleges including TCD and DCU. Eoin McNamee is the author of seventeen novels including Resurrection Man, The Ultras and the Blue Trilogy. He wrote the script for the film of his novel Resurrection Man and I Want You, directed by Michael Winterbottom. He has written for television and radio. The Blue Tango was nominated for the 2001 Man Booker Prize. Blue is the Night won the 2014 Kerry Fiction Prize. Linda Bhreathnach is an award winning writer, director and actress. In 2016 she was the winner of the prestigious Irish Screen America’s Rising Star Award for a short filmmaker for her film Adulting. In 2017 she directed Native which she adapted from a short story written by her sister. Brian Leyden is a novelist, short story writer, memoirist, playwright, screenwriter, librettist, and editor. He is the author of the bestselling memoir ‘The Home Place’ and co-writer of the feature film Black Ice. Marian Quinn was born in Chicago, directed the award-winning film 32A and has an OBIE award for her part in Mike Leigh’s Ecstasy. She lives with her husband and family in Leitrim, where she runs their Janey Pictures film production company

How to book a place?
    If you wish to attend this workshop contact Creative Frame

Venue
    The workshop will be held in King House, Boyle, County Roscommon on

Date Friday 27 April 2018
    Times 14.00 – 15.30 Panel discussion
    15.30 – 17:00 Break out discussions with panel members

The workshop is free but attendees must be members of Creative Frame.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 IrishFilmmaker

My name is Dillon and I am a partner in bescenemedia which is an Irish video production company.

We are a production company who have commissioned a short documentary. The Documentary requires youth aged 18 - 25 to participate in an interview process via Zoom.

The interview entails 10 simple light hearted questions and all participants will feature in the final product. The participation is voluntary and will not involve any payment but the casting call is open to all genders in the age category of any Nationality.

I am hoping to create this listing in the hopes of reaching many people.

This is a passion project of mine and as a film student I am requesting your help in either participating in interviews or by helping to spread the word.

Appreciate all help that can be offered and I can be reached at any time at 0877066223 for more info.

Thanks, Dillon.

Advertisement