Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enzo Amore thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭oneilla

Totally agree.
    She should face prison time if it's proven it's all lies. Which if I am to be honest sounds like it's all in her head.

Guess we'll find out in time.

I thought slander was a civil issue not a criminal one?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

oneilla wrote: »
    I thought slander was a civil issue not a criminal one?
    Making false accusations can fall in under perverting the course of Justice

Wasting Police time is also a criminal offence.

Are the police involved here or is just allegations made on social media?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭oneilla

Making false accusations can fall in under perverting the course of Justice

Wasting Police time is also a criminal offence.

Are the police involved here or is just allegations made on social media?

Unclear if police are still involved but....
    According to Vince Lewis of the Phoenix Police Department's Media Relations unit, Phoenix Police confirmed that on Monday, October 23rd, 2017, at around 2:30 p.m., Phoenix Police responded to a local hospital for a call of a sexual assault that had reportedly occurred on October 19th, 2017 at 401 West Clarendon Avenue

https://www.f4wonline.com/wwe-news/wwe-suspends-enzo-amore-following-rape-allegation-250286

The Fightful story linked in the first post says police are awaiting lab results.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Only glimmer of hope for Enzo in this story is that they can be quite reactionary on this kind of thing. Ever since Benoit they leave nothing to chance and will suspend based on allegation alone if it's a domestic/abuse.

leggo wrote: »
    Do you really think so? Like realistically...I'm trying to put myself into the shoes of someone who's wrongly had this accusation levelled at them, my first step would be when DMs and whatnot with my friends started flying around, directly approaching the woman in question and talking to her (ideally in writing or recorded). I'd first try determine what she felt happened in case she perceived something differently to me and there was wires crossed, in case god forbid I was in a grey area and actually had done something to upset her!

I'd also be thinking of any legal consequences if she did make it legal and trying to gently get her - because both she and I would know for a fact that it was untrue and it's very difficult to lie to someone under those circumstances

I dunno, I wouldn't even try approaching the person myself never mind getting a middle person to do it. The second such accusations are uttered, there's no coming back from that. The person has made up their mind and you'd probably be the last person they'd want to talk to.

All you can do is brace and prepare yourself legally because even opening a dialogue leaves you open to the story getting murkier (harassed/stalked me when he heard about my accusation, etc...).

EDIT we're really taking the piss out of the mods now. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

It depends what level the accusations are at. If they’ve already tweeted or gone to the police, yeah leave well alone. It seems, through the DMs she’s published, the next day Enzo’s friend knew accusations were forthcoming.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,672 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

EDIT we're really taking the piss out of the mods now. :o

Just moved about 2 pages of posts to this thread... let's try to keep this to one thread folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

sounds all made up to me, cant buy into it at all. the fact she is advertising her private snapchat accounts with half naked pics etc after this event supposedly took place says it all.
    genuine victims would be shying away from anything to do with sex etc

she just wants her 15 secs of fame

• Registered Users Posts: 85,623 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

sky88 wrote: »
    Wow so looks like its been under investigation for a long time and only coming out now

https://twitter.com/WONF4W/status/955585663910498304

If the investigation has been on going how was he not suspended back then?

I think since Weinstein and other "celebs" and high profile people have been accused, social media has been the place for reveals

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    If the investigation has been on going how was he not suspended back then?

I think since Weinstein and other "celebs" and high profile people have been accused, social media has been the place for reveals

Because they didn't know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,029 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Ricochet to be the new cruiserweight champ?

Why would you wish that on him?:(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,188 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

So Enzo will be in big bother with WWE for not telling them about the investigation then rgardless of any findings.

I thought he would have had to disclose the investigation to WWE

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

Yeah they won't be happy. Murphy of Blake and Murphy did something similar, got a DUI and didn't tell management and then when they found out they very quickly took the tag belts off them and he's largely been missing from TV since.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

WWE has come to terms on the release of Eric Arndt (Enzo Amore).

• Registered Users Posts: 23,126 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Must be some truth to it then.

The cruiserweight division needs the King in the North back on his throne.

Pretty telling that they didn't even wish him the best in his future endeavours. They always do that.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,431 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Wooooooow

They must be pretty sure he's guilty. That's shocking.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,431 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Reading it, it seems Enzo has known about the allegations for months but didn't warn WWE at all, which is why they sacked him I guess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Boom Boom the rapiest guy in the room

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭soiseztomabel

Sirsok wrote: »
    I believe shaming on social media is a dangerous slippery slope, realistically it can very well lead to the death of someone who has been trialed by the internet.

I dont understand or pretend to understand the motivations of a rape victim, and I cant imagine the suffering of a genuine case, I just think using twitter as a means to disclose your suffering is dangerous in the long run.

Posting **** on twitter regarding issues like this is the new thing though. I fully understand those who go down police route that the process is drawn out and incredibly invasive to the the person, but this culture of making the claim on Twitter is disgusting.

If you wanna throw mud back up your ****

Sorry gerrybbadd but gonna infringe on the gimmick here brother....

"What's Elmo Azore doing in the Impact Zone?!?"

• Registered Users Posts: 28,888 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

As someone said elsewhere, that's their CW champ and no 1 contender released/suspended for rape/domestic abuse.
    You know things are bad when remaining guys are getting title shots due to guys in front of them being let go.

So much for the flu/being hospitalised looking back now in hindsight. Disturbing that they'd push on with the romance angle with Jax knowing this was looming over his head.

Enzo is NoMore in WWE

Sorry couldn't resist, I'll get my coat :p

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,188 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

So much for the flu/being hospitalised looking back now in hindsight. Disturbing that they'd push on with the romance angle with Jax knowing this was looming over his head.

Eh? What have you read. I understand WWE only found out yesterday and acted swiftly to suspend him, then fired for not telling them.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,888 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I know they wouldn't bury it, but it had to be hard to keep secret since I'm sure when the accusation was made initially, cops and lawyers would've needed to be involved. It's not like he was in hiding. I'm sure if someone is accused of rape, they would be brought in for questioning.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Journalists bascally saying enzo knew but never informed wwe which has to be the reason they fired him and rightly so tbh.

https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/955876867462041602

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,679 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

sky88 wrote: »
    Journalists bascally saying enzo knew but never informed wwe which has to be the reason they fired him and rightly so tbh.

https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/955876867462041602
    If that's true then he is a bigger eijit then he came across on tv and on his social media. You'd think if something as serious as an alledged rape you'd think you'd tell your employer.

Advertisement