Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheltenham 2018 - Day 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

And the Tizzards are good people. Happy for them.

Road to Respect ran well. Edwulf too, was actually travelling like a winner four out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

Our Duke jumped absolutely shocking. Thats twice now in 2 big field grade 1s on bad ground he has jumped poorly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭WickIow Brave

Poor aul Might Bite :( No complaints though.

Winner looks remarkably fresh and perky for a horse thats just been in a war. Wont happen but would love to see him go for the National.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,275 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Great race, glad the best horses came to the fore.

On better ground I think MB wins.
    On that ground NR wasn't for stopping today.

Great ride by Dickie, eased off at the right times to leave something for the hill.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭piplip87

Our Duke, Kiltuagh Vic very poor nowhere near the standard.

Fawning over Richard Johnson now on ITV. In don't see it. Dodges so many big meetings to run in Egg and Spoon races in Wincantion in July. The De Sousa of jumps racing.

piplip87 wrote: »
    Our Duke, Kiltuagh Vic very poor nowhere near the standard.

Fawning over Richard Johnson now on ITV. In don't see it. Dodges so many big meetings to run in Egg and Spoon races in Wincantion in July. The De Sousa of jumps racing.

He has a lot of critics alright, but must say I like Dickie as a jockey well enough myself. I doubt he's ecstatic himself at missing out on some of the top meetings, but he's probably just going where the chance of riding winners happens to be. Amazing there isn't a better job for him in england, but are the horses there right now anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Wonderful Charm surely too big here at 8s

He has a lot of critics alright, but must say I like Dickie as a jockey well enough myself. I doubt he's ecstatic himself at missing out on some of the top meetings, but he's probably just going where the chance of riding winners happens to be. Amazing there isn't a better job for him in england, but are the horses there right now anyway?

I think he is a good Jockey, The fawning about being champion jockey I don't get. He rides poor horses in poor races to get his numbers up exactly what de Sousa does on the flat.

• Advertisement

Unioniste has the right sort of credentials here I think. Burning Ambition looks the worst price of the week to me anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Have just discovered something called 'each way extra' 6pl available on the last 3 races, and all 1/4 odds.
    ah had I have discovered that a few hours earlier....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

Have just discovered something called 'each way extra' 6pl available on the last 3 races, and all 1/4 odds.
    ah had I have discovered that a few hours earlier....

Yip discovered this Tuesday, they dont pay SP though if you take a lower price and it drifts

• Registered Users Posts: 16,452 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Ridiculous to have a go at Johnson. He rides for a trainer who you wouldn't even have in the top 20 in the UK and Ireland. His string of rides for Cheltenham is so shocking I can't even think of one off the top of my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Going to add grand vision e/w aswell to wonderful charm

Katiebto save the day

I'm praying at this stage, need the something out of the last two to save me

Great stuff from Pacha there. Should probably have been 3 in a row when you think about it

• Registered Users Posts: 8 ItsGoosey

Deal D'estruval for me in the next. If it wins I am considering throwing the winnings onto something in the last :o

Tend to agree with Brough Scott there, one of the best Gold Cups that in my living memory anyway. It was epic from a long way out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,788 ✭✭✭Panrich

What a great Foxhunters. A wall of horses on the run-in. It was like a 5 furlong race.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,940 ✭✭✭circadian

Tommy Rapper and Deal D'Estruval here for me. Would be great to see Bridget win again, had a great race earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭rekluse

Anything for 4:50 lads I can’t pick my arse

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

bookies must be loving today...

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭hawkhead

Winning jockey in the last dislocated her shoulder on the run in and popped it back in herself. Amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Massimo Tara

hawkhead wrote: »
    Winning jockey in the last dislocated her shoulder on the run in and popped it back in herself. Amazing

I was thinking she had an unorthodox way of riding a horse. Unbelievable fair f**ks to her

hawkhead wrote: »

All in a days work for a jump jock! Different breed, as the late Jimmy McGee might have said.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Someone set up a Day 5 thread.

The weight put me off there but group horse running in a handicap there.

• Advertisement

Another place. Down to Dolos in the last

Advertisement