Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf XXII - Disney Classics Showdown

Options
  • 07-01-2018 10:31am
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭

The year is 2018.

Disney's global dominance has never scaled a higher plateau. With the addition of more household brand names to the family, more options are open to them than ever before.

disney-logo.jpg

But there is unrest within those that have been members for many years now.

The evil powers of the past have had enough. The time has come to finally take control and assert themselves as the rulers of the land. Added to this, a certain brand ambassador has tired of people stealing his spotlight. A switch has been flipped and now all - good, bad or indifferent - will suffer his wrath.

Meanwhile a band of heroes have joined together to stop the evil presences which grow in power every day from usurping the natural order of the Disney-verse. They have sought refuge in Traverse Town, the last bastion of decency left to them. Accompanying them are the Disney Princesses (NRVs).

princesschar5.png?w=798

Can they co-exist or will paranoia and accusations rip the heroes and princesses apart from within?

Welcome one and all - to Werewolf XXII: Disney Classics Showdown.

Allow us to introduce you to the movers and shakers of the impending battle.

Villains:

Team Magnificent:

tumblr_p1zxt8hrf51w1iw5yo1_400.png

1. Maleficent - Leader - Can choose any role or character to appear as to seer peeks..

2. Captain Hook - evil pirate captain. Has a one time protect for his team mates from any action.

3. Hades - evil priest. Learns roles of those his team have killed.

Team Alpha Male:

tumblr_p1zxzfrnG41w1iw5yo1_400.png

1. Jafar - leader of Team Alpha Male. All powerful sorcerer with three powers activated from Day 2.

2. Scar - Can earn an extra kill for his team if his team kills Simba or Mufasa. If Scar dies before Mufasa and Simba, the extra kill will not carry over to the team (although, if Scar kills eg Simba and then is lynched his team will still gain the extra kill).

3. Gaston - Strong man, takes two hits to kill

And.....
    Serial Killer:

ef97ef9d4c9d17ddd539ab0282e58cfc--zombie-disney-dark-disney.jpg

Mickey Mouse - Has decided that too many Disney heroes and villains are trying to steal his spotlight. Will kill indiscriminately every day at the lynch. Even if Mickey Mouse is lynched he will still get his kill.

Introducing the Heroes (Mod note: Characters in picture may or may not be included in the game)

disney_princes_and_heroes_stained_glass_by_deedee2014-d5nc2gf.png

Heroes:

1. Hercules - can protect 1 person each night - protection lasts munch to munch. If his protect is successful he will block the kill but he and the attacker (whoever placed the kill order) will die.

2. Simba - Has up to 3 kills that can be used anytime after night 0.

3. Genie - Will learn the identity of all who die.

4. Beast - Can use his magic mirror to gain one peek each night after the lynch, which will reveal to him the role of the player selected. The mirror can be fooled though....

5. Aladdin - linked to Genie, can communicate if they find each other. Aladdin will have three chances to guess Genie's identity at any time in the game. If he fails, he will not gain access to the room.

6. Peter Pan - linked to the one closest to his heart. They will know his true identity.

7. Mufasa - Will receive the lynch results each night at 8pm and will have 30 minutes to change the result one time only.

There are also some hidden roles not included in the OP. Who and what they are, that will be up to the players to determine during the course of the game.

RULES
    1. Respect the mods:
    The decisions of the mods are final. Mods will not enter into discussion or arguments on thread about mechanics of the game. There will be a time for review and discussion after the game is complete. The mods have some secrets, but all players have been provided with the information they need to play the game. If you have any questions, please PM Necro, Kolido or raze and we will respond as soon as possible.

2. Don't cheat: This is a game that relies heavily on the players having integrity. No PMing other players in the game, and no chat about the game outside of this game thread and designated back forum threads. No posting of any PM's from the game mod or referring to the content of them. No screen-shots or quoting from backroom threads are permitted. No mass reveals, thanks.

3. No editing: DO NOT EVER EDIT A POST. IF YOU HIT THE POST REPLY BUTTON THEN LIVE WITH IT. YELLOW CARDS AND RED CARDS WILL BE HANDED OUT TO PLAYERS WHO EDIT POSTS

4. Be active: Please all try to reasonably contribute to the game thread and always remember to get a vote in as a minimum. Mods can also kill off inactive players at their discretion. Substitutes will be subbed in where available.

5. Game schedule: Game starts with a slaughter to be revealed at 10am on Monday morning. Slaughters will be revealed at 10am, lynch votes will be revealed at 8pm. PLEASE NOTE THE CHANGE IN LYNCH SCHEDULE FROM PREVIOUS GAMES. From Thursday onwards, if the game is still active, the game enters speed mode. During speed mode, the following schedule will apply: 10am munch; 2pm lynch; 3pm munch; 8pm lynch. Timings may change at the mods discretion.

