Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Conor McGregor thread (part 5) *Read Mod Note in Post 1*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Might get a Texas combo and a superchip on the way home

I have no idea what those things are but they sound unreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,922 ✭✭✭cletus

rob316 wrote: »
    Why is an athlete promoting a fast food brand?

He's ****ing loaded does he have to do this small ****?

Burger King are one of the top ten largest fast food outlets in the world. I'm sure he's getting well paid for the day of filming this probably took.

As I said earlier, he has a relatively small window to make money. The sensible option is to take every legit offer made

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

John_D80 wrote: »
    I have no idea what those things are but they sound unreal.

Go to Texas Fried Chicken in Crumlin and order the above. Thank me later

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Because money. Simples
    teaserbox_22030424.jpg?t=1457970605

GSP on the MMA Hour right now gearing up for the McGregor super fight. Says he's pretty sure he'll fight again if it's worth it, and feels like he may land back at 170 or even 155. His health issues (stomach) have abated and he's putting it down to stress and the bulk up.
    Sounds like Canada Vs Eire is in the works!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Mean Laqueefa

Heres a few million for the advert and your time Conor, we would love to be involved with a brand like yours. We will come to you and yes you can keep the suits and use the jet per your contract. Well your the real king Conor and yes free burgers for life.

If our advert does well you will be the face in store and online ad campaign for 1000's of stores across the world, while promoting your own brand of course

Yeah lads , the chaps an idiot :rolleyes:

he just got paid more for that than most the LW roster

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

David Beckham and Shaq have done Burger King ads. Hardly small shít.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Countless others have done pizzahut

• Registered Users Posts: 39,161 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

glasso wrote: »
    Cringe to the power of 1000.

another reason not to eat that sh1t.

If the person on a ad is a factor in what you eat, you should probably take a hard look at your diet in general.

And Floyd...

image.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bf9b6eLnGPN/?hl=en&taken-by=thenotoriousmma

i dunno weither to laugh or cry at that caption

• Advertisement

Dude is an imbecile..

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭brendanwalsh

Mellor wrote: »
    If the person on a ad is a factor in what you eat, you should probably take a hard look at your diet in general.

And Floyd...

image.jpg

Is that areal picture of floyd ? Did Burger King guy do a ring walk with him?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,928 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Bill burr must be pissin himself...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

martyos121 wrote: »
    Can’t wait to hear Nate make absolute bits of him for that ad. :D

He probably won't say anything, but's it's (the 5th of March) 2 years to the day since this.

Conor-McGregor-vs.-Nate-Diaz-UFC-196-Im-not-surprised.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

Dude is an imbecile..

He really isn't though. He didn't win the lotto, he made over 100 million before he reached the age of 30 because he is very very smart.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

Bitch be Rhonda Rouseying sponsores despite acting like he is r-e-t-i-r-e-d. I see no sign of the shares in the UFC he went on an on about. Frankie is gone, no more midgets for Conor to fight.

cliggg wrote: »
    He really isn't though. He didn't win the lotto, he made over 100 million before he reached the age of 30 because he is very very smart.

With that logic then premier league footballers must be members of mensa.

cloudatlas wrote: »
    Footballers are paid on ability and ability alone. Very few market themselves. Beckham an exception.

Conor is the highest paid MMA fighter of all time afaik.
    So (by the above logic) he's either the best fighter of all time. Or he's done a great job creating a brand that creates revenue and attracts sponsors.

Premier League footballers earn thousands per week and in some cases hundreds of thousands per week. Conor is in a sport where people fight roughly 3-4 times per year for very very little in comparison. The fact that he is richer than many Premier League footballers or has similar money to them really just backs up what I said.

cliggg wrote: »
    Premier League footballers earn thousands per week and in some cases hundreds of thousands per week. Conor is in a sport where people fight roughly 3-4 times per year for very very little in comparison. The fact that he is richer than many Premier League footballers or has similar money to them really just backs up what I said.

I still don't think he is clever and that everything is an act I think he is actually like how he portrays himself in every day life. He also has advisers now and agents so he can invest properly. Don't tell me you think Beckham is a genius business man on his own, they are just personalities that people want who have hired the right people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭fitzparker

Dude is an imbecile..

How can people slate him for these ad's? he didn't write to burger king to help him out, they came to him, as did betsafe,Bud etc etc...

He is making millions off them, if it was a decent pay check im sure he would have wore the Burger "king" head aswell.

If you don't fight you don't get paid, footballers get paid week in week out once in contract, no matter if they are out for 5 years injured or not. Fighters don't.

Pettis did Wheeties nothing different to what Conor has done

I still don't think he is clever and that everything is an act I think he is actually like how he portrays himself in every day life. He also has advisers now and agents so he can invest properly. Don't tell me you think Beckham is a genius business man on his own, they are just personalities that people want who have hired the right people.
    Well you are using the word genius here not me :p
    I don't think anyone is a genius just think McGregor is intelligent and while we're at it I do think the same of Beckham and his wife too! I know they have advisors/agents/business managers but I could hire all of them and I'd be up to my ears in debt very quickly. McGregor has been very very smart in using social media and he made his first million before he really hired anybody properly. He hired more as he earned more.

fitzparker wrote: »
    How can people slate him for these ad's?

Er because people want him to fight and everytime they click onto his social media he is shill selling something.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,622 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Beckham got buy on looks and a right peg.

McGregor is a star because of the smack he talks, which is funny and has gained global attention. Which equals intelligence.

Same people moaning about Trump being an idiot. Thats what they want you to think.

Honestly, some people here are stuck in the 90s when it comes to how the modern world works.

Er because people want him to fight and everytime they click onto his social media he is shill selling something.
    I don't think the ad effects his return. He isn't doing this ad instead of fighting. Probably 1 days work while in the US for something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,493 ✭✭✭VW 1

Big John Mccarthy made an excellent point regarding conor and not fighting at the minute on the Joey Diaz podcast.

I'm summarising but it was along the lines of, currently he has a champions clause because the UFC haven't officially stripped him. If the Khabib Ferguson fight is for the undisputed championship as Dana has stated, Conor will be stripped and no longer have a champs clause, meaning he is a lot freer in being able to get out of his contract and go do his thing with McGregor promotions.

John also stated the lawyer Conor has working for him now used to write the contracts for the UFC so is well versed and experienced in all aspects of these contracts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

VW 1 wrote: »
    Big John Mccarthy made an excellent point regarding conor and not fighting at the minute on the Joey Diaz podcast.

I'm summarising but it was along the lines of, currently he has a champions clause because the UFC haven't officially stripped him. If the Khabib Ferguson fight is for the undisputed championship as Dana has stated, Conor will be stripped and no longer have a champs clause, meaning he is a lot freer in being able to get out of his contract and go do his thing with McGregor promotions.

John also stated the lawyer Conor has working for him now used to write the contracts for the UFC so is well versed and experienced in all aspects of these contracts.

That only applies if he would otherwise be out of contract.

Go listen to Jon Fitch explain the issue on the MMA hour yesterday.

Even without the champions clause, they own him. They won't let him fight again with only one fight left on his contract, they'll make him sign before it gets to that stage and lock him in for another X amount of fights no time limit contract like they do everyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Yeah, he should stick to promoting Monster Energy Drink. That's what really makes professional sports athletes as good as they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

There's different kinds of smart.

• Advertisement

VW 1 wrote: »
    He's right that it would inactivate his champions clause. But that won't make him any more freely able to walk.

McGregor had 4 fights on his contract, plus champions clause.
    If he's stripped, he still has 4 fights left.

(4 might be 3 fights if the Floyd fight counted)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement