Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A random waffle thread?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Is he moving to RTE?

I hope so. The man is a commentating genius. He deserves to be working on a grand stage. I've occasionally listened to games on the radio rather than watch them on TV because of how he describes the action.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Liam Aherne will be missed on Limerick's Live.

Was it his last commentary this evening? Always enjoyed tuning into Liam when I couldn't get to a match. He'll be sorely missed. Would be amazing to see him head to RTE and well deserved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Vladimir Poontang

any takeaway codes for dominoes or just-eat? I'm STARVING*

*and skint :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

I've seen good reviews for both so I'm unsure: Da Vinci's or William Street Barbers? Going for a cut on Monday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,130 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

I've seen good reviews for both so I'm unsure: Da Vinci's or William Street Barbers? Going for a cut on Monday morning.

New York barbers at the top of william st. Wait for Kris. Thank me Monday evening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,052 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

New York barbers at the top of william st. Wait for Kris. Thank me Monday evening.
    OK Kris :p

To thine own self be true

OK Kris :p

Ha!

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭FobleAsNuck

Does anyone have a spare box of -2 contact lenses? My delivery got delayed and will be blinde starting tomorrow :(

Does anyone have a spare box of -2 contact lenses? My delivery got delayed and will be blinde starting tomorrow :(

Call into specsavers (assuming you deal with them) and they will give you some. If you have a prescription handy they may sell you a box.

Called into William Street Barber's, probably the best cut I've ever had and all for €10.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭FobleAsNuck

Call into specsavers (assuming you deal with them) and they will give you some. If you have a prescription handy they may sell you a box.

I don't. And Ireland seems to be the only country where you need a prescription when buying contact lenses, hence the reason I do all my shopping online.

I don't. And Ireland seems to be the only country where you need a prescription when buying contact lenses, hence the reason I do all my shopping online.

Buy mine on vision direct but specs are handy to have as a backup.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Louche Lad

Can anyone recommend a phone repair shop in the city centre?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Louche Lad wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a phone repair shop in the city centre?
    TechStar on Henry Street are quite good.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭MilfordBud

Anyone know what was going on Tuesday night with the projections on King John's castle? There was a projector from Clancy strand, in the little park by the Curragower beaming images on to the tower nearest Thomond bridge. They had a drone recording it too from what I could see. There was only a handful of people there so it looked like it may have been prep for something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

Vincent Browne is hosting a debate there this evening as part of the Limerick Spring festival. Might be something to do with that?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,270 ✭✭✭source

MilfordBud wrote: »
    Anyone know what was going on Tuesday night with the projections on King John's castle? There was a projector from Clancy strand, in the little park by the Curragower beaming images on to the tower nearest Thomond bridge. They had a drone recording it too from what I could see. There was only a handful of people there so it looked like it may have been prep for something else.

Testing the projection display which was supposed to happen New Years Eve but has been put back to St Patrick's Day.

Source: my mate's art is being used in the display.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭MilfordBud

source wrote: »
    Testing the projection display which was supposed to happen New Years Eve but has been put back to St Patrick's Day.

Source: my mate's art is being used in the display.

Good stuff, it looked cool enough anyway.

Any Chemists that give digital copies of passport photos? Looking to apply for my new passport online.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Any Chemists that give digital copies of passport photos? Looking to apply for my new passport online.

You can take your own photos nowadays, even with a good camera phone.

https://www.dfa.ie/passportonline/onlinephotoguidelines/

No need to visit a Chemist anymore as it's tedious and expensive for what you get.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

McCabe's pharmacy in the Crescent do it. One of the girls will even chat about OTT and the Session Moth with you if you go during the week. :D

McCabe's pharmacy in the Crescent do it. One of the girls will even chat about OTT and the Session Moth with you if you go during the week. :D
    I'm sold!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

Berty wrote: »
    You can take your own photos nowadays, even with a good camera phone.

https://www.dfa.ie/passportonline/onlinephotoguidelines/

No need to visit a Chemist anymore as it's tedious and expensive for what you get.

Great the amount of chemists i had to go to,to get a proper photo cause some of them were crap or not acceptable when i applied was mad.

Anyone have an OBDII reader I can use for 2 mins in Limerick tomorrow or when the weather permits? Have an engine management light on that needs a quick scan. My own OBD unit is on the missing list (my brother probably has it).

Anyone have an OBDII reader I can use for 2 mins in Limerick tomorrow or when the weather permits? Have an engine management light on that needs a quick scan. My own OBD unit is on the missing list (my brother probably has it).

I have a bluetooth one.

I have a bluetooth one.

If my one doesn't turn up I may be in touch if that's OK?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

you get sorted for that?

A2LUE42 wrote: »
    you get sorted for that?

Not yet but in no rush at the moment. Don't plan on even looking at the car for another day or two.

If my one doesn't turn up I may be in touch if that's OK?

No hassle at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

Why do people have dogs if they cant look after then. A dog in the house across from me locked in the house barking all day!!! any way of stopping him barking

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement