Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Queen + Adam Lambert : Marlay Park : July 8th 2018

• 02-03-2018 10:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭

★ Queen + Adam Lambert :: Marlay Park :: July 8th ★

Following a phenomenal sell-out 3Arena show last November, Queen & Adam Lambert will return to perform at Marlay Park this Summer.

➤➤ Tickets go on sale next Friday at 9:00am from Ticketmaster
    Post edited by Beasty on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,755 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

unusual venue for them but well worth going if ur a fan. They were unreal in the 3arena last November

Don't think I'll go myself this time round

be intresting to see how the stage setup would transition to outdoors ???

Actually the arena stage was pretty cool. It will be a similar setlist i imagine too

• Registered Users Posts: 6,065 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

I would love to see them but will wait to see the ticket prices before deciding.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭ConcertKing

I would love to see them but will wait to see the ticket prices before deciding.

Tickets from € 79.50 + Booking Fee + Venue Facility Fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,065 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Tickets from € 79.50 + Booking Fee + Venue Facility Fee.

Cheers. That is a price I can do.

• Advertisement

can't see this being a good show outdoors

just seems odd to me but look at the history of queen and all the legendary outdoor gigs they done

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭horseburger

It's curious that It isn't in the 3 Arena again.

I didn't see any shows listed for 8th July, on the 3 Arena and Ticketmaster websites.

Does anyone know if there is an event on in the 3 Arena, on that night, that is not yet announced?

Or, does the 3 Arena close for a few weeks in the Summer, every year?

On the 3 Arena page, on the listings, there is a gap between Roger Waters on 27th June and The Coronas on 21st July.

http://3arena.ie/all-shows

The Wikipedia page for Marlay Park, states that the capacity for Marlay Park is 12,000, which is less than the 3 Arena.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marlay_Park#Concerts

I wonder, is it less expensive for music promoters, to hire Marlay Park for an event, than the 3 Arena?

Or, taking into account, that the Queen and Adam Lambert show is part of a series of Marlay Park gigs, I wonder, is it less expensive for the promoters, to host Queen and Adam Lambert in Marlay Park - perhaps because sound and stage equipment erected at Marlay Park, could be used by all the bands playing at Marlay Park - than it might be to hire the 3 Arena and then have to hire in sound and stage equipment for one night?

I wonder will a walkway in the centre of the stage be used for the Queen and Adam Lambert show, as was used in the shows in shows in May 2005, and the shows last November?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Marley holds up to 30000

• Registered Users Posts: 10,615 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Venue Facility Fee.

For Marley Park? :eek:
    look at the history of queen and all the legendary outdoor gigs they done

In terms of what?
    I've been to most Queen outdoor concerts and they all have been enjoyable gigs.
    Sure Adam Lambert isn't another Freddie but he admits this freely and you just have to go with an open mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭horseburger

Marley holds up to 30000

Thanks. I had just seen the Wikipedia item, when I posted the item above.

I was looking it up just now, and see that the item below - which was posted in December 2015 on the Marlay Grange Residents Association page - states, in reference to the 2016 shows, that a previous contract had a maximum audience capacity of 250,000 people, over nine concerts, held each year.

http://marleygrange.ie/marlay-park-concerts-2016/

It states that, with regard to the 2016 concerts, that a new contract, lasting five years, specified a maximum audience capacity of 210,000, over six concerts.

The following text is included in the item, which was posted, on the ma in December 2015:

"Following numerous representations and submissions to the Council regarding the Marlay Park Concert Programme, an agreement has been reached between MCD Productions and the County Council for the programme for the next five years. The previous contract allowed for a maximum number of concerts of 9 per annum, up to an audience capacity of 250,000 people".

"The new contract now provides for a maximum number of 6 per annum, with a maximum audience capacity of 210,000 people. A consultation process with resident associations will be undertaken in January. This is the maximum number and it may be there are less concerts each year".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Questionable?

Do people think this will sell out fast on Friday? Also any word if there will be a presale?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

It's curious that It isn't in the 3 Arena again.

I didn't see any shows listed for 8th July, on the 3 Arena and Ticketmaster websites.

Does anyone know if there is an event on in the 3 Arena, on that night, that is not yet announced?

Or, does the 3 Arena close for a few weeks in the Summer, every year?

On the 3 Arena page, on the listings, there is a gap between Roger Waters on 27th June and The Coronas on 21st July.

Some very odd scheduling decisions this summer for gigs. Taylor Swift/The National/Liam Gallagher/Chic all the same weekend, bonkers.

Very heavy on public transport and I'd go to all those if they were on separate nights.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭xpletiv

Hoping for a couple myself though the wife is pregnant, not sure if we could go. Theres no restrictions on these is there if I have to sell them/give them away?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭clintondaly

Just nabbed a couple there

was at the 3 Arena and it was a great gig

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

About 8 of us going to it, said I'd bring my mother. She loves Queen and I was at the gig in November and it was brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

Sorted myself. Was blown away by how good the gig in the Point was. Huge fan all my life but expectations weren't as high as that.

Brian and Roger's first outdoor trip since Slane I believe?

Well nobody had an answer for me here on if they are transferable, so taking the chance and got 2.

xpletiv wrote: »
    Well nobody had an answer for me here on if they are transferable, so taking the chance and got 2.

Regular print at home tickets so you'll be fine if you've to pass them on!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭thebull85

watched their concert on YouTube from november in Birmingham, a load of corpses in the crowd that barely moved. That would put me off but the performance was good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,145 ✭✭✭dazberry

Sorted myself. Was blown away by how good the gig in the Point was. Huge fan all my life but expectations weren't as high as that.

Same here. So much so when they started tacking gigs on to the end of the tour I just had to bite the bullet and figured I'd catch the last show in London (in case it was the last ever show), but then London turned into 3 shows, and then Glasgow and Dublin. So it's London on the 2nd and Marley Park on the 8th. A bit crazy but what can you do!! :D

• Advertisement

how will they do the light show outdoors with the daylight

• Registered Users Posts: 9,683 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Boomtown rats and the darkness announced as support, this is gonna be fun...

hynesie08 wrote: »

I can get behind this!

Tempting i must say great line up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Deagol

Looking forward to this now even more, support acts should be fun. 10 of us going including my mother...she was more lively than some of the young'uns in November!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

hynesie08 wrote: »

They are excellent additions in fairness .

Saw Queen in the 3arena last November ,liked the original members of the band but Lambert is not my cup of tea so wont be going again.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,575 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Darkness enough to get me to cough up.

Has anyone any idea what order the bands will play in? I mean, who's first and who's just before Queen?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Darkness enough to get me to cough up.

Has anyone any idea what order the bands will play in? I mean, who's first and who's just before Queen?

The Darkness- Boomtown Rats - Queen

• Registered Users Posts: 19,575 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

The Darkness- Boomtown Rats - Queen

That's what I was afraid of.

Thanks, though.

• Advertisement

Feckin boomtown rats...

Advertisement