Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Munster vs Castres, Sun 21 Jan 1pm, Sky Sports

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Akrasia wrote: »
    The rain has been bucketing down all morning around here. I'd say if you're at the bottom of a ruck face down, you could drown

That's the risk of standing water alright. I'm just saying from the pics it doesn't look like any standing water. Could be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,262 ✭✭✭Tefral

They definitely have cleared it. If it rains again I'd say it will be called off.

Took a photo there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,413 ✭✭✭chupacabra

Yeah just talked to a Munster rugby rep outside the stadium and he says it’s going ahead regardless of the weather

• Registered Users Posts: 4,799 ✭✭✭budhabob

mfceiling wrote: »
    It's grand. She says she's happy to stay here til the game is over.

Thank feck for that!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭bloodless_coup

Did Sky say they'd still show it? Was very confused for a minute to see the same game on Sky Action and Arena

• Advertisement

Just said on Sky sports that it'll be on SS Action at 4

• Registered Users Posts: 21,596 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

budhabob wrote: »
    Just said on Sky sports that it'll be on SS Action at 4

Are they going to move the La Rochelle Quins game then? That's on Sky Sports action too...

Are they going to move the La Rochelle Quins game then? That's on Sky Sports action too...

That match is currently showing on both arena and action....so looks like some shuffling going on

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

A bit annoying that there’s gonna be a clash now between Ulster v Wasps and Munster-Castres, could they not have just pushed it to 5?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Quint2010

Don't even bother playing the match. Just give Munster the five points now. Casters so won't be bothered even less so now that Racing are on their way to 20 points.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

There does be far too much simulcasting on sky anyway. All their big changes and new launch with all these channels last year and most of the time when there's a live match (football or rubgy) it's on 2 of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭IngazZagni

Ye they said the la Rochelle quins game will now be shown on SS Arena. Munster game on SS Action

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭NollagShona

Game delayed so chance to pay final respects to Dolores

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

I will now have no choice but to go to the pub in order to see both games

• Registered Users Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

thelad95 wrote: »
    A bit annoying that there’s gonna be a clash now between Ulster v Wasps and Munster-Castres, could they not have just pushed it to 5?

4.00 according to Sky.

Fann Linn wrote: »
    4.00 according to Sky.

Yes, but I’d like to watch all of Wasps v Ulster and all of Munster v Castres.

I can of course record Munster v Castres but the idiots on BT will undoubtedly be dropping spoilers left, right and centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

doylefe wrote: »
    Did Sky say they'd still show it? Was very confused for a minute to see the same game on Sky Action and Arena

Yeah they said at the start of the Leicester Racing match they would. Can't remember whether they said arena or action.

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭brendanwalsh

This is descending into a farce. I've a flight to catch from shannon at 9pm, should be ok I hope. If racing win here I might just give away the tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭BarryM

WTF, what is happening? The Leicester v Racing on both channels

Just saw why on Sky sports f***k

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

This is descending into a farce. I've a flight to catch from shannon at 9pm, should be ok I hope. If racing win here I might just give away the tickets.

Hardly a farce. The pitch was clearly unplayable and to be in a position to play the game 3 hours later is a good outcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Rain has started again :mad:

Sky committed an Own Goal with their restructuring of the Sports channels, it leads to an outrageous amount of simulcasting, there’s often a football match on three channels (PL, football and main event) at once.

Rain has started again :mad:

What happens if the game is called off completely? Do Munster face forfeiting for not being able too provide a playable pitch?

There does be far too much simulcasting on sky anyway. All their big changes and new launch with all these channels last year and most of the time when there's a live match (football or rubgy) it's on 2 of them.
    Has to be simultaneous for last pool matches lol

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭brendanwalsh

Lashing here again. :/

thelad95 wrote: »
    What happens if the game is called off completely? Do Munster face forfeiting for not being able too provide a playable pitch?

No will just be postponed to another day.

BarryM wrote: »
    Has to be simultaneous for last pool matches lol

That's not what simulcasting is..................lol

They show the same match on 2 channels the whole time, be it football or rugby, possibly others too.

You can't really blame them for the simulcasting of the Racing game unless you want to watch the ground staff clearing the pitch in Thomond instead :p

• Advertisement

You can't really blame them for the simulcasting of the Racing game unless you want to watch the ground staff clearing the pitch in Thomond instead :p

There was never going to be anything else done in today's circumstances to be fair unless they stuck on premier league years or something.

Advertisement