Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Friday 29th December

Options
  • 28-12-2017 5:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭

Looking forward to seeing Faugheen out again but could the Punchestown run been hard on him as it was for Yorkhill & SJ? Paul Townend having a horrid day today will want to recoup tomorrow.

Any ideas why On The Shannon was out for nearly 13 months? Entered in the 12.20 tomorrow. Ballyward a similar situation in the 12.50.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭hawaii501

Monalee surely does the business especially with the stable flying.
    Beat a decent horse in Any Second Now and Sutton Manor who have both ran well since.

May double up with Paddy in the bumper for the muggy double.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Mossback looks overpriced in the 1.55 at 16/1. Won a very good novice chase at Naas and the step up in trip should suit.

We bred The Gunner Murphy in the bumper, I see JP has acquired him after his bumper win at Galway, hoping he does the business tomorrow. Joseph thinks an awful lot of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭handsfree2

hawaii501 wrote: »
    Monalee surely does the business especially with the stable flying.
    Beat a decent horse in Any Second Now and Sutton Manor who have both ran well since.

May double up with Paddy in the bumper for the muggy double.

I'd be happy to take monalee on tomorrow. I'm not sure what with though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭maximo31

The Ballyboys in limerick tomorrow to repeat last year's race win. Few quid coming already. 6/1
    Liz Doyle's in the bumper at Limerick could run the fav close. 11/2.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

handsfree2 wrote: »

Rathvinden

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Johner wrote: »
    We bred The Gunner Murphy in the bumper, I see JP has acquired him after his bumper win at Galway, hoping he does the business tomorrow. Joseph thinks an awful lot of him.

Joey was talking him up big time in an interview with Emmet Kennedy last week. Hopefully he wins for ye.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Andalucia

Midnight Stroll in the 3.05, was very impressive last day - reckon still ahead of the handicapper

Monalee, Lets Dance and Ballyward for the short priced treble

• Registered Users Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭piplip87

Bon papa ew
    Forge media
    Let's twist again
    Lasoscar
    Middle in merdina
    Karalee

Last day until Cheltenham trials day for me so go out with a bang....

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Donal McInerney is riding at both meetings tomorrow, has a ride on the fav in 3.15 at Limerick for JP & Charles Byrnes

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Mr321

Karalee 6s small ew 1.20 for me today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭gazza1

At Doncaster HIGH JINX 2.05 is very interesting. Former Group 1 winner and rated 107 on the flat makes his hurdle debut aged 9yrs. If taking to the sticks could hack up. Brian Hughes takes the ride which is a positive for me.

Have also backed DINARIA DES OBEAUX EW 1.55

BOL

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭HarshOstrich

Short price super Heinz

12.50 ballyward 10/11
    1.20 let’s dance 4/6
    1.55 monalee evens
    1.00 Kate Appleby shoes 4/6
    2.10 fabulous saga 5/6
    3.15 off you go 10/11
    3.45 crezic 6/4

1 euro super Heinz cost 120 and could potentially return 1775, 5 winners would still return a profit.

A couple others I might fit in and take out others
    12.15 Southwell mr carbonator 3/1
    3.30 Southwell Star ascending 15/8

Anyone any strong fancies and think any of my pics are weak

gazza1 wrote: »
    At Doncaster HIGH JINX 2.05 is very interesting. Former Group 1 winner and rated 107 on the flat makes his hurdle debut aged 9yrs. If taking to the sticks could hack up. Brian Hughes takes the ride which is a positive for me.

Have also backed DINARIA DES OBEAUX EW 1.55

BOL

Racing abandoned

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

I said it earlier in the week that I didn't think Mullins horses were running to form, there is something amiss there, pity there isn't a half decent one to take Faugheen on with.