6. Voting rules: The lynch form will be opened then and players can vote until 07:59:59PM. You can change your vote as many times as you like, but only your last vote will count. Do not share your vote form password with anyone else. All votes for the lynch have to be made by yourself. Two missed votes MAY result in a modkill.

7. Lynch rules: The votes will be published 30 minutes after the Lynch deadline, until Mufasa has used his power. They will be posted in order of who received the most votes and then in chronological order but with no timestamps.

8. Are you dead? People are free to post in the thread until the lynch and slaughter are announced. You are not dead until a post in the game thread announces it. Once you are dead, please don't post in the game thread again. Dead players are also asked to NOT THANK POSTS IN THE GAME THREAD AFTER DEATH. You will be granted access to the deadroom where you can discuss the game.

9. It's only a game: Don’t be a sensitive soul. While boards own forum rules clearly take precedence over any in-game rules, this is a game where people will be insulted, there will be some bad language and people will try to provoke a reaction out of each other. Please accept this is part of the game and don’t go annoying the mods with the report post button unless really needed.

10. Stay in the game world: This game takes place in the Disney-verse and players are encouraged to get on board with the theme. You don't need to reveal your character, but refrain from talking about real life or the world outside the Disney Universe during the game. Have fun, make meme’s, take the piss and try to enjoy the game. THERE ARE NO TASKS ON-THREAD IN THIS GAME.

11. In it to win it: No matter who your character is, good, bad or indifferent, you must play in your character's best interest at all times. PLEASE PLAY IN THE INTERESTS OF THE TEAM YOU ARE REPRESENTING AT ALL TIMES

12. Role Reveals: On death, player alignment (Good or Evil) will be disclosed on thread. Roles will not be revealed apart from to Genie, Hades and the Beast.

13. No meta-gaming: Please try to forget everything you know about previous games and players and approach the game with a clean slate. Don't use information such as online status or other external factors. THIS IS ESPECIALLY IMPORTANT IN A BOARDS ACCOUNTS GAME - Previous game information and the use of it is severely frowned upon and repeated flouting may result in punishments up to and including modkills. This includes backroom discussions for those who may have it.

14. Win Conditions:
    SK Win - the SK gains parity with the village and eliminates the other evil teams.
    Wolf Win - The Wolves gain parity with the village AND eliminate the other evil teams.
    Village Win - All Wolf and SK teams are exterminated.
    There are no joint winning conditions - only 1 team can win, so the game continues until 3 teams are gone, or 1 evil team achieves parity with the village AND the other evil teams are dead.

Due to the change in time of lynches Mods are requesting each player to confirm on-thread they have read and understand rules 5 and 13.

Lynch Form Link:
    https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeuX6sEzAm6PVCqWWSXtCafeEMPKs5RixsUN394kQ1tvGuGrQ/viewform

Player List:
    1. Tritium
    2. Triceratops Ballet
    3. Guffy
    4. Digital Solitude
    5. partyjungle
    6. ardinn
    7. Stu Redman
    8. Banjo
    9. Virtanen
    10. sKeith
    11. duffman13
    12. Bounty Hunter
    13. MrsFlushdraw
    14. Barney92
    15. Barry_Lyndon
    16. Lord TSC
    17. MrKingsley
    18. Drumpot
    19. Mollyb60
    20. MicksJaguar
    21. Strawberry Milkshake
    22. arabtinian
    23. niccoyne12
    24. deoxygenated
    25. DarkDOLLYumi
    26. sullivlo
    27. quickbeam
    28. beakerjoe
    29. grumpylumpy
    Post edited by Boards.ie: Mark on

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

NO POSTING UNTIL WE SAY SO.

THANKS

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Sun Rises in Traverse Town. An ill feeling is in the air.

tumblr_mj1ha8QBFo1rmfaevo1_250.gif

GAME ON.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭Triceratops Ballet

CHOOOOONE!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

How do you play this game again? It's been so long :(:(

quickbeam wrote: »
    How do you play this game again? It's been so long :(:(

What's ur role, I'll give u some tips! :p

• Advertisement

And we're off

It actually feels a bit weird now playing as myselfasaurus we've done so many anon games

What's ur role, I'll give u some tips! :p

I'm the

Oh, wait, that was a trick wasn't it???

You're on my watch list now, girl!!

Was gonna give myself an avatar for the first time, but the Disney options on here are fairly limited. Was gonna pick something dalmationy as that was the film I picked in the sign-up. Ahh well. Will have to remain avatarless I guess.

I'm the

Oh, wait, that was a trick wasn't it???

You're on my watch list now, girl!!

You're always on my watchlist...xx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,946 ✭✭✭duffman13

It actually feels a bit weird now playing as myselfasaurus we've done so many anon games

Im the same, think ive only played one game that wasn't anon.

Oh and i can confirm I've read rule 5 and 13

You're always on my watchlist...xx

I feel so special!!! :D

I'm a little over-excited, getting to play again after not playing in a while. But you'll soon forget about me. I have to stop princessing soon and actually do RL stuff this week that we're not allowed to talk about.

I think there's a word left out in maleifcients description

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Sigh. And I had planned to get back to work again tomorrow. Guess that's out the window now :P

Oh no wait. He can appear as any role he chooses to seer peeks?

Necrominus wrote: »
    5. Game schedule: Game starts with a slaughter to be revealed at 10am on Monday morning. Slaughters will be revealed at 10am, lynch votes will be revealed at 8pm.

7. Lynch rules: The votes will be published 30 minutes after the Lynch deadline, until Mufasa has used his power. They will be posted in order of who received the most votes and then in chronological order but with no timestamps.

These contradict each other. Presume Rule 5 should say lynch votes will be reveled at 8.30pm, right?

These contradict each other. Presume Rule 5 should say lynch votes will be reveled at 8.30pm, right?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Oh no wait. He can appear as any role he chooses to seer peeks?

Yeah, I took that to mean that he gets notified when he's been peeked and he gets to choose what role the Beast gets told.

Thinking that myself, an evil seer or can appear as someone they peek?

I've read 5 and 13, have you?

• Advertisement

duffman13 wrote: »
    Thinking that myself, an evil seer or can appear as someone they peek?

Yeah, I took that to mean that he gets notified when he's been peeked and he gets to choose what role the Beast gets told.

That makes more sense actually

Necrominus wrote: »

10. Stay in the game world: This game takes place in the Disney-verse and players are encouraged to get on board with the theme. You don't need to reveal your character, but refrain from talking about real life or the world outside the Disney Universe during the game. Have fun, make meme’s, take the piss and try to enjoy the game. THERE ARE NO TASKS ON-THREAD IN THIS GAME.

This is going to make life difficult for us if there are no evil tasks to be done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭Barry_Lyndon

I confirm have have read and understand rules 5 and 13 insomuch as they apply to me.

I'm the vig pew pew

I'm the vig pew pew

Well you’re no Prince Charming that’s for sure.

I’m so excited !!!!!!!!

EXCITED!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,574 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

*flounces*

I have arrived! (albeit for a short time as I've dinner with the evil in-laws shortly) I've read 5 and 13 and will comply. And my avatar is long standing and should not be read into for roles etc. I just love Ariel's hair. I have hair envy for a cartoon. Yes.

Now if the wolfies would just reveal themselves on thread that would be super. If Mickey also wants to come out we'll be extra super nice to him I'm sure. :D

Ladies and Gents, Heroes and Villains, Princesses and Paupers...

The mods have an announcement.

A 29th player has entered the fray.

Please welcome....

grumpylumpy!!

giphy.gif

Updated Player List:
    1. Tritium
    2. Triceratops Ballet
    3. Guffy
    4. Digital Solitude
    5. partyjungle
    6. ardinn
    7. Stu Redman
    8. Banjo
    9. Virtanen
    10. sKeith
    11. duffman13
    12. Bounty Hunter
    13. MrsFlushdraw
    14. Barney92
    15. Barry_Lyndon
    16. Lord TSC
    17. MrKingsley
    18. Drumpot
    19. Mollyb60
    20. MicksJaguar
    21. Strawberry Milkshake
    22. arabtinian
    23. niccoyne12
    24. deoxygenated
    25. DarkDOLLYumi
    26. sullivlo
    27. quickbeam
    28. beakerjoe
    29. grumpylumpy

Well you’re no Prince Charming that’s for sure.

I’m so excited !!!!!!!!

EXCITED!

Me Tarzan awwwwwwwwww ooooo awwwwwwwww

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    *flounces*

I have arrived! (albeit for a short time as I've dinner with the evil in-laws shortly) I've read 5 and 13 and will comply. And my avatar is long standing and should not be read into for roles etc. I just love Ariel's hair. I have hair envy for a cartoon. Yes.

Now if the wolfies would just reveal themselves on thread that would be super. If Mickey also wants to come out we'll be extra super nice to him I'm sure. :D

Ariel loves her some Mickey I heard!

Whaa!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭grumpylumpy

Long time no WW

How is everyone?

I have read 5 and 13 and look forward to a week of no work whatsoever

Advertisement