Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Munster vs Castres, Sun 21 Jan 1pm, Sky Sports

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

4pm kick off

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Munster official Twitter conforming the 4pm kick off. Jesus..........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Jack Kanoff

There are other televised games at that time though..

• Registered Users Posts: 16,200 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Gonna clash with the Ulster game.

Crap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,514 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Surely the pitch will be worse by 4pm

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 21,596 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

That's a ridiculous delay, feel sorry for anyone who travelled to have to wait around that long

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Clegg wrote: »
    Gonna clash with the Ulster game.

Crap.

This is why God (or bill gates or someone) gave us dual screen

• Registered Users Posts: 24,141 ✭✭✭✭Buer

That has massive implications for the pool. The Racing game will be over by 4pm meaning Castres may well completely roll over.

Not good news if you're an Ulster fan either. Wasps now won't go into their game knowing if they're fully eliminated or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Eh I wouldn't be so sure if I was you... certainly a fair few amateur games cancelled this morning.
    There's a lot of amatuer games called off for this morning/afternoon for the conditions.

Yeah cuz those pitches are in ****e already, or are in use for multiple teams and will get torn up.

TP is a professional standard pitch, and probably won't be in use again for a few weeks?

I've certainly played on worse surfaces.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,801 ✭✭✭budhabob

Any idea of TV implications? I had arranged to get rid of the wife at 1.....feck sake rain!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Just arrived in limerick when my mate had it pop up in his Twitter. Handy to do a you turn but so many people still heading to the match.

That’s a huge delay.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

.ak wrote: »
    Yeah cuz those pitches are in ****e already, or are in use for multiple teams and will get torn up.

TP is a professional standard pitch, and probably won't be in use again for a few weeks?

It will be used and anyone who has played will have played rugby for any amount of time will have played on worse surfaces but that doesnt mean this shouldnt be delayed.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,596 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

budhabob wrote: »
    Any idea of TV implications? I had arranged to get rid of the wife at 1.....feck sake rain!

Hopefully should be moved to Sky Sports Arena

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

Potentially pretty good news for Munster. Not for the fans obviously

• Registered Users Posts: 10,361 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Hopefully should be moved to Sky Sports Arena
    Yeah WWE and Netball on at that time. Should be an easy move.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Some fine grounds had games called off today.

You’re just not quite right on this one. Games get called off constantly in Ireland, particularly in December/January. Either waterlogged or frozen. Belvo has games called off today on their main pitch I believe. Rarely happens at Pro level but Ulster had one last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,731 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

budhabob wrote: »

It's grand. She says she's happy to stay here til the game is over.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Munster team bus just left the stadium again :/

• Registered Users Posts: 21,990 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

The rain has been bucketing down all morning around here. I'd say if you're at the bottom of a ruck face down, you could drown

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭4Ad

Stade Francais pitch yesterday was terrible.
    It cleared here a while ago in East Clare (15miles away from Thomond) but gone wet again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gooch2k9

Welford Road is very white...

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Some fine grounds had games called off today.

You’re just not quite right on this one. Games get called off constantly in Ireland, particularly in December/January. Either waterlogged or frozen. Belvo has games called off today on their main pitch I believe. Rarely happens at Pro level but Ulster had one last year.

Sure listen I know, game got called off at Castle Avenue yesterday and we had to move over to the plastic. But that's because that pitch has to be used every other day throughout the season. Playing a full match on it when it's soggy will destroy it and won't give it time to recover.

So either they're unhappy to play on it for a: player welfare, or b: pitch condition.

Both don't make sense to me... Looks fine to play on, and TP will have plenty of time to recover.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,413 ✭✭✭chupacabra

Both team busses have left the stadium now. How likely is it that this gets cancelled?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Quint2010

Alan Quinlan is quite small isn't he?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Sure listen I know, game got called off at Castle Avenue yesterday and we had to move over to the plastic. But that's because that pitch has to be used every other day throughout the season. Playing a full match on it when it's soggy will destroy it and won't give it time to recover.

So either they're unhappy to play on it for a: player welfare, or b: pitch condition.

Both don't make sense to me... Looks fine to play on, and TP will have plenty of time to recover.
    It doesnt at all look fine to me. Its pitch condition which is why there is a delay to kickoff and the pitch condition affects player welfare
    chupacabra wrote: »
    Both team busses have left the stadium now. How likely is it that this gets cancelled?
    Delayed until 4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Jack Kanoff

chupacabra wrote: »

If it rains again I'd say there's a good chance indeed

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

If it rains again I'd say there's a good chance indeed

They're expecting more rain and expecting to play despite it.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Nay
    Castres will know if they have anything to play for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,990 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

The racing players look frozen

Advertisement