Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheltenham 2018 - Day 1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Sunnies Washington

Lads I have Slate House in my tracker, what are your thoughts? See the comments from Timeform below. He has form with Summerville Boy on testing ground at Cheltenham. Obviously needs to improve to challenge the big guns, but from what i hear he was very well regarded in the Irish P2P scene before heading over to the UK.  Worth a go at 20s? 
    Your comment: p2p horse, very impressive

timeform.gif Looked fine prospect when winning first 2 starts at this venue (Grade 2 latterly). Reputation taken a bit of knock twice since, although he didn't seem to stay 2½m last time. Tongue tie added.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

E/w lucky 15 for day 1.
    Enjoy the festival everyone

Tue13:30

15 - Summerville Boy ;8/1

13.30 Cheltenham: Sky Bet Supreme Novices Hurdle - Money Back As A Free Bet If You Lose (T&Cs Apply)

Win



Tue14:50

13 - Vintage Clouds ;9/1

14.50 Cheltenham: Ultima Business Solutions Handicap Chase - Paying 5 Places

Win



Tue16:50

16 - Ms Parfois ;7/1

16.50 Cheltenham: National Hunt Chase - Paying 4 Places

Win



Tue17:30

2 - Any Second Now ;7/1

17.30 Cheltenham: Close Brothers Novice Handicap Chase - Paying 6 Places

Win

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

@Sunnies Wahington Slate house is a great bet at 25/1 4places and 1/4 odds with 365. Very legitimate chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Massimo Tara

If you're interested in slate house then claimantakinforgan has to be considered as he beat him well at Ascot. First flow has great form on heavy and if he was at a different yard he would be far shorter. Think he's a good shout e/w shout.

If you're interested in slate house then claimantakinforgan has to be considered as he beat him well at Ascot. First flow has great form on heavy and if he was at a different yard he would be far shorter. Think he's a good shout e/w shout.

Slate house was giving him weight. Not a lot but besides, that was a different track.. I'm keen on course form and slate house beat summerville boy at cheltenham on soft.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Mr321

Scenes when Faugheen hacks up!

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Gaillimh1976

Summerville Boy e/w @ 5/1 without Getabird

Footpad

Think the ground suits both of the above

Also a small bet on Faugheen for old time's sake, but more in hope than expectation !!

Mr321 wrote: »

It would go down as one of the most memorable moments of cheltenham. Sprinter Sacre in the 2016 champion chase type win.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭superfurry1

Ramese de teille in the ultima pipes have won last two runnings feel like this one is a slight plot job

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Sunnies Washington

Thanks for the views on Slate House . 
    Another question: the Ultima (2.50) , Gold Present has drifted to 12/1, surely thats too big a price? Looking at the form he has run well on the ground before and also at Cheltenham last year. He has also won his last 2, including a decent race at Ascot last time out, and still looks to be improving. Any idea why he's drifted to 12s?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Right I'm not looking anymore til just before first race, only wrecking my head
    Here are mine

13:30 debuchet
    14:50 vintage clouds
    16:50 jury duty
    17:30 Mr whitaker
    All e/w

Also did a lucky 15 e/w
    13:30 paloma blue
    14:50 yala enki
    15:30 mick jazz
    16:50 pylon the pressure

Good luck to all

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

How the hell am i gonna avoid results all day till i can watch this after work?!

Ill get the supreme live at home on my lunchbreak, i dont want to be getting results during the day, it takes the excitement out of watching it afterwards

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

mdwexford wrote: »
    Means nothing.

I'm inclined to agree. I think PM may set it for Footpad. A starter and finisher. I'm a big fan of PM so my head doesnt always rule!

Anyway over the week. Dont try and get them all in one day!

Today
    1.30 Paloma Blue e/w 16/1. Remember when this won on debut and then went on and was beaten 6/7 lengths at the Punchestown Festival behind Fayonagh. Its form behind Samcro isnt patchy either.

4.10 Jers Girl 11/1 . Will love the ground.

Might have a bet on Jury Duty in the 450 we will see.

Wednesday.

1.30 Ballymore - Duc Des Genievres 14/1 An e/w bet. Would have been my idea of the winner in the Alfred Bartlett but a N/R. Has Samcro to beat.

2.10 RSA Monalee 3/1 This is my NAP of the meeting.

2.50 Coral Cup Michievious Max 25/1. See he got in as a reserve off 10st 8! 25/1 is a cracking e/w. Its previous sighter at Cheltenham should be watched online!

