Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheltenham 2018 - Day 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭bludcrazetiger

Slattsy wrote: »
    I can barely type. Still full of Scotch. Not writing up I'll just give my fancies.

Farclas. Have to take the favourite on!

Brelade each way. Didn't really get home last year but I'll give him another chance.

Santini. Big ap fancy of mine.

Might Bite. Have him ap but not one bit happy with it. Ground concerns.
    Outlander also backed ap at 50s ew so hoping he can sneak a place. But I think Kilultagh Vic wins.

The Foxhunters can **** off!

Early Doors. On at 20s. Here's hoping.

Not sure about the last one yet. I'll wait until I get a few scoops in me and read the Racing Post!

Good luck.

great start, well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,940 ✭✭✭circadian

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »
    Just in the bookies, just seen a big bet put on the 4.10 race "On the Fringe" @14/1, €500 :eek:

Think i'm going to follow with a small e/w now myself

That's some bet. Old horse in poor form. Pulled up in 2 of the last 3 races.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

What's the record number of winners at a meeting for a trainer?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭80s Child

Booms all round!

Jesus Slattsy, if you're riding later on, ya better wrap it up, because you're dangerously accurate at the minute!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

circadian wrote: »
    That's some bet. Old horse in poor form. Pulled up in 2 of the last 3 races.

I text my friend(who works in a bookies) and he said something along the same lines as above, but did say his seen a few bets on him this morning nearly all e/w

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

80s Child wrote: »
    Jesus Slattsy, if you're riding later on, ya better wrap it up, because you're dangerously accurate at the minute!!

Ha ha just don't tell the wife!

I just couldn't have Apples or Stormy in million years. Was between the first and second and tbh, no skill involved, just went with Kennedy who's riding the socks off horses this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Got two places, I'll take that

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Auroras_encore

Disappointing though whisky sour was coming to win it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,940 ✭✭✭circadian

More accumulators destroyed! Today is full of surprises. Still up thanks to aidankk and his longshot thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

They're all crying in the interviews on Channel 4.

I'm crying meself, but for a different reason :p

• Advertisement

Sandsend put down, sad news

• Registered Users Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭redarmy

They're all crying in the interviews on Channel 4.

I'm crying meself, but for a different reason :p

Countdown is not that bad

Went back to see what happened cos looked like Walsh just fell off. Saw what happened to the horse. Feel sick looking at it, looked awful

Quiet around here after that!

Thought Santini ran well on ground that didn't suit. Probably not a great ride having a horse that stays so well out the back like that lol, but that's the risk with NDB.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Mad_Dave

So much for Happy Santini Day ! Foxrock/North Hill Harvey now my last chance for a big score today, fingers crossed :)
    e/w on Road to Respect in the next.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 ItsGoosey

Finally managed something for the week with Whiskey Sour and Ballyward E/W double. Not even yet but at least it's a bit!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

As a long term Native River fan must say i'm alarmed at the prospect of him racing too handy over 3m 2f. Hopefully Johnson doesnt set him too alight early.
    Can see Road to Respect travelling into it late on and being there in the finish.

Money for Outlander. The dream is alive!

Quiet around here after that!

Thought Santini ran well on ground that didn't suit. Probably not a great ride having a horse that stays so well out the back like that lol, but that's the risk with NDB.

Finished strong considering how far back he was, just wasn't enough.

Moving on, come on Road to Respect

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭WickIow Brave

Added Djakadam e/w here. Ground gone against poor aul Might Bite :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

Added Djakadam e/w here. Ground gone against poor aul Might Bite :(

A lot being made of the ground. I don't think he'll mind it to much. Maybe a combination of trip and ground but I think if he behaves he is a long way clear of the rest.

If Our Duke wins this I'm giving up racing and buying a wind farm in Tipperary.

If Our Duke wins this I'm giving up racing and buying a wind farm in Tipperary.

Haha if he wins from how he has jumped so far you'll be going well. Jumping stink

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Auroras_encore

Might bite is good but finds nothing, sizing John is still the top 3m chaser

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Tough and genuine, everything a racehorse should be. Delighted for Native River.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,873 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Mite Bite was in a rhythm, travelling ok. Should have left him alone, once shaking up he lost all rhythm.

Well in anyone that backed NR.

Wasn't on my radar at all. MB outstayed.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Might Bite is a top class horse, was just outstayed on bad ground by a dour stayer. No shame in it.

Might bite is good but finds nothing, sizing John is still the top 3m chaser

Hard to find an awful lot in that ground.
    It was an absolutely exceptional ride by Dicky. Set perfect fractions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Ah cant be too hard on Might Bite in those circumstances, outbattled by a warrior, no shame in it.

Advertisement