Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Friday 29th December

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Really curious to see how Fabulous Saga runs here after his last run. Absolutely bizarre race at Cork that he won by a street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Urindanger

Almost want Faugheen to get beat just so see that clown Chapman implode.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

Urindanger wrote: »

It would be shock of the century even with Mullins out of form, he could be 20lbs under par and still win

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Holey jaysus

Faugheen is been pulled up

That doesnt look good at all

• Advertisement

I take it back. Jesus Douvan and Faugheen finished in the one year, say it ain't so.

Raging had a long long long look at Mick Jazz this morning and thought cop yourself on a half fit Faugheen would ate them all

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Auroras_encore

Shemale wrote: »
    Raging had a long long long look at Mick Jazz this morning and thought cop yourself on a half fit Faugheen would ate them all
    Aye course you did 😂

Yorkhill for CH?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Shanee.

Faugheen will never again be seen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

Yorkhill for CH?

You would have to think so now, and Limini maybe if fit

2 years is a long time in racing
    I remember cheltenham 2016 Ch4 were doing the morning line just as WPM's posse arrived, they were grazing outside the studio
    You had Faugheen, Douvan, Annie, VVM, Yorkhill, Limini and of course the magical Vautour
    Alice Plunkett was nearly at herself she was so excited looking at this "never before seen yard of superstars"
    They had a very good festival that year, but its such a different story now.......

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Done Mick Jazz w/o Faugheen. Typical.

Russell is some pilot.

I remember cheltenham 2016 Ch4 were doing the morning line just as WPM's posse arrived, they were grazing outside the studio
    You had Faugheen, Douvan, Annie, VVM, Yorkhill, Limini and of course the magical Vautour
    Alice Plunkett was nearly at herself she was so excited looking at this "never before seen yard of superstars"
    They had a very good festival that year, but its such a different story now.......

2015 chief. Faugheen won the CH in March 15 anyway. :o Mad to think it was that long ago. 3 years come March.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Auroras_encore

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Done Mick Jazz w/o Faugheen. Typical.

Russell is some pilot.

Nobody cares about your after timing

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Nicholls was the same when he had Kauto, Denman, Master Minded and Big Bucks. Four of the best of all time.

These things come in swings and roundabouts.

2015 chief. Faugheen won the CH in March 15 anyway. :o Mad to think it was that long ago. 3 years come March.

Actually, i think it was 16, and Faugheen wasnt one of them! Show you how much they had wouldnt it!
    The year WPM threw away a GC to win a handy Ryanair!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭mulbot

mdwexford wrote: »
    Nicholls was the same when he had Kauto, Denman, Master Minded and Big Bucks. Four of the best of all time.

At least these were naturally talented;);)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Nobody cares about your after timing

Ask me bollocks.

Don't start your spoofing now chief!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭handsfree2

mdwexford wrote: »

Henderson had too with Sprinter Sacre, Simonsig, Bob's Worth, finians rainbow, Riverside theater all winning at Cheltenham in 2012

Don't start your spoofing now chief!! :D

TIS A FACT LAD!!!! :)

He had his biggest chance and he bottled it to win a miserable ryanair!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭piplip87

What have we learned at Lepordstown this week

1) Faugheen, Sizing John and Yorkhill ante post bets for March where not as smart as we thought.

2) Ruby is a massive loss and Mullins may start charming Kennedy/Power for back up. Bapume yesterday for example I think Ruby could have closed the gap. Low sun too no way Ruby would have being bet on the line.

3) Mullins is off form massively. Beaten short price favourite's everywhere.

4) Joseph o Brien could be a dark horse and rattle home plenty of winners come spring

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭handsfree2

piplip87 wrote: »
    What have we learned at Lepordstown this week

1) Faugheen, Sizing John and Yorkhill ante post bets for March where not as smart as we thought.

2) Ruby is a massive loss and Mullins may start charming Kennedy/Power for back up. Bapume yesterday for example I think Ruby could have closed the gap. Low sun too no way Ruby would have being bet on the line.

3) Mullins is off form massively. Beaten short price favourite's everywhere.

4) Joseph o Brien could be a dark horse and rattle home plenty of winners come spring

You can't blame the jockeys for the horses being off form

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BoroMan32

Johner wrote: »

We bred The Gunner Murphy in the bumper, I see JP has acquired him after his bumper win at Galway, hoping he does the business tomorrow. Joseph thinks an awful lot of him.

Hung the whole length of the straight. There's plenty of ability in there if Joseph can get it out of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭piplip87

handsfree2 wrote: »
    You can't blame the jockeys for the horses being off form

Never blamed the Jockey, said two horses which ran well that the Ruby factor may have had them closer.

piplip87 wrote: »

Not sure if this is a joke? Joseph could be a dark horse? Joseph looks a very talented trainer and there were plenty of comments when he was a jockey to this effect, Leopardstown had told us nothing new about Joseph.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Conas

Actually, i think it was 16, and Faugheen wasnt one of them! Show you how much they had wouldnt it!

He surely he did. He overreacted because Vautour lost by a head to Cue Card in the King George, which he would have learned a hell of a lot from. He could have beat Don Cossack in the GC.

Mullins makes bizarre decisions at times. I'm still baffled with what he did with Douvan last year. Running him in two pointless Grade 2's.

Conas wrote: »
    He surely he did. He overreacted because Vautour lost by a head to Cue Card in the King George, which he would have learned a hell of a lot from. He could have beat Don Cossack in the GC.

Mullins makes bizarre decisions at times. I'm still baffled with what he did with Douvan last year. Running him in two pointless Grade 2's.

Vautour would have won that GC, he just would.
    Mullins maybe not have another chance like that for a long time the way things are going now

• Advertisement

Conas wrote: »

Easy to say that the King George was what swayed Willie but people forget it was more or less an 11th hour decision from Willie. Relegating a horse from the Gold Cup to the Ryanair at the last minute tells you everything, or should do, about the calibre of horse that Mullins thought Vautour was able for at the time.

Advertisement