Good To Flow is screaming at me in the 3:05 at 50/1, last eight races have all been right handed, last run 14 days ago looked to be going well and seemed to drop back through the field very quickly so may have been a pipe opener. Sneaks in at the bottom here with a 7lb claimer, in last two races on left handed tracks, was beaten 12L by Pravalaguna(Ruby on board and getting 4lbs) in Navan and 6L by Fayonagh(getting 4lbs) in Naas. If it can reproduce close to those two left handed runs the 50/1 on offer in a weak race looks too good to be true.

Mr Champers in 12:20 is another one catching my eye Keightly is a fair man for plotting a horse, this gets in at the bottom and has a tongue strap and pieces fitted for this one.

I am also punting Mortal, Lady Buttons, The Gunner Murphy and Moulin A Vent

• Registered Users Posts: 7,329 ✭✭✭naughto

Johner wrote: »
    Mossback looks overpriced in the 1.55 at 16/1. Won a very good novice chase at Naas and the step up in trip should suit.

Mossback Non runner

• Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

Dinaria does obeaux was always looked at as a chaser and she gets shedloads of weight off the rest of the field. Had no chance last time by going left all the way around and should be better suited by Leopardstown. I like Monalee but think he's silly short and fair chance he gets beat.
    Slippery serpent in the 3.05
    Was hoping to see some money for him as I feel hes been given a fair mark but despite being weak I've gone in anyway. Had a poor run 2 runs back when he wasn't right, had a spin since and ran with credit and could be ready to progress again now tackling handicaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

handsfree2 wrote: »

I like Jury Duty at 17/2 this morning. Won well on the 19th Nov beating Presenting Percy & Shattered Love very well. Should run well

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

Monalee, Lets Dance, Machine backed in treble

Cant have rathvinden after seeing how poorly DD ran subsequent to their race
    Formline from that race hasnt worked out too well atall

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Some rotten drift on the Mullins horse in the first at limerick...1/2 out to 6/4

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

Ballyward beaten

Accas on the floor everywhere!!!!

• Advertisement

akelly02 wrote: »
    Some rotten drift on the Mullins horse in the first at limerick...1/2 out to 6/4

Hardly rotten, his horses are running well below par all week.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Wowful run from Mullins other mare.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

Dinaria does obeaux was always looked at as a chaser and she gets shedloads of weight off the rest of the field. Had no chance last time by going left all the way around and should be better suited by Leopardstown. I like Monalee but think he's silly short and fair chance he gets beat.
    Slippery serpent in the 3.05
    Was hoping to see some money for him as I feel hes been given a fair mark but despite being weak I've gone in anyway. Had a poor run 2 runs back when he wasn't right, had a spin since and ran with credit and could be ready to progress again now tackling handicaps.

Monalee is super short, but he was always going to be a chaser. Whatever he done last year was just a bonus. Should beat this field if he is to do the biz at Cheltenham. Super horse. JURY duty the only danger for me. DeBrom is on fire at the moment.

305. I backed Mischievious Max the last day at Cheltenham. Out the back and rattled home. Certainly explains why it has a string of seconds, trying to beat the handicapper. It will win today on that ground. I have taken a few prices this morning and its price has coincidentally collapsed. Hope its not a banger!

On the allweather just back Rossa Ryan. He has won 6 of the last 8 races he has been in. The otehr 2 he was beaten a nse and and length into second. Determined kid ? I think so. His 7lb claim will be gone in a flash at this rate. He has 2 remaining mounts today.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Taking on Monalee with Jury Duty at 15/2 ew

• Registered Users Posts: 35,816 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Moulin A Vent ew for me
    Think it can go close

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Bookies laughing again

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

Bookies laughing again

Elliot too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Real headscratcher Irish racing is the form is bonkers.

Had it backed and watching on phone so could be way off but Moulin A Vent after the error with about 2 miles to go made no effort to make up 6L to sit behind the pack, seemed to be travelling kindly enough and could have been involved.

Any thoughts?

• Advertisement

Why are they finding Leopardstown so hard to jump the obstacles, must be something to do with shadows and low sun.
    Monalee was jumping lovely.
    Back to front running next time

Advertisement