Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Graduate Opportunities in Local Government 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 ver2

I found they started off with Personal Performance and Personal Effectiveness. So have loads of examples of how you overcame difficulty situations in the workplace. Also how your current boss would describe you and also how you would see yourself contributing to the role. How you would be an asset if employed..

They spent a while asking me about my CV and did ask me a bit about the council. What's its function is so know services, how it affects communities (maybe know about PPNs), how it generates revenue, employment. If your skill set is marketing then know about LEOs.
    If possible be familiar with the 2014 local gov reform policy and how it abolished city councils and changed the structure streamlining it etc
    To be honest I didn't get the chance to talk about the policy but know what it is in case they ask you. Just basic points..

They don't expect you to have answers learnt off and I think if you do then they will interrupt you. They throw lots of things at you but they are nice and want you to show off your strengths. It is about 50 minutes long but it will fly. Don't worry you got this far and it will be fine.

I only had one skillset so found it long but if you have more than the time will go even quicker.

Best of luck!

The interviewers were nice,I think it went well.Thanks for the advice.I meant to ask them when we should expect to hear the results?Does anyone know if there is a next stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭tgdaly

Looking at the calendar I'd imagine results probably won't be any earlier than the week starting Monday 23rd, considering Easter will probably delay things a bit and it's bound to be a few weeks anyways. I don't think there is another stage after this but I could be wrong?

I'd my interview on Tuesday. I found it was a bit intense, lasted around 40 mins for myself. It was tough but I was able to answer all questions asked and think I think I gave some good examples etc so fingers crossed.

I think the last of the interviews were yesterday so good look to everybody with the results! Plenty of positions available thankfully so hopefully everybody here is lucky enough to get offered something. Either way hopefully we find out soon because it has been going on a long time!

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Sharon2017

tgdaly wrote: »
    Looking at the calendar I'd imagine results probably won't be any earlier than the week starting Monday 23rd, considering Easter will probably delay things a bit and it's bound to be a few weeks anyways. I don't think there is another stage after this but I could be wrong?

I'd my interview on Tuesday. I found it was a bit intense, lasted around 40 mins for myself. It was tough but I was able to answer all questions asked and think I think I gave some good examples etc so fingers crossed.

I think the last of the interviews were yesterday so good look to everybody with the results! Plenty of positions available thankfully so hopefully everybody here is lucky enough to get offered something. Either way hopefully we find out soon because it has been going on a long time!

PAS confirmed it was the final stage. And mid-April is the date being anticipated by them also so I really hope its not any later. It was fairly intense alright. I'm just hoping I passed at least one of the skill areas enough to land an offer!

All interviews must be done and dusted now. Tick tock PAS! Would be good to get news on this soon even with the mid-April time-frame floating around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 gpxmurphy

Yeah, my imterview feels like it was a lifetime ago!! It was the 23rd of Feb! Just put me out if my misery!
    Sharon2017 wrote: »
    All interviews must be done and dusted now. Tick tock PAS! Would be good to get news on this soon even with the mid-April time-frame floating around.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Phoebeleft

Anybody else get this slightly obscure message by email from pas today? I didn't update anything as far as I know...

"You have successfully updated & submitted your application for the position
    of Graduate Opportunities in Local Government"

yeah I got that too.Strange, I didn't update anything either...

yeah I got that too.Strange, I didn't update anything either...
    Maybe it means news is forthcoming :)

Phoebeleft wrote: »
    Maybe it means news is forthcoming :)

I got nothing of the sort! Should I be worried? Haha who knows! It must mean they’re updating things on people’s files. Fingers crossed for news this week

• Advertisement

Sharon2017 wrote: »
    I got nothing of the sort! Should I be worried? Haha who knows! It must mean they’re updating things on people’s files. Fingers crossed for news this week

Or we have been updated right off the list ;) who knows?! Yep fingers crossed for this week... its been epic

Check your message boards!!!

they've posted whether we've passed and what overall OOM is with results in different skill areas to come in the coming days!

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Mac0783

I put down multiple regions Border/West and Eastern / Midland but i only got a result for Easter / Midland. Did anyone else get something for Border west?

Mac0783 wrote: »
    I put down multiple regions Border/West and Eastern / Midland but i only got a result for Easter / Midland. Did anyone else get something for Border west?

I've just got an email with the second region result

• Registered Users Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Jimbob1977

Got my result!

• Registered Users Posts: 38 neilie22

Nothing in my messages yet...anyone else still waiting?

My result for my second region came though just now.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 neilie22

neilie22 wrote: »
    Nothing in my messages yet...anyone else still waiting?

...it arrived!

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭redmosquito85

What would be considered a good order of merit score in a region, I only selected border and western

• Advertisement

It's hard to know, there are so many Counties and it's impossible to know how many jobs are available.

True, I'd say my OOM may be just a little high for my region but still hoping something might come of it

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭tgdaly

Got my result too. Oom was 95 on Eastern and Midlands region. Think I'll be touch and go for a position if it was 150 jobs nationwide?

Just another question, does everybody get a placing on the order of merit. I see they "offer you our congratulations on being placed on the order of merit" but thought everyone who interviewed would make OOM?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 lukiluc

Hi all, congratulations and comiserations where applicable. I got a good placing on the OOM... any idea as to what happens next- is there a timeframe for recruitment?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 gpxmurphy

Just another question, does everybody get a placing on the order of merit. I see they "offer you our congratulations on being placed on the order of merit" but thought everyone who interviewed would make OOM?

No I was just told I didnt meet the qualifying standard so no oom for me

If anyone finds out more from PAS feel free to post. I have no idea if I will get an offer or not!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

13th in order of merit. Lucky 13 it seems!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 9Reeds

Congradulations the Voodoo I would say your well in with number 13. I got 72 southern. Hopefully the region has enough jobs for first round. I assume the pannel is 2 years like most ones.
    Got another email a minute ago getting 119 in eastern and Midlands so it does seem you can get more than one region

Considering that earlier on in the forums we found out their were 150 nationwide. Not holding out on getting eastern.

• Advertisement

9Reeds wrote: »
    Congradulations the Voodoo I would say your well in with number 13. I got 72 southern. Hopefully the region has enough jobs for first round. I assume the pannel is 2 years like most ones.
    Got another email a minute ago getting 119 in eastern and Midlands so it does seem you can get more than one region

Considering that earlier on in the forums we found out their were 150 nationwide. Not holding out on getting eastern.

I'd say there could be more jobs in Dublin though than anywhere else. Also a lot of people might NOT want to work in dublin, thus will reject an offer, effectively reducing your OOM. By the way its my understanding from PAS that there is an end of May start-date in mind and everyone starting together. So it doesn't seem it will be like other campaigns where you could get an offer with 2 years etc.

Advertisement