Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A random waffle thread?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Why are people so bloody horrible?

Was in Tesco Dooradoyle about an hour ago and witnessed a woman giving dogs abuse to a poor guy working on the floor because there was hardly any water in stock. She stood there informing him about how it was 'Absolutely ridiculous' According to her "The snow is long gone, I can't understand what the problem is with your deliveries, do you not realise that the water is off in Dooradoyle, what am I supposed to do now?" Getting louder and louder.
    Poor guy was trying to apologise (for something that clearly wan't his fault) but she stalked off. I was nearby at the time. I went over to him and asked him was he okay. He honestly looked close to tears. He said he was okay and thanked me for asking. I just told him not to pay any heed to her, but I felt very sorry for him. I'd say he was only about 18/19.

I used to work in retail myself, so I know what it's like. Believe me, I've been there, but there's no excuse for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,128 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Was in Tesco Dooradoyle about an hour ago and witnessed a woman giving dogs abuse to a poor guy working on the floor because there was hardly any water in stock. She stood there informing him about how it was 'Absolutely ridiculous' According to her "The snow is long gone, I can't understand what the problem is with your deliveries, do you not realise that the water is off in Dooradoyle, what am I supposed to do now?" Getting louder and louder.
    Poor guy was trying to apologise (for something that clearly wan't his fault) but she stalked off. I was nearby at the time. I went over to him and asked him was he okay. He honestly looked close to tears. He said he was okay and thanked me for asking. I just told him not to pay any heed to her, but I felt very sorry for him. I'd say he was only about 18/19.

I used to work in retail myself, so I know what it's like. Believe me, I've been there, but there's no excuse for it.

Did you call the woman out? Did it in Dunnes once and they didn't know what to do. People are cowards when they are challenged.

She was gone. Stalked off out of the store. I did call a guy out before though in Aldi and he just walked off. I hate people being like that with retail staff/bar staff/waiters etc. There's no need for it.

I've just seen your post about the dogs. Was in a similar situation myself a few years ago. A neighbour in my estate had two large dogs used solely for breeding purposes. They were kept in a tiny little run out the back, and never ever walked or taken out. They were driving the whole place mad barking. A few of the neighbours approached him and he told them where to go in a non too polite manner. So Mr Crumble range the ISPCA and they were utterly useless. They told us that as long as they were fed and watered, then they weren't being abused. We told them that they were locked up and never allowed out, but they couldn't care less.

That guy moved out but a friend told me afterwards that we should have got on to the environmental section of the council about it, so I don't know if that would be of any help?

Apologies, just realised it was the other James Bond who mentioned the dogs!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Snickers Man

I quite agree that it is most unfair, and pretty ineffective, as well as being downright obnoxious to vent one's frustration on junior shop floor staff. It is not their fault.

But it's somebody's.

Tesco have been unbelievably crap during this snow episode and I have my theories as to why. I went out to one of their larger stores in Dublin yesterday afternoon (Sunday) and the shelves were completely bare of meat, veg and fruit. Granted, there were a lot of cars in the car park for Sunday afternoon but this was no normal Sunday.

Was it the same everywhere?

No.

A Lidl, five minutes drive away, had plentiful supplies of most fresh produce so I loaded up with sufficient to keep the wolf from the door. (and it probably cost me less than Tesco would have done anyway) Granted, Tesco usually have a wider choice of things than Lidl does but when the choice is between limited and bugger all, Lidl won out handsomely.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Was it the same everywhere?

No.

A Lidl, five minutes drive away, had plentiful supplies of most fresh produce so I loaded up with sufficient to keep the wolf from the door. (and it probably cost me less than Tesco would have done anyway) Granted, Tesco usually have a wider choice of things than Lidl does but when the choice is between limited and bugger all, Lidl won out handsomely.

It pretty much was the same in Aldi (had more meat) & Dunnes (albeit Dunnes had more meat and fish than Tesco) & SuperValu. But there were no vegetables or fruit in any of 4 stores that I had visited.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Vladimir Poontang

Nothing like retail to educate you on how pig ignorant the general public is and it is always the most powerless staff that get the brunt of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭davo2001

It was probably some chavey scumbag whom never worked a day in there life. Sickens me to the bone when people are treated like this.

davo2001 wrote: »
    It was probably some chavey scumbag whom never worked a day in there life. Sickens me to the bone when people are treated like this.

Worse again. A well dressed fifty something 'lady'. I use the word loosely.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Saw two idiots Saturday give out to the young lad in Easons for not having newspapers. Apparently you can't get news other than on print. "What do you mean, they're not coming in today". It was 2pm ffs. They knew damn well they weren't coming in.

Even the guys on sky news was reading "the papers" from printouts from their online sites.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

She was gone. Stalked off out of the store. I did call a guy out before though in Aldi and he just walked off. I hate people being like that with retail staff/bar staff/waiters etc. There's no need for it.

I've just seen your post about the dogs. Was in a similar situation myself a few years ago. A neighbour in my estate had two large dogs used solely for breeding purposes. They were kept in a tiny little run out the back, and never ever walked or taken out. They were driving the whole place mad barking. A few of the neighbours approached him and he told them where to go in a non too polite manner. So Mr Crumble range the ISPCA and they were utterly useless. They told us that as long as they were fed and watered, then they weren't being abused. We told them that they were locked up and never allowed out, but they couldn't care less.

That guy moved out but a friend told me afterwards that we should have got on to the environmental section of the council about it, so I don't know if that would be of any help?

