Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Weather Snow / Ice Weds 28 FEB ( Onwards ) ** READ MOD NOTE POST#1**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,243 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

In Cork City when snow?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Doltanian

2010 has been surpassed for me already and our first accumulations arrived only yesterday. The best this morning was I had deer and wild goats down from the hills eating hay, silage and ration with the sheep. We put out extra for them too poor craythurs.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 JWaterford

aurora 527 wrote: »
    No snowfall??

Yeah, no fall of snow for quite a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,530 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

• Registered Users Posts: 39,628 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

In Cork City when snow?

Later on tonight apparently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,805 ✭✭✭Calibos

compsys wrote: »
    It feels like you're over exaggerating. You just need to relax a bit.

I'm right beside the sea too in Monkstown and it's been "crappy ice pellets" for the past three hours also.

However, when I look out closely at the road and the cars I can see that it's definitely leading to accumulations. Even if "proper" snow didn't arrive at all tonight I'd say the level of accumulations would be quite high.

Also, if you look close enough, you'll see that it is (very fine) snow that's falling. Admittedly it would be nice to see a few big, proper flakes falling. But this is Ireland after all and we're beside the sea and it's already into spring.

The wind alone would almost warrant a warning at this stage.

I'm not complaining about warning levels or anything like that. Simply frustrated at literally zero accumulation in my corner of Bray after 3 hours of this on top of frustration at that damn easterly wind shift meaning we only got 5cm on Tuesday night and nothing at all on Wednesday.

I genuinely am going to take a xanax now LOL :D

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭NMB

The fine particles that have been falling this evening are not sleet, rain or freezing rain, they're snow grains. They feel like liquid because they're so small that they melt instantly on your face, making the same effect as liquid drops. Nowhere has had rain or sleet this evening.

Perfect interpretation—- as per usual 😘

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭nimrod86

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Was a bit shaky here in Dublin 16 for a bit with some sleety/ice pellety stuff. Back on full/heavy fine snow now. -0.8c atm.

I'm in D16 too, but getting tired of going up and down to the Window! Thanks for saving me the trips so far! :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,842 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Radar says it's about to get worse (or better) for you:

Just when I was ready to turn in for the night, not a chance I can sleep now I've looked out the window more in the last 24 hours than I have at a tv in about a year!

Hoping for the dramatics(easy know I can work from home tomorrow)

• Registered Users Posts: 977 ✭✭✭revelman

wakka12 wrote: »
    Latest snow depth charts still saying dublin will have huge totals but still just ice pellets here. How could this possibly come anywhere close to a metre even if these ice pellets keep coming down until 6pm tomorrow it'll only be 3 or 4 inches Id say

There have been a number of explanations in the past few pages about how the 'ice pellets' come first followed by the actual (wet) snow in the next wave. I think you should just be patient. You will have significant snow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,190 ✭✭✭Goose81

spookwoman wrote: »

That's exactly what it like outside my gaf, it's rain

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭crustybla

This thread is having a detrimental affect on my Netflixing :(

Same here IBC. Also on my brithering in the diary room. Hope you're nice and cosy.x

• Registered Users Posts: 15,202 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Calibos wrote: »
    I'm not complaining about warning levels or anything like that. Simply frustrated at literally zero accumulation in my corner of Bray after 3 hours of this on top of frustration at that damn easterly wind shift meaning we only got 5cm on Tuesday night and nothing at all on Wednesday.

Give it a while. Look at the radar it's coming

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭sicknotexi

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Was a bit shaky here in Dublin 16 for a bit with some sleety/ice pellety stuff. Back on full/heavy fine snow now. -0.8c atm.

Maybe it's like before heavy rainfall there is drizzle?

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭nermal15

JWaterford wrote: »

I'm in Waterford city and it's been snowing for hours, it's just very very fine so hard to see from a distance. Definitely there though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Snow increasing with intensity now in Dublin 1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

some flakes mixed in with the snow pellets now. Radar looking...epic to say the least

• Registered Users, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Time Lapse from Swords today ..

https://youtu.be/3YASc5c6Xxk

• Registered Users Posts: 977 ✭✭✭revelman

In Cork City when snow?

Between midnight and 3pm we should starting see some action.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭aurora 527

JWaterford wrote: »

Look back at previous page..spookwomans post its like that for hours.. where are you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,515 ✭✭✭bennyl10

wakka12 wrote: »
    Latest snow depth charts still saying dublin will have huge totals but still just ice pellets here. How could this possibly come anywhere close to a metre even if these ice pellets keep coming down until 6pm tomorrow it'll only be 3 or 4 inches Id say

The snowstorm ain't anywhere near Ireland.
    It's still between France and britain(closer to France)

It won't touch us until early morn

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Goose81 wrote: »

in the last minute its turned to more floaty snow. I know very techy term :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

Went for a few pints in the local village (rural North Cork) at 7.30 this evening, very light snow falling when we went into the pub, came out at 9.30 and the whole village was covered in snow

• Registered Users Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

revelman wrote: »
    Between midnight and 3pm we should starting see some action.

looks like some showers are heading in off the coast towards us now from the east, will they be heavy, who knows!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Goose81 wrote: »

Go outside. If it was rain it would melt any snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭mitresize5

Jesus we get it. It’s just rain/snow grains/ice pellets and your right it’s going to miss you all or it’s over hyped.

Just go to bed already and check again in the morning!!

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭bozharry1

Is the storm still a good bit off landfall. I'm in Portlaoise and it's gone very calm again with no snow.Any idea when Midlands will get lashed out of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭NMB

Calibos wrote: »

There’s a lot of love on this thread - big hug for Calibos don’t do it baby !! Stay with us - snow is coming !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,530 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

• Advertisement

It's pelting down with really fine stuff and accumulating fast in Bishopstown.

Advertisement