Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf XXII - Disney Classics Showdown

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

On the first kill, Mick morphed into Mufasa as niccoyne12 who had the role wasn't around.

Mufasa had two hits, similar to Gaston/the Hook block. It was designed to cause confusion and to somewhat protect the baddies if they were hit.

What did folks think of the near immortal BG? :pac: I loved that inclusion

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Necrominus wrote: »
    On the first kill, Mick morphed into Mufasa as niccoyne12 who had the role wasn't around.

Mufasa had two hits, similar to Gaston/the Hook block. It was designed to cause confusion and to somewhat protect the baddies if they were hit.

Makes sense with Mick. The fact he died nearly immediately afterwards helped too.

As a wolf, I loved the immortal BG. Caused plenty of chaos and gave wolves something to work with :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

So im presuming - if I wasnt modkilled today - village wins??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

An amazing game. Thank you so so much mods for making my week.

An amazing game 6 correct reads in a row, BH counts as well you read him as good.
    Very well played I doubt that will ever be beaten.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,045 ✭✭✭Guffy

Hated it personally

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,437 ✭✭✭tritium

I liked it, I like quirky roles like that. I remember getting really tied up around how the hell can we deal with this- eventually I just figured meh, throw someone at the guns- thankfully corporal Barney obliged, really appreciated them doing us a solid.

Apple was a pain though, i gave it to grumpy I think basically cause I didn’t want to risk sharing it in team, which ultimately was how it ended with strawb and that nearly cost the wolves -that felt a bit too random tbh, some element of influence and decision is good imho

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Well done Duffman, and hard luck to BJ, winner in all but name really considering how it went down.

BJ you're a filthy snake and I'm never giving you benefit again, from now on if I wolf read you, that's it, I'm never backing down :D

Thanks to the mods for a great game, motored along nicely the whole way through

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭MrsFlushdraw

Well done mods. A very enjoyable game. So funny that my slip up helped a few of you realise.

SM you played a blinder as did a few others. I am happy I died when I did.

Thanks again mods. Haven't played in a couple. Enjoyed getting back to it. Or maybe I played one.. Can't think lol

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Well done Duffman, and hard luck to BJ, winner in all but name really considering how it went down.

BJ you're a filthy snake and I'm never giving you benefit again, from now on if I wolf read you, that's it, I'm never backing down :D

Thanks to the mods for a great game, motored along nicely the whole way through

I feel i always look wolfy and you thought ah thats just beaker being himself

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

beakerjoe wrote: »
    I feel i always look wolfy and you thought ah thats just beaker being himself

Nah I never got a chance to answer in game, about my first vote, TB didn't move ahead of you, you talked yourself out of there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

That’s my 3rd game and probably my favorite.

Thanks mods for putting so much time and thought into it. Makes it so much fun to play.

Until next time folks. I’m hooked now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

Also big props to SM. Unreal performance as seer

Well done mods. A very enjoyable game. So funny that my slip up helped a few of you realise.

SM you played a blinder as did a few others. I am happy I died when I did.

Thanks again mods. Haven't played in a couple. Enjoyed getting back to it. Or maybe I played one.. Can't think lol

Yeah you saved my bacon that's for sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭deoxygenated

Congrats Team Alpha! And thanks mods for the game. Was very enjoyable, and I think I even managed to keep up with all the posts this time (until I died at least). Well played!

Yeah you saved my bacon that's for sure!

I thought it was just an apple..... if i knew Bacon was involved I'd of been less rash.

I miss me peeks :(

I dont

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,675 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

StrawBelle deserved to win this for the village but well done baddies haven't been one of you in four games now but someday. Nothing prepares you for being knocked out by Mickey type character (Kane chokeslammed me to hell before) your just left not knowing what to do at least a lynch your prepared for (though that's only happened to me once).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

StrawBelle deserved to win this for the village but well done baddies haven't been one of you in four games now but someday. Nothing prepares you for being knocked out by Mickey type character (Kane chokeslammed me to hell before) your just left not knowing what to do at least a lynch your prepared for (though that's only happened to me once).

Hate to break it to you, but Mogwai was a baddy.

Firstly can I just say how much fun I had playing the game since Sunday. Paired with Barney and Lord TSC, two great teammates if I do say so. Both fun, friendly and courteous the whole time. A joy to work with even on the first day when we all didn’t reveal whom we were and Barn throw massive shade on me on thread before realising he was working with me. Great craic.