Apologies, just realised it was the other James Bond who mentioned the dogs!
    Thanks

he eventually shut up after i found my proper phone to to record him. i told the owners when they came back that he was going nuts earlier on & they apologised nothing worse that listening to that after coming off nites.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Berty wrote: »
    Saw two idiots Saturday give out to the young lad in Easons for not having newspapers. Apparently you can't get news other than on print. "What do you mean, they're not coming in today". It was 2pm ffs. They knew damn well they weren't coming in.

Even the guys on sky news was reading "the papers" from printouts from their online sites.

That reminds me of the time I worked in a newsagent on St Stephen's Day back in the mid-90s. I had a guy give out reams about the lack of a particular daily newspaper. I said it wasn't due as presumably the newspaper staff didn't work Christmas Day and he argued for ages about how it wasn't Christmas Day, it was St Stephen's Day. He just could not understand that the paper was produced the day before.

Anyone driven the 1.6 petrol version of the toyota corolla (141,151 up ) it looks like they are automatic Cvt transmission. Wondering are they any good ??

Not yet but in no rush at the moment. Don't plan on even looking at the car for another day or two.
    No hassle at all.

Got sorted for that too dude. My own one showed up. Crank shaft position sensor fault :mad: Had all the signs of it.

Cheers anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,128 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Got sorted for that too dude. My own one showed up. Crank shaft position sensor fault :mad: Had all the signs of it.

Cheers anyway.

Good man. Give me a shout if buying parts, I can sort you out.

Good man. Give me a shout if buying parts, I can sort you out.

Will do indeed. Thanks again!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭dashoonage

shams and shamettes what times the fireworks at tomorrow night?

dashoonage wrote: »

Whenever Rory Best decides to lift our silverware :D

Around 9ish the thing in King Johns Castle is due to kick off so maybe 10ish for the fireworks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭adaminho

Whenever Rory Best decides to lift our silverware :D

Around 9ish the thing in King Johns Castle is due to kick off so maybe 10ish for the fireworks.

Just a heads up. It's on Sunday night not tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭dashoonage

adaminho wrote: »

Cheers dude

that Snotaul Goodman fella is an awful fooker.

adaminho wrote: »
    Cheers dude

that Snotaul Goodman fella is an awful fooker.

:eek:

Not gonna lie. I didn't look it up or anything. I was passing on the info I got from the lads at the work canteen table at 5AM this morning. Might be a few upset people in town tomorrow night!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Anyone else head to the fireworks on Sunday? Thought they were amazing myself. The art instillations on the castle were wicked and the tribute to Dolores at the end was very moving and apt.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,290 ✭✭✭dunworth1

panda100 wrote: »
    Anyone else head to the fireworks on Sunday? Thought they were amazing myself. The art instillations on the castle were wicked and the tribute to Dolores at the end was very moving and apt.

yep was there I was really nice my only gripe was the sound system wasn't loud enough (i was by the treaty stone)

more things like this should be done

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭apc

fireworks were really impressive. The tribute to Delores less so. Would it not have been better if the fireworks had been choreographed to the cranberries as she only got a song played when the fireworks were over and people were starting to leave

• Registered Users Posts: 4,455 ✭✭✭sioda

Enjoyed the fire works can't understand why the sound for the display wasnt done from the castle as directional sound from Tower to Tower would have added hugely to the whole show.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭OfTheMarsWongs

On the night of the fireworks, viewing of castle/river was totally blocked from Thomond Bridge. Temporary fencing with black out covers. Resulted in all those people that normally watch from the bridge having to cram into area near the Treaty Stone.

Maybe there was some safety reason for it but it just meant more people crammed onto Clancy Strand.

Lads 1st time in a while driving in morn rush Hr traffic 08.00 ish ( driving towards Snn Industrial Estate.) . dont know how anyone puts up with that every day. The amount of twats out @ that time, swerving in & out of lanes no indicators. Then i am in wrong lane i will put on my indicator & wait type ones.:rolleyes::rolleyes::D:D:D

Have to say everyone is very civilised using the Cement factory roundabout - thought there'd be much more road rage on it but there isnt considering how much traffic there is, it was like a car park this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Mc Love wrote: »
    Have to say everyone is very civilised using the Cement factory roundabout - thought there'd be much more road rage on it but there isnt considering how much traffic there is, it was like a car park this morning

Every morning I look down heading to the tunnel and I just can't imagine being on a double roundabout like that with it jammed.

Every morning I look down heading to the tunnel and I just can't imagine being on a double roundabout like that with it jammed.
    that tunnel is heaven saves u meeting traffic in town

• Advertisement

Like I said, its a lot more civilised than you think, once you accept that everyone is in the wrong lane.

People coming from Fr. Russell Road are joining the r/a in the left hand lane despite them wanting to go into the city, they should be taking the right hand lane.

People coming from the motorway joining the r/a in the left hand lane to go around the r/a towards the city, they should be using the right hand lane.

People coming from the motorway and Fr. Russell road using the correct right hand lane for going around the first r/a but then using the right hand lane on the second r/a to exit at the dock road exit. They should be trying to get into the left hand lane after the first r/a but alas this is being blocked by the left hand lane morons from the motorway and Fr. Russell Road.

It's a flawed system that really only causes havoc for the people coming from the N69 (foynes direction) as they have to yield to traffic from both the Fr. Russell Road and Motorway.

Quite funny when you think about it and Limerick Council want to build over a 1000 homes in the future in Mungret. It's going to be some laugh!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement