Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Werewolf XXII - Disney Classics Showdown

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

Well played indeed. Apologies for any mistakes made, or offence caused

Duffman, if I ever meet you I'll fire an actual arrow at you for that mind-control :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,437 ✭✭✭tritium

Awesome game guys, thanks to you all for an epic fix of WW

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Whoo-hoo, Duffers - well done on getting us across the line!

Go Team Alpha.

And thank you mods, especially Necro, for a fantastic game

• Registered Users Posts: 7,437 ✭✭✭tritium

Great job duffers!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,587 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Pter wrote: »
    What the **** am I supposed to do in work tomorrow

Its fine, we can do actual work on our own game. Necro doesn't need a break.

Virtanen wrote: »
    Well played indeed. Apologies for any mistakes made, or offence caused

Duffman, if I ever meet you I'll fire an actual arrow at you for that mind-control :D

Mucho fun to watch! Duffers played a blinder that day, keeping his own post count up too, and having conversations with himself!! Loved it!!!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,288 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Access to all rooms should be available to all now.

I'll tidy up in a bit...

I'm absolutely wrecked folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,947 ✭✭✭duffman13

Necrominus wrote: »
    Access to all rooms should be available to all now.

I'll tidy up in a bit...

I'm absolutely wrecked folks.

Unreal stuff from the mods, missed a lot of the drama but you guys kept the show on the road, i thought this would be my last game for a while but the game had so many twists and turns I couldn't but enjoy it.

Thanks to all you guys, really well run

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭grumpylumpy

anyone have a link to the backroom handy?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,947 ✭✭✭duffman13

I'm sure I'll see it in backrooms but wtf was the craic with the Apple! Fecking Apple had me in sweats and i never got it :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,288 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

anyone have a link to the backroom handy?

PMd you there. Not sure if having the link public is allowed. Probably over-cautious. But just in case.

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭grumpylumpy

duffman13 wrote: »
    I'm sure I'll see it in backrooms but wtf was the craic with the Apple! Fecking Apple had me in sweats and i never got it :)

i would love to know!

thank you!

Trit passing it to Grumpy, and the failed conversion was nothing to do with the apple, as we thought.

If somebody got it twice they went in to a coma. Prince Charming had to perform a task to get them out of the coma or both died.

If somebody was killed by a baddie while holding the apple, the baddie that placed the order died too.

Gist of it from a quick read.

Passes to a different player each munch and lynch. If the player holding the apple does not make a decision on who to pass the apple to it will be randomised amongst remaining living players excluding the current possessor.

If a person receives the apple twice they will fall into a deep sleep and can only be revived by Prince Charming completing a task. If the Prince fails to complete the task by the next action (munch/lynch) both the player and the Prince will die.

Should a player holding the apple be killed the evil player who puts in the order will die also.

Ah the apple... The spooky doll of WW XII :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,047 ✭✭✭Guffy

Good game guys. Really enjoyed it mods. Thought i might have sneaked through. Srry not sorry of any feathers were ruffled

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Awesome game (Necro forgetting I couldn't be killed by a power aside :P)

My heart was racing there near the end. Really thought Beaker had it, but so proud of my team for coming so close. I find myself annoyed having to wait till the next game now .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,361 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Congrats Duffers, well played dude. Thanks to everyone for taking part and to Necro and Raze for a great experience modding.

Lord TSC wrote: »

My heart was racing there near the end. Really thought Beaker had it, but so proud of my team for coming so close. I find myself annoyed having to wait till the next game now .

Yeah I'm really sorry about that Lord. Totally missed the protect and had it posted when I realised... was like...

tenor.gif

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Its fine, we can do actual work on our own game. Necro doesn't need a break.

tenor.gif?itemid=3558281

Yeah I'm really sorry about that Lord. Totally missed the protect and had it posted when I realised... was like...

tenor.gif

As I said, it was fine. I think I died at 2PM right as I was running out the door for a while. I had forgotten about it myself in that initial phase of begging I engaged in, and by the time I got back, I had long since accepted my fate. I only realised what had happened when I saw you posting bout it in the back room.

I also totally thought the arrow was a bluff, or I'd have come out as Maleficent to die in a blaze of glory :P

I should have proposed a temporary resurrection as I think Maleficent can do that (She did in Once Upon a Time anyway).

But there's been games where I've got hot when I was killed off and this genuinely wasn't one of them. I think this was the first game I actually kept readi after I had been killed and it was a great read. Kudos to everyone involved, mods and players :)

Lord TSC wrote: »

Was imagining your reaction when you heard you'd been peeked, and were Jafar. Must have been a WTF! What had you chosen to be peeked as?

I'm gonna get this off my chest before I log off for the night.

I won't be partaking in the post game discussion, as I've said to Pter already.

I do think it unfair to call Tigger a cheat, he didn't break any in game rules. I'm not getting drawn on the primary issue, I'm not even discussing it tbh as that was something we as mods agreed to let happen.

I'm not saying everyone will agree with our decisions, but I'll be standing over the decisions we as mods made during the course of the game, and will accept sanctions as lead mod should they be dished out. That's all I'm saying on it.

Now, until the next game, see you folks :)

Don't think I called him a cheat. I think prick was the word I used.

An amazing game. Thank you so so much mods for making my week.

quickbeam wrote: »
    Was imagining your reaction when you heard you'd been peeked, and were Jafar. Must have been a WTF! What had you chosen to be peeked as?

OH! On that...

So, originally I had chosen "Anna" from Frozen. I figured that I had to choose an NRV Princess, and because our first kill got blocked (Mick, btw; that assumption we hit Gaston was wrong. How did Mick survive that btw? Knew it wasn't Gaston, or Herc...), I couldn't assume the role of any other character. So I figured your one from Frozen would be an easy enough role to assume, and maybe even bluff a "I have some connection to an Elsa, but I don't know what. Yet."

And then Flushy had her Mulan moment, and everyone started saying "lol Princess NRVs are Princess NRVs and weren't told characters". I immediately ran to change it to reflect that. Flushy's mis-step, and everyone calling her on it, gave me the chance to change cause otherwise, I was going to fall into that trap :P So the peek should have just been "NRV".

And then ****ing Jafar and his power :mad: Utterly negated my one power. My reactions though were pretty much what I posted on here. I thought BH was lying, and had to be a wolf. I actually floated the Jafar theory, and would have run with it harder, had I not been killed straight after.

• Advertisement

I'm gonna get this off my chest before I log off for the night.

I won't be partaking in the post game discussion, as I've said to Pter already.

I do think it unfair to call Tigger a cheat, he didn't break any in game rules. I'm not getting drawn on the primary issue, I'm not even discussing it tbh as that was something we as mods agreed to let happen.

I'm not saying everyone will agree with our decisions, but I'll be standing over the decisions we as mods made during the course of the game, and will accept sanctions as lead mod should they be dished out. That's all I'm saying on it.

Now, until the next game, see you folks :)

Except for rule 1,3,8 and 13

so not bad from him really :pac:

Advertisement