Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Weather Snow / Ice Weds 28 FEB ( Onwards ) ** READ MOD NOTE POST#1**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭ThaitaniumM

Still waiting on the ECM it's taking it's time

• Registered Users Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭The Bishop Basher

This whole thing has been a complete non event so far here in Greystones anyway..

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭noah45

Good morning, about 13-15cm of fabulous snow fell in Athlone, slight drifts in garden and looks amazing. an amazingly accurate forcast by the main guys here, thank you.

I saw a detailed description of what we are to expect from 4pm today but cant seem to locate it now.
    it detailed how the blizzard conditions would happen all of a sudden and one could become disorientated etc, does anyone know where i'd find it again please.
    I want to tag family on it as it really would emphasise todays seriousness, thanks.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,251 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Still waiting on the ECM it's taking it's time

Is there still uncertainty?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

Snowing again in dublin 5

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭irishrover99

Tv3 showing its radar as snowing up till Saturday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭2013Lara

Swanner wrote: »
    This whole thing has been a complete non event so far here in Greystones anyway..

Wicklow too.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭revelman

SeaBreezes wrote: »
    Thunder snow in kinsale

I’m here near Kinsale. Was woken last night by the second loudest thunder I’ve ever heard. The loudest was in Malaysia. We got such a fright. I haven’t gone out to measure the snow yet but we had a good bit of snow last night on top of the almost 20cm we got yesterday. I’m attaching this phot of my backyard but it’s hard to show how extraordinary the scenes are here. We are almost completely white already and looking at the top of the car I’d say there is 25cm of snow plus but will confirm later with measuring tape. :eek: I feel like I’m in some sort of armeegeddon movie - seriously...

Photo might be a bit dark as it is early but still very grey here.

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭bazlers

What time is the snow due to hit the middle third of the country today if from all accounts it’s PM for the south? Will it take long to travel up?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭mumo3

Clondalkin looking beautiful this morning again, but it is Baltic out there and at times the wind wiping the snow up with very little visibility

• Advertisement

revelman wrote: »
    I’m here near Kinsale. Was woken last night by the second loudest thunder I’ve ever heard. The loudest was in Malaysia. We got such a fright. I haven’t gone out to measure the snow yet but we had a good bit of snow last night on top of the almost 20cm we got yesterday. I’m attaching this phot of my backyard but it’s hard to show how extraordinary the scenes are here. We are almost completely white already and looking at the top of the car I’d say there is 25cm of snow plus but will confirm later with measuring tape. :eek: I feel like I’m in some sort of armeegeddon movie - seriously...

Photo might be a bit dark as it is early but still very grey here.

Looks impressive!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,253 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Evelyn sounding irate on the radio now

• Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭ando

Another 2 to 3 inches last night in Newbridge. Measured 8 inches on the car roof yesterday morning!!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,834 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Evelyn said armageddon on Radio 1! :pac:

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,834 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

leahyl wrote: »
    Evelyn sounding irate on the radio now

Yeah....cranky! :P

DOCARCH wrote: »

Did she sound frustrated to you?! The questions he was asking didn’t seem to agree with her - she’s probably knackered tired

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chrongen

Getting a little heavier fall now in Dublin 1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

Portarlington and still snowing

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

All over the country later?

Just to put my own post in context, so I don't have to infract myself for misleading, what she actually said is....'it's not like it will be armageddon at 4pm'.

• Advertisement

Just to put my own post in context, so I don't have to infract myself for misleading, what she actually said is....'it's not like it will be armageddon at 4pm'.

:(:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

Evelyn on the radio explaining the red alert.

Big flakes falling again here in South Kilkenny. So so cold.

Exactly...it won’t be Armageddon....AT 4PM....later on though....

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Wine Goddess

Lightly snowing here in Firhouse Dublin 24.
    Had another 2-3 cm on top of the 12cm from yesterday.
    I'd strongly advise anyone to stay put if they don't have to move, later on will be a severe event, plus the freezing temperatures will play havoc with road ( I mean snow) surfaces.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭vickers209

1 little flurrie in ashford co wicklow which has blown away.
    whats the deal in 2010 we got hammered like rest of country is being now?
    Il have a very dissapointed 3 yo again this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭RiseToMe

Snowing here in Dublin 9 after a pretty uneventful night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

Is anyone else a bit sleep-deprived and not really bothered about that fact? This is too interesting to sleep through. I’ll sleep when I’m dead. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Its unbelievable here, blizzard conditions, heavy snow in a very stong wind, never seen so much snow here.

Think we are well over a foot of snow now

• Registered Users Posts: 22,122 ✭✭✭✭Esel

noah45 wrote: »
    Good morning, about 13-15cm of fabulous snow fell in Athlone, slight drifts in garden and looks amazing. an amazingly accurate forcast by the main guys here, thank you.

I saw a detailed description of what we are to expect from 4pm today but cant seem to locate it now.
    it detailed how the blizzard conditions would happen all of a sudden and one could become disorientated etc, does anyone know where i'd find it again please.
    I want to tag family on it as it really would emphasise todays seriousness, thanks.

Not the links you were looking for, but these might help:

Whiteout

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whiteout_(weather)

Blizzard

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blizzard

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭padohaodha

I have been lurking here for months.First post.I just want to say that I think I love M.T...i know it's a technical site but I look forward to his words every day.Thank you M.T.

Advertisement