5.30 Champion Bumper Blacklion Looked the pick of what I have seen bumper wise this year

Thursday

2.50 Ryanair Balko Des Flos 7/1. They wanted to run BDF in the Gold Cup! Guess O'Leary has the final say in his race.

3.30 Stayers Supasundae 5/1

4.10 Brown Advisory Plate The Last Goodbye 12/1. Theres been word....

Oh yeah JJC will no doubt win on Cause of Causes, again.

Best of Luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Handy if you want to listen to the races:

http://sport.mediaondemand.net/radio/cheltenham

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

akelly02 wrote: »
    How the hell am i gonna avoid results all day till i can watch this after work?!

Ill get the supreme live at home on my lunchbreak, i dont want to be getting results during the day, it takes the excitement out of watching it afterwards

Amateur behaviour - Annual Leave :pac:

41 minutes and I'm out the door!!

Fancy my chances

13:30 - Getabird
    14:10 - Footpad
    14:50 – Vintage Clouds
    15:30 - Faugheen
    16:10 – Apples Jade
    16:50 – Sizing Tennessee
    17:30 – Any Second Now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭King of Kings

us and them

only posting this to avoid aftertime accusations.

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭irish_major

filmon.com has always saved me in work! Great site to watch it on.

Have thrown a few 20 quids on PM with boyles at 4/1. Money back as a free bet if second or third to the favourite. Think that's a cracking offer for this race.

Thanks for the views on Slate House . 
    Another question: the Ultima (2.50) , Gold Present has drifted to 12/1, surely thats too big a price? Looking at the form he has run well on the ground before and also at Cheltenham last year. He has also won his last 2, including a decent race at Ascot last time out, and still looks to be improving. Any idea why he's drifted to 12s?

Top weight and never runs on this type of ground.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

small treble on the getabird, footpad, apple jade win

wicklow brave any second now double on a 5 euro free bet

debuchet/rathvinden/la bague au roi on a small e/w trixie.

purely amatuer betting, so just for fun

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭80s Child

Slattsy wrote: »
    Here are my bets today. Some are ap, hence the prices.
    Dont have time for a write up, off to get my hair cut and have a big durrrty fry before a few pints :D

1.30 - Debuchet 28s e/w

2.10 - No bet e/w :) (but if PM keeps drifting i might play if he goes 4/1 or 9/2)

2.50 - cannot for the life of me find an angle im happy with in this race. If the ground was better probably Minella Dady, so might have a small e/w on him for an interest.

3.30 - Wicklow Brave 14s win

4.10 - Kayf Grace 25s e/w. But i think La Bague Au Roi is a cracking e/w bet for anyone stuck on the fence.

4.50 - Rathvinden 12s. Got in this fella a few weeks after they said he could go the 4 mile route.

5.30 - Any Second Now 12s. One of my bets of the week and delighted to see the money come.

Stay safe and good luck if anyone follows (dont) :)

I've followed you, pretty blindly I might add, just because you made me laugh yesterday!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Motivator

us and them

only posting this to avoid aftertime accusations.

Snap, just backed him a few minutes ago. He shouldn’t be the price he is - although there’s a bit of money for it in the last hour.

His maiden hurdle win down in cork was impressive but the limerick run at Christmas would worry me a small bit.

They decided against a run at the Dublin Racing Festival which I think will be in his favour. If Slevin can get him settled nice and early I think he’ll run a huge race.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,848 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

1.30 first flow 5 places 6/5 (bfair) smaller on the win 14s and place 4.4
    saver on kalashnikov 7.4

will love the ground, surely makes the first five at the very least

3.30 elgin three places at 3.75 bfair smaller on the win at 20s

not sure what else to do

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭supremenovice

Mr321 wrote: »

Scenes when Faugheen wont be placed ;)

Dont be mean

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Labaik in the first...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Any enhanced hotpot doubles or trebles for the week about?

Particularly which maybe include two or three of the following: Footpad, Apples Jade, Samcro and Laurina.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Does Jers Girl want really soft ground?

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭hawkhead

Any enhanced hotpot doubles or trebles for the week about?

Particularly which maybe include two or three of the following: Footpad, Apples Jade, Samcro and Laurina.

5/2 Footpad & Apples Jade with PP

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭Hector Bellend

20 Each Way on Summerville Boy in the Supreme Novices.

I'm on a half day so hopefully I'll be passing the bookies with a raging horn

Advertisement