Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Queen + Adam Lambert : Marlay Park : July 8th 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

Is there seats for golden oldies?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,793 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Is there seats for golden oldies?

Doubt it in Marley Park. It's normally standing room only

Really odd venue I must say considering there doing Arenas for the most of this tour and a lot of the audience would prefer to sit down for the show. Surprised they didn't book them for the 3arena again. Anyway it will be a great evening for whoevers going

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

No seats in Marlay park, standing only. Tix don't seem to be selling...

Got me a cheap ticket off seatwave for this. Great line-up and hoping for a good evening

I Imagine 30/40 mins for both the Darkness and Boomtown Rats and then queen on at 8.30-8.45

Surreal thinking Bob Geldolf, Brian May and Roger Taylor were on the same stage for Live Aid and will be sharing the stage again Sunday (well they might not all play together). The Darkenss are also quite a good live band

• Registered Users Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

Is it definetely all standing?

Mate says his tickets says row g and have seat number

• Advertisement

Marlay usually doesn't have seats, it's open air in a field, not a stadium. All tickets are general admission not seated. I've been to quite a few concerts there over the years and never have seen seats.

The numbers thing is too keep track of capacity I guess and it's the same for all field venues. Question is asked for every gig lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

PTH2009 wrote: »
    The numbers thing is too keep track of capacity I guess and it's the same for all field venues. Question is asked for every gig lol

Been to avicci in Marlay and Kodaline and neither had anything but Gen Admisson if memory serves me right

Open to correction on that

General admission is all Ticketmaster have on their site...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,693 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Is there a Sunday curfew at marlay park?? Last luas from dundrum is at 23.25, so I'm going to try and make it. Return buses are starting at 22.30, so presumably that's when they expect to finish........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

Is there a pit section/Golden Circle writsband area at Marlay Park or what's the story?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,579 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Do they/have they released stage times, anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

People will be allowed to bring camping chairs into the arena on Sunday - confirmed by MCD on FB.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Is there a pit section/Golden Circle writsband area at Marlay Park or what's the story?

Hope so. Won't go otherwise.

Only gig I ever enjoyed out there was the Green Day gig and that had a pit.

Would have thought it was a great performance anyway, but doubt I'd have enjoyed it as much if far from stage.

I Imagine the food/drink inside the venue are it usual

Really should of put this in a small stadium like the RDS or Donnybrook so people had the option of sitting down for the gig instead of bringing there own chairs etc

I'm going to try and get a decent standing area at the back hopefully. Not going to get crushed

People will be allowed to bring camping chairs into the arena on Sunday - confirmed by MCD on FB.

Excellent news TBH!

Kamili wrote: »
    Excellent news TBH!

You'd think so. Picnic blankets were allowed at Stevie Wonder in Hyde Park a few years ago and it was a disaster. No enforcement of where they lay they're blankets meaning that people were thrown on the ground telling people to get out of their way because they couldn't see, and I'm dreading the same for Sunday now.

In Hyde Park there was a "No blankets beyond this point" sign(s) around the place which wasn't enforced, I'd hope to Jesus you won't be allowed get a chair anywhere near there'll be an actual atmosphere in the crowd

In Hyde Park there was a "No blankets beyond this point" sign(s) around the place which wasn't enforced, I'd hope to Jesus you won't be allowed get a chair anywhere near there'll be an actual atmosphere in the crowd

If you're that silly to put a chair in where there's atmosphere you deserve to be knocked out of it! :P

Kamili wrote: »
    If you're that silly to put a chair in where there's atmosphere you deserve to be knocked out of it! :P

I'm telling you, the shagging blankets went ALL the way up to the barrier in Hyde Park! Surely to god the organisers have more sense here.

Back to the back with yer'r chairs lads!

They must be expecting a small crowd if they can allow camping chairs taking up room ???

• Advertisement

They must be expecting a small crowd if they can allow camping chairs taking up room ???

I can't remember I gig advertised as much on the radio TBH... All the one to me anyway!

Id suspect so, theres still tickets on sale on ticketmaster's site

• Registered Users Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

The chairs are only allowed in designated areas.
    They're not allowed up the front.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, The Bothy Band, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,406 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

hynesie08 wrote: »
    Is there a Sunday curfew at marlay park?? Last luas from dundrum is at 23.25, so I'm going to try and make it. Return buses are starting at 22.30, so presumably that's when they expect to finish........
    10.30pm is the usual finish time all right, but it can take a while to get through the crowd, so it will be tight enough to make that Luas.

Going by the Glasgow pics on Instagram it's the same stage that was at the 3arena last Nov. Pretty impressive mind u

Few slight setlist changes too

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Fergus

What is the average age likely to be at this thing. I was at the Dan a few months back and there weren't many in the audience under 50

Fergus wrote: »
    What is the average age likely to be at this thing. I was at the Dan a few months back and there weren't many in the audience under 50

all ages really

queens music is very popular

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭dobman88

Anyone know the story with parking tomorrow? Never been to marlay park before and will be coming down the m50 from the northside. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭clintondaly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭dobman88

Advertisement