Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swedish Finance minister to asylum seekers: Don't come to Sweden

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Sand wrote: »
    Its good to see that reality is beginning to dawn in *some* areas of Sweden. I say some, as the finance ministers quite realistic appraisal has been disowned by the Swedish government. They're still doubling down on stupidity.

Sweden has effectively doomed itself through multiculturalism. This may have been accidental. Sweden has a population of just under 10 million. In 2012, 15% of them were foreign born. Since 2012 Sweden has seen more than 100,000 migrants join them every single year, with 163,000 arriving in 2016 alone. You cannot simultaneously import a population larger then Malmo every three years (overwhelmingly young men) from the third world and display such lack of confidence in your own society as the Swedes do and expect the new arrivals to integrate. If Swedes have such little belief in their own culture*, why would they expect anyone else to embrace it? If the Swedes think uneducated young men who don't speak Swedish are going to plug right into the Swedish high tech economy or pay for their old age pensions...then they are kidding themselves.

As pointed out earlier, Sweden is on course for 30% of its population to be Muslim by 2050. Two things I would point out is that this was portrayed as the 'high' outcome. Its not, its the projection based on current trends continuing. It doesn't require an increase in migration: just no change, which is likely the 'low' outcome. Secondly, its only highlighting Muslim migrants. Non-Muslim migrants will also be a factor. 'Native' Swedes could be close to a minority in 2050. And given they will be older, and have less children, if they are not then, they will be shortly thereafter. All within less than 100 years.

It will be interesting to see how that works out for them. From a distance.

*Former Swedish PM Fredrik Reinfeldt says Sweden belongs to the migrants, that Swedish borders are imaginary and the Swedes are uninteresting as a people. Swedish Ministry of Culture Ingrid Lomfors claims there is no native Swedish culture. And so on.

And I'll bet that both of these individuals have a veritable rainbow nation of close friends.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

So even Sweden doesn't want any more migrants?

I wonder why?

Maybe the Swedish like democracy and don't want any chance of Sweden being run by a religion.

Seems a lot of people in Iran are getting tired of Iran being run according to religious instructions given by the white caps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭JenovaProject

Things arent working too great for the multi-cultural utopia Sweden.
    Its no wonder they dont want any more asylum seekers.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/teens-roam-streets-with-rifles-as-crime-swamps-sweden-q83g055k9?shareToken=13689fa2de88dd3173bd19172fde1a24

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Jim Bob Scratcher

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/teens-roam-streets-with-rifles-as-crime-swamps-sweden-q83g055k9?shareToken=13689fa2de88dd3173bd19172fde1a24

At the first sign of trouble they should be deported immediately

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭JenovaProject

I suppose they cant really deport the ones that are there a long while but the Swedish PM said he's going to send the army in if it keeps up.
    Total sh1tshow they've created for themselves.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭Hector Bellend

The horse meat will be halal so.

Infidel Horse

• Registered Users Posts: 4,828 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

After 4 years of pi**ing away taxpayers money, the penny has finally dropped for the Swedish limousine liberal's.
    The warm and fuzzy moment has gone.

do gooders won't need to distance themselves from it as it's nothing to do with them.

Uhm, it's got "nothing to do" with the people who invited and welcomed him into the country, no questions asked, no vetting, no background checks, no obligation to integrate with the local population?

How do you make that one out? :confused: Granted it's largely down to the criminal, but "nothing" to do with his facilitators? It's a bit like the owner of a UVF "safe house" having nothing to do with who he knowingly shelters.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Both majority parties do want mass-immigration to continue.
    They are now just making faux plays because in September there is a general election.
    For instance - they are now acknowledging there is Swedish culture and cultural values, something that was racist to say only two years ago.

However, I think a lot of Swedes will be duped by these turncoats and vote them back in, in which case is business as usual with immigration levels enough to fill a large city per year

Sweden immigration 2016 was 163,000 people but has hovered at 100,000 people per year since a long time.
    https://www.statista.com/statistics/523293/immigration-to-sweden/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chrongen

Autochange wrote: »
    They need to be moved to another muslim majority country which has similar customs and conditions to what they are used to.

And what if they are not muslims?

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 406 ✭✭Pepefrogok

Shouldn't be let in at All!

MSVforever wrote: »
    Because nothing can be discussed in Germany without the "Nazikeule". The German right wing party NPD is a bunch of Hitler nutters and no normal person would vote for them.

Every time people critisise Merkels politics they are labeled as NPD Neonazis. Nobody wants to be associated with them obviously so it shuts them up.
    Great tactic from those muppets in charge so there is no real opposition to deal with for now.

It's a tried and true tactic in fairness. Criticise Israeli treatment of Palestinians and you are anti-semitic. Question how a passport can survive a building inferno and you are a conspiracy theorist. Complain about the government giving companies carte blanche to pollute while maximising profits and you are a tree-hugger.

With halal the animal is alive when they kill it

:pac:

Your link relates to Britain, my own is to the Halal certifiers of Ireland, where they explicity state the animal must be conscious.

