Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aliexpress Bargains CHAT thread [See MOD note #1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

The power bank i ordered for 90 cent finally arrived.
    You actually have to put your own Duracell into it lmfao

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭the goon

Just got two orders I placed on 10th of Feb

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

the goon wrote: »
    Just got two orders I placed on 10th of Feb

Which year ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

• Advertisement

duridian wrote: »
    Looks very like a Telstar I had back in 1978.

I got something similar free with persil automatic

• Registered Users Posts: 12,476 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

duridian wrote: »
    Looks very like a Telstar I had back in 1978.

Lol same here bought it in Woolworths around 1980 and it played The Yellow Rose of Texas :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,186 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Just a reminder to order your sunglasses now if you want them for that 1 week in July when it's sunny.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,923 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Oat23 wrote: »
    Just a reminder to order your sunglasses now if you want them for that 1 week in July when it's sunny.

Any suggestions on brands/sellers ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,963 ✭✭✭Doge

GBX wrote: »
    Any suggestions on brands/sellers ?

Veithdia seems to be the most popular one people go for on boards for mens polarized sunglasses:

https://veithdia.aliexpress.com/store/223089?spm=2114.10010108.100005.2.522a1b179qQHiP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 Pyrrhic7

Hi guys.

I am very sorry about cross posting but I have been scammed by a seller on Alex press.

I made a thread in consumer issues: https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057863647/1/#post106765670

Please god can you help me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭corkie

Pyrrhic7 wrote: »
    Hi guys.

I am very sorry about cross posting but I have been scammed by a seller on Alex press.

I made a thread in consumer issues: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057863647

You should have named the seller, and provide link to the phone bought?

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

Hi guys.

I made a thread in consumer issues: https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057863647/1/#post106765670

Dude I'm not sure of your income levels but 180 bucks doesn't sound all that bad.

Lesson learned. Move on and take something from this.(I wouldn't dream of buying phones from Ali. Just small nick nacks and t-shirts etc. I use Amazon for phones as you have a lot of comeback)

I read your post in the other forum and it seems strange that Ali sided with the seller cause they normally give money back at the drop of a hat.

Life is going to throw a lot of **** at you. You can either start bitching and whining or you can man up and just move on.

Got 3 orders I ordered on the same day about 2 weeks ago, all from different sellers.

Amazing they arrived so fast and on the same day.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Pyrrhic7

Asus X540L wrote: »
    Hi guys.

Dude I'm not sure of your income levels but 180 bucks doesn't sound all that bad.

Lesson learned. Move on and take something from this.(I wouldn't dream of buying phones from Ali. Just small nick nacks and t-shirts etc. I use Amazon for phones as you have a lot of comeback)

I read your post in the other forum and it seems strange that Ali sided with the seller cause they normally give money back at the drop of a hat.

Life is going to throw a lot of **** at you. You can either start bitching and whining or you can man up and just move on.

180 bucks, is actually over €205 including the postage I paid for the phone. My income is completely irrelevant and trivial.

I have bought multiple items and phones before from Ali Express with absolutely no issues ever, until now.

Next time you buy a faulty item, have an incorrect decision go against you and you are also then scammed returning and paying for postage... I hope another father figure like yourself comes along and gives you sound advice like 'quit bitching, whining and man up. " :D

Next time you buy a faulty item, have an incorrect decision go against you and you are also then scammed returning and paying for postage... I hope another father figure like yourself comes along and gives you sound advice like 'quit bitching, whining and man up. " :D

I hope so too tbh

Who is the seller?
    What model phone?

180 bucks, is actually over €205 including the postage I paid for the phone. My income is completely irrelevant and trivial.

I have bought multiple items and phones before from Ali Express with absolutely no issues ever, until now.

This is all seems fishy. Have you been claiming for "faulty" phones a lot cause as I said Ali should give you your money back at the drop off a hat. Or did you break it yourself by trying to flash it.
    I'm probably wrong here but I'd say you're up to something

@Pyrrhic7 I have replied on your other thread ... did you make a balls of the play store installation?

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=106769951#post106769951

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

Ordered a package on the 20th of April and it arrived today. Quickest it's been in a while. The postage stamp is from Tonga of all places though!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,759 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Ordered a phone cover April 29th and it got here today, the phone I also ordered the same day and it arrived in Ireland Friday, here's hoping it gets straight to me and avoids C&E

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

Tried to buy an Amazfit 2 smartwatch from a store that shipped from Spain to Parcelmotel and they refused as the address was.not mainland U.K. so waiting for a refund to come through. Question is if anyone has bought one of these that shippped quickly to Ireland and didn’t end up taking 3 months from China?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Tried to buy an Amazfit 2 smartwatch from a store that shipped from Spain to Parcelmotel and they refused as the address was.not mainland U.K. so waiting for a refund to come through. Question is if anyone has bought one of these that shippped quickly to Ireland and didn’t end up taking 3 months from China?

Try Address Pal, it has a mainland UK address.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,021 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

I had 3 orders delivered yesterday that I ordered on the 27th April, yet I still have older ordered that haven't arrived yet. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

Tried to buy an Amazfit 2 smartwatch from a store that shipped from Spain to Parcelmotel and they refused as the address was.not mainland U.K. so waiting for a refund to come through. Question is if anyone has bought one of these that shippped quickly to Ireland and didn't end up taking 3 months from China?

I know they are the devil but you could get it from GearBest with priority line shipping.
    I've never had any customs applied as GB say they take care of that with the shipping company. Not sure the details but the items are delivered by An Post and you get an An Post tracking number. Delivery time is normally about 2 weeks.
    The English version of the Amazfit 2 delivered with priority line is €204.16 Not sure how that compares with what you paid.
    SJWqYQV.png

• Registered Users Posts: 4 hidid

You can order directly from their global website us.amazfit.com/shop
    If you use this promo code ''WELCOME'' and US Mail, it will cost you $204.99.

Just ordered a nice pair of Trump shirts

Screenshot_20180517_165557.png

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Asus X540L wrote: »
    Just ordered a nice pair of Trump shirts

Grand for dusting with

d31b0y wrote: »
    I know they are the devil but you could get it from GearBest with priority line shipping.
    I've never had any customs applied as GB say they take care of that with the shipping company. Not sure the details but the items are delivered by An Post and you get an An Post tracking number. Delivery time is normally about 2 weeks.
    The English version of the Amazfit 2 delivered with priority line is €204.16 Not sure how that compares with what you paid.
    SJWqYQV.png

I paid €145 delivered from Spain to Parcelmotel shame it they won’t ship from Spain to Ireland

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,759 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

slave1 wrote: »
    Ordered a phone cover April 29th and it got here today, the phone I also ordered the same day and it arrived in Ireland Friday, here's hoping it gets straight to me and avoids C&E

Balls, got C&E notice in the post today, previously bought 4 phones from Ali so not a bad hit rate I suppose....

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

Advertisement