Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Grand National 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

Went with Mall Dini but the ground a serious concern looks brutal

• Registered Users Posts: 16,453 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Jockey's were totally asleep there, gifted Un De Sceaux lengths at the start.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,130 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Good to see Davy and Dr. Pheonix were OK. Could have made a fantastic finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭finglashoop

Thunder & roses
    Outlander for me.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Auroras_encore

Carnage :/ a really poor advertising for jump racing

• Advertisement

Forever gold at 50 will do for me

Unlucky but nice place money

• Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Awful RTE commentary.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

How is that man still employed as a commentator?

Whip ban for the winner I'd imagine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

Awful RTE commentary.

woeful.. handn't a clue who was still standing. sounded like he needed a glass of water on one stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Happy4all wrote: »
    woeful.. handn't a clue who was still standing. sounded like he needed a glass of water on one stage.

I follow the racing post app when watching rte racing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭gazza1

Folsom Blue surely robbed there. Taken out of it at the last and finished like a train

• Registered Users Posts: 14,839 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Who were 5th and 6th lads?

Folsom, Arkwrisht

• Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Leo never misses an opportunity to be in a photo.

Leo never misses an opportunity to be in a photo.

Taoiseach is there every single year to present prize.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

ShaneU wrote: »
    Who were 5th and 6th lads?

Lord scoundrel 5th

Stheno wrote: »
    Lord scoundrel 5th

He was out the back of the Telly wasn’t placed

Stheno wrote: »
    Lord scoundrel 5th

Folsom Blue 5th 11-1

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

BumperD wrote: »
    He was out the back of the Telly wasn’t placed

Sorry read the results wrong

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

Very big performance from Bellshill there off 158 and 11-5.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭byronbay2

Sickener for anyone who backed Folsom Blue there. Coming to win the race but brought to a standstill by the Bellshill/Arkwhist schemozzle, beaten by 1.5 lengths. Still, e/w punters will make a few quid.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,328 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

byronbay2 wrote: »
    Sickener for anyone who backed Folsom Blue there. Coming to win the race but brought to a standstill by the Bellshill/Arkwhist schemozzle, beaten by 1.5 lengths. Still, e/w punters will make a few quid.

Folsom Blue promoted to 4th and Bellshill demoted...presuming most bookies going five or six places anyway so should only matter on exchanges.

Collie D wrote: »
    Folsom Blue promoted to 4th and Bellshill demoted...presuming most bookies going five or six places anyway so should only matter on exchanges.

And the pot, that would be a sore one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭ANDREWMUFC

Who’s the commentator on RTE? He’s so bad

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Well im just leaving fairyhouse now and the visibility is diabolical and while im not his biggest fan, and obviously didnt hear his commentary, i would say most of the crowd didnt know what horse was involved over the far side of the track or near the finish of the national either because the jockeys were covered in muck

Well im just leaving fairyhouse now and the visibility is diabolical and while im not his biggest fan, and obviously didnt hear his commentary, i would say most of the crowd didnt know what horse was involved over the far side of the track or near the finish of the national either because the jockeys were covered in muck
    agreed the race was absolute carnage with poor visibility and a sea of maroon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭piplip87

Was looking at the trainers championship and no matter the result, Mullins still is by far the best trainer with a winning strike rate of 33%. Elliotts strike rate is abysmal at just 18%. I suppose if you win 70 egg and spoon races at 10k each it makes the difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭finglashoop

piplip87 wrote: »
    Was looking at the trainers championship and no matter the result, Mullins still is by far the best trainer with a winning strike rate of 33%. Elliotts strike rate is abysmal at just 5%. I suppose if you win 70 egg and spoon races at 10k each it makes the difference.

But but you still have to prepare 70 winners. And all the losers too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭show me the money.1

I fancy isleofhopendreams to be at least placed in this 20/1 and 6 places with Paddy Power.

Well flip it anyway nearly got up

Advertisement