Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aliexpress Bargains CHAT thread [See MOD note #1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭loki7777

Same here, two phones orders waiting in limbo after reaching Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

Most of my orders (all before 11.11) are not even in the country yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭JustMac

Same here on a 11/11 order.
    Waiting on a phone and a phone cover.
    Don't see anything relating to customs. It apparently arrived into the country last Friday but doesn't appear to have moved since. I expect that it cannot be tracked on AnPost and I doubt that the status will change until it is delivered.

Shipment with local shipping company

2017-12-01 16:34:00 [GMT+8]

Arrived at destination country

2017-12-01 16:34:00

Departed country of origin

2017-11-15 22:00:00 [GMT+8]

Shipment accepted by airline

2017-11-15 16:39:12 [GMT+8]

Shipment left country of origin warehouse

2017-11-15 16:39:12 [GMT+8]

Shipment at country of origin warehouse

2017-11-15 13:14:40 [GMT+8]

Shipment dispatched

2017-11-14 17:04:38 [GMT+8]

Waiting for pick up

2017-11-13 09:32:24 [GMT+8]

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Ordered stuff from another site and have the same issues with it being stuck in a sorting centre somewhere in Ireland.
    We went through the same crap before with An Post,they simply relegate the post from China to the "sure whenever we get to it pile".

• Registered Users Posts: 12,161 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Ordered stuff from another site and have the same issues with it being stuck in a sorting centre somewhere in Ireland.
    We went through the same crap before with An Post,they simply relegate the post from China to the "sure whenever we get to it pile".

What do you think they should do?
    Take on extra people to sort when they are getting paid next to nothing for it?

• Advertisement

blade1 wrote: »
    What do you think they should do?
    Take on extra people to sort when they are getting paid next to nothing for it?

Nah,it was the same situation before. The official line was "the Xmas rush" but I know staff who told me that anything from China was given zero priority and left until last.
    It's all our fault for wanting cheap stuff.
    Anyhow,let's not drag the thread off topic too much.

Nah,it was the same situation before. The official line was "the Xmas rush" but I know staff who told me that anything from China was given zero priority and left until last.
    So what would you suggest to solve it?
    Did I see somewhere they were predicting losses of 30m for 2017.
    So I'd assume they'd be losing more if they had to pay people to sort all the free post stuff from China.
    If I send a registered letter to anyone in Ireland it costs around €7.
    Why should stuff that half the country hasn't paid postage on get similar priority to me?
    I know its annoying waiting but unfortunately I don't see a viable solution unless you have one yourself?
    I don't want to drag the thread off topic either but I feel the post you wrote started heading it that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,222 ✭✭✭corkie

I checked the rules. before starting this discussion.
    TheDriver wrote: »
    This thread is for chat about products, postage etc. If you have a bargain to post, please use .....

If it was some cheap crap item, I ordered, I would be glad to receive when ever it arrived. But the Item was a 11/11 deal (kind of a present to myself). And looking forward to trying it out and make sure it actually matches the description.

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

Has anyone ever bought a gaming headset from Ali? (PS4). Wireless would be preferred but I'd take wired if it had decent sound quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

corkie wrote: »
    11/11 Oders - Delays through Customs <-- Just hope that is the case.

Did anyone get there 11/11 orders yet?

Mine arrived in to the country late Sunday evening and has the following in aliexpress tracking.

Arrived in destination country; awaiting customs clearance

I'm just hoping that there is just a backlog in customs and that I won't get a snail mail requesting proof of purchase (or something similar).

The Tracking code (RB390742214SG) is yet to be activate on the An Post tracking site.

So are others still waiting on there purchases as well?

Tracking on your package says it left singapore on the 1st and arrived in Ireland on the 3'd, I'd call bull on that one, anytime I've had something come via SG post it's more or less the same as the usual Chinese time's, and that's without any normal delay's.

Anything I purchased on 11:11 hasn't arrived of yet but tbh I wouldn't be surprised if they arrive in January given the volumes at this time of the year

• Advertisement

5500 wrote: »
    Tracking on your package says it left singapore on the 1st and arrived in Ireland on the 3'd, I'd call bull on that one, anytime I've had something come via SG post it's more or less the same as the usual Chinese time's, and that's without any normal delay's.