The game itself was nicely set up and the mods did had a great game that encouraged fake reveals, had a ton of mystery around it and a lot of tension and suspense as a result. I was baffled at many of the kills, unsuccessful hits and false seer reveals. Great stuff. I felt they handled the Lord mess up fairly and did well in the face of adversity in relation to modkills. Good stuff there Necro, Kolido and Raze (and Pter if he was a mod).

In relation to the Tigger thing I feel I have to speak up. While it didn’t bother me during the game personally, looking at the after math in the back rooms is heart-breaking. I thought Barrys account was a MU guy judging by the terms used but the mask slipped a good few times before his actual Tigger account showed up. It was an unfair advantage.

From my POV I could have done with such a fake account, I always look wolfy as hell no matter what side of the village I’m on. But look what I did, I made the most out of it and ended up in the final 4 of the game despite me posting record levels of poo over 4 days.

Reading Mick, Necro and sKeith all at each other in the backrooms is proof of the damage caused by accommodating a man who not only is aggressive, condescending and downright rude while at the same time so anal about the rules himself when it suits.

During the Milhouse debacle I put that down to me being new and dumb and took tons of abuse from Tigger as I believed it was my fault for not understanding the game right. I was well out of my depth but in hindsight I didn’t do anything wrong. I was a poor player at best and no where near the slander Tigger sent my way ie I was a cheat, I was purposefully trying to break a game (which is rich considering the Community game).

I moved on from that. Despite advice from others not to let Tigger into the WWE game, I never gave it a second thought to him joining the game but Id be lying if I said I didn’t feel anxious that he would some how destroy the game myself and Lord worked so hard on after the Community game.

It sad that we are at this point, but I feel Tigger is a law to himself. He does what he wants to suit himself. To see so many people who make this forum so great speak of the stress he puts them through is just sucking the fun out of the game for me.

I want to enjoy these games. I get that there is frustration and anger at times (sorry Flush for not believing you), but its all in the spirit of the game. Any time I’ve gone too far in any on thread insults, I’ve always followed through with a meaningful apology and the same can be said when the show is on the other foot, I’m always treated with respect from fellow players. I feel this forum has taken me in despite my flaws and given me so many fun experiences.

I wouldn’t want to say we should exclude a player from future games as I would like to believe the community is better with such a great player minus the suffering he causes, but here we are. Tigger is such a fantastic player, can read player like no other and I wish I could have his ability to read people. He takes it so seriously it ruins the fun at times for me. The fact that some players wont play if Tigger plays is devastating.

The aftermath should have been us all taking about Straws amazing run as seer or Duffmans well fought victory or even the apple exploits, but instead its been overshadowed. That’s taken the gloss off of a fine well balanced game.

That’s my 2 cents. Again , thank you mods for doing your best. Sorry about the rant.

• Advertisement

I already miss being Scar

Jeebus this stuff really is addictive

giphy.gif

Flushy, fire up a quick game lol

• Registered Users Posts: 8,045 ✭✭✭Guffy

I killed you twice?

Love playing sk. I fear it will be a while before i get the opportunity again.

sKeith wrote: »

Hate to break it to you, but Mogwai was a baddy.

There are good roles, bad roles and great ones, Mogwai was the latter.

Probably was more engrossed in this game than others even though my real life was far more hectic this time outside of the game

Guffy wrote: »

I killed you twice?

Love playing sk. I fear it will be a while before i get the opportunity again.

#note to self

Kill Guffy next time

:)

#note to self

Kill Guffy next time

:)

Kill him twice, just to be sure

Already had your friday booked off for WW antics? Sure try a bit of codenames

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=105816704#post105816704

Already had your friday booked off for WW antics doing all the work you missed out on Monday to Thursday ? Sure try a bit of codenames

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=105816704#post105816704

Fixed your post party :)

Apologies that I had to pull out of this game last Sunday, I squared it with Necro at the time and he assured me that I didn't withdraw so late as to break the game. Still though, I don't like committing and having to cancel so late, so will do my best to avoid this for future games.

Anyway, I was Beast and would have been the original seer. I never got to be the seer before, or have such a important role, it would have been fun no doubt.

• Advertisement

I was so looking forward to a shift off ya but luckily, Prince Charming came to the rescue <swoon >

Advertisement