Stop digging.

Do you have a problem with kosher meat where the same throat cutting procedure is employed but it is actually forbidden to stun the animal prior to slaughter?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Kosher meat is a proud part of our European culture and history where the Jews have always been treated well, the last thing we need is to be importing halal terrorism!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,868 ✭✭✭enricoh

Eye opening article in the Sunday times yesterday about immigrant crime n no go areas in Sweden. It's that bad that Sweden liberal politicians have even given up on denying the problem!
    The rest is behind the paywall, maybe someone can post it all:

Teens roam streets with rifles as crime swamps Sweden

The army may be called in to halt a gang surge in immigrant areas

Edit: didn't see that someone had posted this earlier, with all the posts on halal meat! Thread derailment at it's very finest!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,731 ✭✭✭lertsnim

I suppose they cant really deport the ones that are there a long while but the Swedish PM said he's going to send the army in if it keeps up.
    Total sh1tshow they've created for themselves.

Easily known that this isn't happening in his neighbourhood.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Billy86 wrote: »
    Kosher meat is a proud part of our European culture and history where the Jews have always been treated well, the last thing we need is to be importing halal terrorism!

Is that an ironic post? :confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭A Little Pony

Those of us at the time said it was insane and would cause civil strife and lead to huge social problems. And what do you know, that is now happening. Reap what they sow. Just protect Ireland's border thank you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,059 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Very interesting article.

This bit is apt.
    Criticism of Sweden’s immigration policy has been the prerogative of the unsavoury far right for so long that Sanandaji’s book, soon to be published in English, was blacklisted by some public libraries, despite praise from experts.

“The attacks would have ended my career had I been a white ethnic Swede,” he said.

Libraries censoring books because they don't like some of the facts? When did this end well last time?

If Sweden cannot handle mass migration of this type, can we finally call that its an impossible fallacy to be peruse?

Perhaps we should look on what type of migration works and the quantity over a period of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Those of us at the time .......... you.

The immigrants involved are often Serbian and Bosnian muslim refugees from the yugoslavian civil war. Why is it I don't think I'll find anything about the dangers of serbians entering sweden if I use the boards search function..
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serb_mafia_in_Scandinavia

Tabnabs wrote: »

How are these people getting their hands on grenades? Must be fairly well connected.

Whatever about guns and knives, grenades are a fairly specialty item. They NI paramilitaries rarely used them. They knew how to make pipe bombs but grenades?

Strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,559 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Odhinn wrote: »
    The immigrants involved are often Serbian and Bosnian muslim refugees from the yugoslavian civil war. Why is it I don't think I'll find anything about the dangers of serbians entering sweden if I use the boards search function..

Right, so you see what the outcomes are with the last batch of migrants. Does this tell you anything about the likely success of the current policy on migration? Maybe attention is rightly focused on the current policy?

Is there anything to learn from what has been tried and failed before?

There is also the question of refugees from a civil war that ended almost 20 years ago are still in Sweden.

It's probably not common knowledge that Sweden took on loads of ex-Yugoslavs when they started killing each other.
    Sweden also took in many Serb war criminals that then could live in peace until they were found out.
    Same for Rwanda war criminals and now ISIS war criminals.

If I am not mistaken one of the loudest voices in Sweden at the moment, Angry Foreigner, is from Bosnia.

Of course when the war in Yugoslavia broke out there was no internet, maybe that is why you haven't read about it on boards.

Chrongen wrote: »
    How are these people getting their hands on grenades? Must be fairly well connected.
    From former Yugoslavia...

Grenades not are not even classed alongside guns because Swedes would never stoop to use them. That was 20 years ago though, times change.
    Gangrapes and 10 against 1 fights was also not something commonplace.
    Has Swedes gotten more cowardly or is there something else happening, hmm?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭cycle4fun

Those of us at the time said it was insane and would cause civil strife and lead to huge social problems. And what do you know, that is now happening.
    And it will only get much worse, the "asylum seeker" population will only grow because of the size of their families and relatives etc coming to join them.

Sand wrote: »
    Right, so you see what the outcomes are with the last batch of migrants. Does this tell you anything about the likely success of the current policy on migration? Maybe attention is rightly focused on the current policy?

Is there anything to learn from what has been tried and failed before?

There is also the question of refugees from a civil war that ended almost 20 years ago are still in Sweden.

Not making it all about the muslims would be a good start.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,059 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Not making it all about the muslims would be a good start.

Oddly, I just used the search function and searched for the word 'Muslim' in this very thread.

Do you know who used the word most? You did.

Virtue Signalling prize is in the post.

• Advertisement

markodaly wrote: »
    Oddly, I just used the search function and searched for the word 'Muslim' in this very thread.

Do you know who used the word most? You did.

Yep, its all my fault. The conversation was a rounded and reasonable debate on halal, islam, muslims, birth rates among muslims, projections of muslim population growth, immigration before I destroyed it all.

Advertisement