Anything I purchased on 11:11 hasn't arrived of yet but tbh I wouldn't be surprised if they arrive in January given the volumes at this time of the year

It left china on 25th, departed transit location on 1st. Plus the dates on ali express tracking where reporting things happening a day in advance. In actuality it left the transit country on Thursday 30th. Or i got the report for the 1st on the Thursday. Strange 17 track has only reporting two events for it. https://global.cainiao.com/ gives more info, but not as detailed as Ali site tracker. How can trackers report something arriving if it has not happened yet?

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

The tracking updates on Ali need to be taken with a huge pinch of salt, on the other postage thread people have complained before about their items being in Ireland despite being sent untracked only a few day's earlier, sure some of the item's I bought on 11:11 were only posted on the 25th!

That's not to say anpost havent held onto item's before, but for the most part of it the tracking showing item's in Ireland within a few day's isnt true.

Here's an example from one of my own 11:11 order's on Ali that's showing on their tracking

Destination country arrive with local shipping company

2017-11-21 09:43:50 [GMT+8]

Departed country of origin

2017-11-16 15:12:17 [GMT+8]

Shipment accepted by airline

2017-11-15 10:06:35 [GMT+8]

Shipment left country of origin warehouse

2017-11-12 00:43:44 [GMT+8]

Shipment at country of origin warehouse

2017-11-11 20:53:34 [GMT+8]

Shipment at country of origin distribution center

2017-11-11 18:46:19 [GMT+8]

it's a €4 item sent with only domestic chinese tracking, so for starters wont even be scanned in Ireland, but yet the tracking claims it's here with anpost 5 day's after being sent. I don't know why it lie's but it does it a lot. Also for the transit, I've found that a lot of time's that's the item transferring from city to city in China before actually leaving. I've a couple of item's sent epacket at the moment and all show transit stations as various citys, they seem to finally depart China when they eventually get to Guangzhou which looks to be the international mail export centre

Ordered 2cases for oneplus 5t phone nearly 2 weeks.
    Got tracking number last week which said item shipped.
    Received email this morning saying there is a delay because moulds for oneplus 5t cases have not yet been made.

That's how truthful the Chinese tracking is.

blade1 wrote: »
    Ordered 2cases for oneplus 5t phone nearly 2 weeks.
    Got tracking number last week which said item shipped.
    Received email this morning saying there is a delay because moulds for oneplus 5t cases have not yet been made.

That's how truthful the Chinese tracking is.

Yes it is well know that some sellers give false tracking no's/details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭eeguy

corkie wrote: »
    Yes it is well know that some sellers give false tracking no's/details.

A seller gave me a DHL tracking number that clearly wasn't a DHL tracking number. Swore that it had shipped. Sure enough, then number changed to a Fedex tracking number 2 weeks later.
    AFAIK the sellers don't look after shipping. They outsource to other companies who liaise with couriers and China Post.

I wouldn't give a seconds thought to tracking. You should factor in that shipping takes 4 to 5 weeks average from China.
    It arrives when it arrives:P

Yeah!!!!! 11/11 Order arrived this morning! :)

Five and half weeks delivery time, not bad for this time of year.

Product: - QCY Q29 Pro

Early testing and they are comfortable to use, good volume range.

The product description says they support AptX, but they don't.
    Sorry to anyone else who ordered from the same link. Expecting AptX

Maybe because they shipped the Pro version. Bluetooth 4.2!

I had no problem getting them to pair (and to each other). Watched enough youtube videos about them while waiting for delivery.

Happy €21.44 Purchase.

They are back up to €50+ on aliexpress at present, but check in the after holidays sales. Also seen them reduced on Gearbest at times.

Edit: - Battery Life

Earbuds take approx 20 minutes to charge and will give 2 hours of continuous stereo music playback.

It will be hard to test the charging case, no indicators on the case for battery level. So no way to tell when it is completely drained and how long it takes to charge (or hard to know many times you can charge the buds with it).

Edit 2:- Charging case battery

Charging case will only partially charge earpieces to about 75%. Only got an hour and half use from them, charging case only. Maybe I hadn't fully charged the case today.

As I use them in stereo mode, the right earpiece probably drains faster than the left. (Been used to communicate with other ear). So my usage is based on that. (When the right switch off with battery drain so does the left).

