Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Queen + Adam Lambert : Marlay Park : July 8th 2018

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,787 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Shybride2016

PTH2009 wrote: »

If I could thank you a million times I would. Have been very impatiently waiting to see this - Sunday afternoon sorted!! Thank you!!

Band started a new tour last night but tbh seems the same setlist as the last time. Tour will surely hit Ireland/Europe in 2020/21

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/queen-adam-lambert/2019/rogers-arena-vancouver-bc-canada-239e9077.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

Band started a new tour last night but tbh seems the same setlist as the last time. Tour will surely hit Ireland/Europe in 2020/21

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/queen-adam-lambert/2019/rogers-arena-vancouver-bc-canada-239e9077.html

Greatest gig of last year hands down.

Was in Slane at the weekend and sprinkled some wish dust around!! A girl can dream can't she?!

• Advertisement

taken from Queens facebook

'Coming Soon…Join the Queen + Adam Lambert Tour Watch Party on Sunday 21st June @ 12pm PDT/ 3pm EDT/ 8pm BST
    YouTube.com/QueenOfficial

Queen + Adam Lambert have come up with a very special treat for all their fans around the world, and while appreciating that it won’t be the same as seeing them perform live, they are gifting fans access to a unique show on the day that would have marked their final concert at The O2 in London! Subscribe to be notified, the show will only available for 24 Hours only
    #QALWatchParty

taken from Queens facebook

'Coming Soon…Join the Queen + Adam Lambert Tour Watch Party on Sunday 21st June @ 12pm PDT/ 3pm EDT/ 8pm BST

Queen + Adam Lambert have come up with a very special treat for all their fans around the world, and while appreciating that it won’t be the same as seeing them perform live, they are gifting fans access to a unique show on the day that would have marked their final concert at The O2 in London! Subscribe to be notified, the show will only available for 24 Hours only
    #QALWatchParty

deff worth checking out

pretty good collection of live performances

New Live album available now on streaming services

Some rare enough songs on it and some surprising omissions (Tie Your Mother Down, A Kind Of Magic and a full version of Bohemian Rhapsody)

Was at the 2 irish shows a few years back and they were brilliant. Thinking about it now 'Hammer to fall' not been played in Marley Park in 2018 was a small shock considering the movie and the emphasis on the live aid performance

Very surprised there not bringing the Rhapsody tour over here whenever its starts up again. The movie has deff raised there reputation again

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Zardoz

New Live album available now on streaming services

Some rare enough songs on it and some surprising omissions (Tie Your Mother Down, A Kind Of Magic and a full version of Bohemian Rhapsody)

Was at the 2 irish shows a few years back and they were brilliant. Thinking about it now 'Hammer to fall' not been played in Marley Park in 2018 was a small shock considering the movie and the emphasis on the live aid performance

Very surprised there not bringing the Rhapsody tour over here whenever its starts up again. The movie has deff raised there reputation again

Had a listen to some of it, its quite good actually.
    I'm not a fan of Lambert but they have seem to have selected the non camp versions of the songs over the last 6 years.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Danco

Zardoz wrote: »
    Had a listen to some of it, its quite good actually.
    I'm not a fan of Lambert but they have seem to have selected the non camp versions of the songs over the last 6 years.

That was a close one alright. Because camping it up has never worked for Queen in the past...

This was not as 'camp' as the Adam Lambert years but still very good and a bit different. Paul Rodgers is amazing and his bands Free/Bad Company are pretty underrated

• Registered Users Posts: 9,692 ✭✭✭hynesie08

This was not as 'camp' as the Adam Lambert years but still very good and a bit different. Paul Rodgers is amazing and his bands Free/Bad Company are pretty underrated

Yeah, if there's one thing you don't want Queen to be, it's camp, you want a real man's man like Freddie mercury leading the group......

Also, bad company sold north of 40 million records...... If that's underrated I want to be underrated.....

Anyone get tickets for Belfast this morning?

Nearly threw my phone out the window with the mobile number verification thing but got there in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭cassette50

I got standing tickets for Belfast - very straight forward.

cassette50 wrote: »
    I got standing tickets for Belfast - very straight forward.

I wonder why they’re not coming to Dublin this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭corm500

Slane?

corm500 wrote: »
    Slane?

I did hope for a long time they’d do Slane but these Belfast gigs were announced as their only Irish dates on this tour. Let’s keep dreaming!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Probably due to the stage layout, it has a runway down the middle.

Zardoz wrote: »
    Probably due to the stage layout, it has a runway down the middle.

Oh right ok.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,877 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Also could be the fact they did two Dublin dates on the last tour. I'd say it will be a good gig in Belfast anyways, Adam is a great singer.

As was mentioned on the gig thread it could be a stage issue with the 3Arena been the wrong configuration for this particular stage. It does look impressive

https://www.livedesignonline.com/special-report/renderings-for-queen-adam-lambert-rhapsody-tour

Vip tickets holders are on stage in the opera boxes

Also could be the fact they did two Dublin dates on the last tour. I'd say it will be a good gig in Belfast anyways, Adam is a great singer.

Yeah maybe. They’ve sold out the Saturday night and now announced another Belfast date so could’ve well done one Belfast and one Dublin date IMO.

Anyway I have tickets for the Saturday night so will make the most of the spin up.

Marc Is a great singer but feel been in the 'offical tribute band' is the right fit instead of him been in Adam Lamberts shoes

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,324 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Just updated the thread title to avoid anyone thinking Marlay Park is happening next year

This thread started in 2018

Sorry for the confusion

Nowhere else to dicuss the ongoings of Queen

• Registered Users Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

There's a thread on them in Music -> Classic Rock that you could resurrect.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, The Bothy Band, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies.

Advertisement