Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Munster vs Castres, Sun 21 Jan 1pm, Sky Sports

• 19-01-2018 12:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Munster:
    Simon Zebo; Andrew Conway, Chris Farrell, Rory Scannell, Keith Earls; Ian Keatley, Conor Murray;
    Dave Kilcoyne, Rhys Marshall, Stephen Archer; Jean Kleyn, Billy Holland; Peter O’Mahony (C), Chris Cloete, CJ Stander.

Replacements: Niall Scannell, James Cronin, John Ryan, Darren O’Shea, Jack O’Donoghue, Duncan Williams, JJ Hanrahan, Alex Wootton.

Castres:
    15. Geoffrey Palis; 14. Kylian Jaminet, 13. Thomas Combezou, 12. Robert Ebersohn, 11. David Smith; 10. Julien Dumora, 9. Rory Kockott;
    1. Antoine Tichit, 2. Jody Jenneker, 3. Damien Tussac, 4. Alexandre Bias, 5. Thibault Lassalle, 6. Yannick Caballero, 7. Steve Mafi, 8. Alex Tulou

16. Kevin Firmin, 17. Tudor Stroe, 18. Daniel Kotze, 19. Victor Moreaux, 20. Baptiste Delaporte, 21. Yohan Domenech, 22. Yohan Le Bourhis, 23. Afusipa Taumoepeau

Pool 4:
    Munster 16
    Racing 15
    Castres 12
    Leicester 6

Munster host Castres in Round 6 to secure a quarter-final berth and hopefully a home quarter-final. A bonus point win will be the goal to return to Thomond Park in April.

Pear & Bacon Sandwich 4 votes

Yay
    0%
    Nay
    100%
    [Deleted User]Phoneheadthomond2006Jump_In_Jack 4 votes

Comments

• Nay
    Leinster played this fixture away last year and really under estimated Castres barely securing a draw.

I expect Munster to be a lot more ruthless.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭case885

Scannell back is great news, should put him back in to the reckoning for the 6nations.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Nay
    15. Geoffrey Palis; 14. Kylian Jaminet, 13. Thomas Combezou, 12. Robert Ebersohn, 11. David Smith; 10. Julien Dumora, 9. Rory Kockott;
    1. Antoine Tichit, 2. Jody Jenneker, 3. Damien Tussac, 4. Alexandre Bias, 5. Thibault Lassalle, 6. Yannick Caballero, 7. Steve Mafi, 8. Alex Tulou

16. Kevin Firmin, 17. Tudor Stroe, 18. Daniel Kotze, 19. Victor Moreaux, 20. Baptiste Delaporte, 21. Yohan Domenech, 22. Yohan Le Bourhis, 23. Afusipa Taumoepeau

• Registered Users Posts: 4,805 ✭✭✭budhabob

Don't know much about Castres, is this a full strength team?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,554 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

budhabob wrote: »
    Don't know much about Castres, is this a full strength team?
    Pretty much I would think. Not sure what state their infirmerie is in though.

• Advertisement

• Pear goes in a sandwich?!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Pear goes in a sandwich?!

With bacon

Nay
    With bacon

Pepper+pot+-+6

• Pepper+pot+-+6

That lunch is only just about saved by the Belvoir Elderflower

Nay
    That lunch is only just about saved by the Belvoir Elderflower

OMG OMG OMG

I didn't notice the Elderflower.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,130 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Strong Castres side. The first 20 minutes of the game on sunday are unbelievably important. We need to keep them from scoring and pin them down in their own half.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Owta Control

Not on my watch it doesn't!

Nay
    Rory Kockott starting for Castres tomorrow.

image.jpg

Never forget.

What's that ..I've forgotten

• Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Turnipman

Rory Kockott starting for Castres tomorrow.

Never forget.

Is he the only South African player that Munsterbokke failed to sign?

• Nay
    What's that ..I've forgotten

Maybe the best day of rugby ever. 2015 6N, final day.

Apologies my good man, I was being facetious

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

So Munster need to win, get the BP and win by a margin of 5 or more to earn a home quarter final, right?

Or else hope that Ulster lose...?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,248 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Great day, watched 2 1/2 games in the pub, hours after my son was born. Even have Luke Fitz’s jersey from that day. Some day of rugby

Nay
    Munster BP win by 5 points or more = Home QF

• Advertisement

• Nay
    salmocab wrote: »
    Great day, watched 2 1/2 games in the pub, hours after my son was born. Even have Luke Fitz’s jersey from that day. Some day of rugby

Great to hear and congrats, It was an absolutely brilliant day. I watched all 3 games with someone that was sadly at the other end of the timescale in life but I'll never forget the despair after Wales annihilated Italy and then the tepid excitement when we produced magic in Scotland.

I vividly recall the picture of Rory Kockett in the match thread earlier. I remember sharing his exuberance but a small part of my mind going "is this actually real"...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭NollagShona

:D I WAS THERE!!!

439304.png

1934634_59110392886_1198621_n.jpg?oh=5d5640f2352033ae6561627b77d57f94&oe=5AF7A781

ALSO

10399327_16016377886_9827_n.jpg?oh=6912e24d8dceefd29c386ac5cfdb91a9&oe=5AE68454

MILLENNIUM STADIUM GS my fave!

Maybe the best day of rugby ever. 2009 6N, final day.

FYP :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,532 ✭✭✭✭phog

1934634_59110392886_1198621_n.jpg?oh=5d5640f2352033ae6561627b77d57f94&oe=5AF7A781

MILLENNIUM STADIUM GS my fave!

That Tricolour that Stringer has, I threw it into him from stand behind the try line where Bowe scored a try in the 2nd half and ROG had the drop goal.

phog wrote: »
    That Tricolour that Stringer has, I threw it into him from stand behind the try line where Bowe scored a try in the 2nd half and ROG had the drop goal.

What a day! Me and my bro surprised our sis (who lives in Wales) with a ticket!

• Nay
    What a day! Me and my bro surprised our sis (who lives in Wales) with a ticket!

To what?

To what?
    The 2009 Wales v Ireland GS match

• Registered Users Posts: 5,043 ✭✭✭twinytwo

If today goes to the wire, I have zero faith in keatley delivering the goods.

If we had a 10/kicker the calibre of Sexton or Farrell things would be a lot easier.

But then as we saw last week, Munster never do things easy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,361 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

If we leave it to come down to Keatly late in the game, we aren't good enough to progress anyway.

I expect to see us get a couple of early tries from lineouts and bash away at the Castres spirit. Wrap the bonus point up in the first 15mins of the second half and win comfortably.

Again if we struggle at home, then we have no business being in the QF's anyway and would be setting ourselves up for a beating from Leinster/Clermont/Scarlets away. The only ones we might give a bash in an away QF is Ulster- to make up for that shambolic second half over Christmas.

Advertisement