The advertise "The box provides an additional 12 hours of battery life for a single ear" is no way accurate, based on my initial testing.

Anyone else get there 11/11 orders?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,921 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Ive kept away from Ali for a while. Between my bank balance and the postman getting a pain in his arse delivering :pac:
    New year - new orders incoming! :D

Very quite thread!

Mini Wireless Earphone in ear Bluetooth Earpiece S530 Hands free Earphones Blutooth Stereo Auriculares Earbuds Headset for phone

€ 2,35 / piece Discount Price: € 1,67 / piece

Bluetooth-Headset-Mini-S530-Black-11570668-700x700.jpg
    ^^^^ Image not the exact same version as in link.

Already have one of these, but ordered another one as the charging cable is showing it's wires.

Still getting great value from my QCY Q29 Pro, used when I want stereo sound. S530 is good for wearing when you also need background sound (i.e. Driving).

Chinese New Year Holidays, should be now over so no delays in shipping.

I hate false tracking info for a Battery for my phone that I ordered. No way the Item is in the country yet. Another 2-3 weeks waiting with no clue of expected date. Also shipped from China, not Belgium as 17 says.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Thegalwayman

bought some instax film 100 costing about 55euro. Stopped at customs and owe yet to be determined tax and 10euro to anpost as well. Hadn't realised that the limit was 22euro before. I should've ordered in 3 batches. Lesson learned

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kat1170

bought some instax film 100 costing about 55euro. Stopped at customs and owe yet to be determined tax and 10euro to anpost as well. Hadn't realised that the limit was 22euro before. I should've ordered in 3 batches. Lesson learned

Thread about VAT Duty etc. HERE

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭ImARebel

I've pretty much given up on Ali unfortunately. an post aren't delivering the smaller items I'm ordering. Ordered something in Dec still no sign... Got November's stuff last week.

An post dumped everything into a container at Dublin port. They are only going through it now. Things are starting to arrive

Not worth the wait anymore... :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,669 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

ImARebel wrote: »
    I've pretty much given up on Ali unfortunately. an post aren't delivering the smaller items I'm ordering. Ordered something in Dec still no sign... Got November's stuff last week.

An post dumped everything into a container at Dublin port. They are only going through it now. Things are starting to arrive

You should boycott An Post too, and let them know why.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,935 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

I haven't noticed any slow down in delivery for crap I've ordered, still around the 6 week to 2 month mark.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭ImARebel

McGaggs wrote: »
    You should boycott An Post too, and let them know why.

I should but I used to only buy crappy old bits usually less than a fiver, wouldn't be bothered with paying parcel Wizard for those. So now I just don't bother...pity unused to enjoy my little purchases and they didn't break the bank

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Fanny Wank

Average wait for me (after dispatch) is less than 3 weeks I'd say.

Buy a bit of the knock-off Lego stuff for my son - the military stuff. Tanks etc. Average order size is somewhere between 20 & 25 euro I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,414 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

ImARebel wrote: »

I ordered phone cover at start of Dec but no sign yet. Plenty of others things arrived. Seller being annoying saying wait,it takes a while but 80 days is enough. Ali can decide on that dispute

TheDriver wrote: »
    I ordered phone cover at start of Dec but no sign yet. Plenty of others things arrived. Seller being annoying saying wait,it takes a while but 80 days is enough. Ali can decide on that dispute

You can bet it's still in a corner of some An Post depot. They get paid a minimum if anything at all for stuff from China so just leave it in the "sure we'll get around to it" pile. This comes from talking to employees so it's not just hearsay.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭crasy dash

Ordered a cheap flashlight last month on Ali arrived last Thursday I couldn't believe how quick it was.

Thanks to Suckit in the other thread I have ordered a good few bits on the likes of Zapal Gamiss and they all seem to arrive within 4-5 weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭bduffy

Fanny **** wrote: »
    Average wait for me (after dispatch) is less than 3 weeks I'd say.

Buy a bit of the knock-off Lego stuff for my son - the military stuff. Tanks etc. Average order size is somewhere between 20 & 25 euro I'd say.

Ordered a large Lepin Lego set (3,000 pieces), paid extra €2 for registered Chinese delivery and it was here in 5 days......fastest ever.....very impressed!

Advertisement