Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Female only island to open off Finnish coast.

Options
  • 07-02-2018 11:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/no-men-women-only-finland-island-coast-resort-destination-kristina-roth-supershe-a8197886.html

Is it me, or does the inconsistency with this battle of the sexes seem to be taking the piss.
    If something is aimed at male only then the feminists are up in arms but yet here we are with ideas of excluding males from their own recreational activities.
    The person mentions she is open to men eventually being considered but surely this is a form of discrimination against men?
    Almost everyday there are news articles which debates the difference in salaries between men and women and women deserve to be paid the same as men but surely the powers that be must raise their eyebrows to this type of carry on as well?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

But once the island is officially ready for visitors, women "can expect activities such as yoga, meditation, healthy eating, cooking classes, fitness classes, and much more,"

Yeah, we're not missing out on much.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

stimpson wrote: »

The funny thing about that quote is that they can do this without going to an island which I'm going to bet isn't cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

The article doesn't mention the penalty for men if they go to this island...

• Registered Users Posts: 22,049 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Wonder who did all the renovations on the island :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

She thinks women only wear lipstick for men. Ok.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Laughable tbh and I imagine it's somewhat a bit bull****tery.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Isn't this a female only island?

The Finnish are waaaaay too late to the party.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

Wonder who did all the renovations on the island :pac:

WomensToolkit.jpg

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

but i thought men and women were exactly the same and any differences were just social constructs?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

I'm fully behind this. We women need a place to call our own. I'll definitely head over to help us settle in.

want-to-dress-like-a-woman-make-you-look-thinner_2.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Who's going to cut the grass and put the bins out?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Most of them will be dying for a bit of rock hard cock after a week or two. Specially if they’ve had a few glasses of wine. Can’t see this working. Unless they are all carpet lickers....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

It says they may allow male guests in the future.

Reminds me of Carry On Up The Jungle (which I vaguely remember and is the only Carry On I've ever seen cause I hate them) They think they're lucky when they encounter a tribe consisting only of women but soon realise its not so great and they are to be kept as slaves for mating and not allowed to ever leave! :/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

bear1 wrote: »
    http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/no-men-women-only-finland-island-coast-resort-destination-kristina-roth-supershe-a8197886.html
    Almost everyday there are news articles which debates the difference in salaries between men and women and women deserve to be paid the same as men but surely the powers that be must raise their eyebrows to this type of carry on as well?

Unfortunately flutes like Justin Trudeau with his 'peoplekind' comments probably think it's a great idea.

Perfect example of one of those things that if a man said it would be rounded on. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭Salvation Tambourine

stimpson wrote: »

I think it's pretty disgraceful that they are offering activities that reinforce stereotypes that women like things like yoga, meditation, healthy eating, cooking classes & fitness classes.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭nicedryturf

Oh poor men. Seriously you have to go to the arctic circle to find an example of a woman-only resort when in this country we still have men-only golf courses. Buck up.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Oh poor men. Seriously you have to go to the arctic circle to find an example of a woman-only resort when in this country we still have men-only golf courses. Buck up.

yeah but will this island give equal opportunities of employment to men? women get to work on men only golf courses.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭TheDavester

Can we ship Louise O Neill/Una Mullally/Rosemary McCabe over

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭quintana76

bear1 wrote: »

Is it me, or does the inconsistency with this battle of the sexes seem to be taking the piss.
    If something is aimed at male only then the feminists are up in arms but yet here we are with ideas of excluding males from their own recreational activities.
    The person mentions she is open to men eventually being considered but surely this is a form of discrimination against men?
    Almost everyday there are news articles which debates the difference in salaries between men and women and women deserve to be paid the same as men but surely the powers that be must raise their eyebrows to this type of carry on as well?[
    /QUOTE]

You have to realise that modern feminism is not about equality. It is about reversing the situation with men. Revenge in other words. Most woman don't subscribe to such extremism but the media love it and encourage it for their own reasons. Wonder what Una Mullaly would think of the island idea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Proper order too. Nothing stop some lady golfers creating their own club. Don’t see me trying to rock up to one of those curves gyms in me trackies looking to join a spin class.

yeah but will this island give equal opportunities of employment to men? women get to work on men only golf courses.....

Comedic gold.

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭eurokev

Give it a week and none of them will be talking to one another

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭eurokev

Proper order too. Nothing stop some lady golfers creating their own club. Don’t see me trying to rock up to one of those curves gyms in me trackies looking to join a spin class.

Sure hard can it be? Buy a few hundred acres, get it zoned, then put in the drainage, landscaping, the seeding, bung in a million for a modest clubhouse. What's the problem with these lazy broads?

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭decky1

Most of them will be dying for a bit of rock hard cock after a week or two. Specially if they’ve had a few glasses of wine. Can’t see this working. Unless they are all carpet lickers....

jesus how did you get away with that statement? I said I Fcuk'in hate Christmas and your Man barred me off that topic, I also said something about Feminists and he had another go at me. Is he on holidays.:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Dial it back there a bit champ yeah? That's getting on the offensive side.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭decky1

Maybe if we could come to some deal with Ryan Air they might bring that Lady with the 'Emotional Peacock' over to them , seem like the place for her.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

eurokev wrote: »

But introduce just one man and they'll probably reunite quickly enough.

• Advertisement

The irony of complaining about a woman-only resort in what appears to be a hermetically sealed echo chamber of discontented male voices...

Advertisement