Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swedish Finance minister to asylum seekers: Don't come to Sweden

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

monnies wrote: »
    ireland is already doing that
    55 refugees are moving into a new centre beside leo vardkaers house

They should not be moved into a centre.

They need to be moved into the community. Into proper housing.
    Moving people into a centre builds an "us v them mentality".

• Site Banned Posts: 39 monnies

Irish people will not pay the tax rates necessary to fund such a system.

We are not an altruistic nation in the Scandinavian meaning of the word.

we don't need money to do that
    we have free cash from the united nations and imf,
    open up the borders
    knock down that wall mr gorbachav

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Autochange

They need to be moved to another muslim majority country which has similar customs and conditions to what they are used to.

• Site Banned Posts: 39 monnies

They should not be moved into a centre.

They need to be moved into the community. Into proper housing.
    Moving people into a centre builds an "us v them mentality".

i agree 100%
    even though germany is the role-model in dealing with refugees,
    if you look you can see a lot of videos online of horrific refugee centres in germany
    4-500 men from every country under the sun living in converted government buildings,
    and unfortunately some nationalities are being the top-dog and bullying the less powerful nationalities (don't want to mention nationalities as i am not racist)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Here’s a radical idea that won’t go down well.

You set up a camp. With all the amenities they need. Each family have their own home. They cook for themselves. Have everything provided. Entertainment the lot. They are welcome.

All they have to do is learn the language and culture of their host country. For six months a year? They do this for 8 hours a day five days a week. They’re basically at school studying to integrate into the culture.

If they need after that they study for a career. They become welcome, productive members of society. They themselves have a self worth and a purpose.

When they are ready they integrate where they are needed. Not lumped into ghettos.

Crazy. I know…

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭redcup342

http://sverigesradio.se/sida/artikel.aspx?programid=2054&artikel=6848940

Thats a bit worrying for the future isn't it. Maybe integration can work in other countries? Germany's taken in an awful lot of them.

A lot of who .. wtf .. this is the most dipsh*t post i've seen in ages ..some Irish lad posting some link about a country he knows shag all about.

Some Dutch guy sent me a link to a well respected Dutch News source today referencing the "Irish Mirror" a reputable news source about two lads getting married in Ireland to avoid tax.

Are we more worried about "them" ? or the "not Gays" ?

mad muffin wrote: »

You set up a camp. With all the amenities they need. Each family have their own home. They cook for themselves. Have everything provided. Entertainment the lot. They are welcome.

All they have to do is learn the language and culture of their host country. For six months a year? They do this for 8 hours a day five days a week. They’re basically at school studying to integrate into the culture.

If they need after that they study for a career. They become welcome, productive members of society. They themselves have a self worth and a purpose.

When they are ready they integrate where they are needed. Not lumped into ghettos.

Crazy. I know…

I dont want my tax money used to pay for that. Why cant i have a free house, entertainment, healthcare and schooling?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭server down

redcup342 wrote: »
    A lot of who .. wtf .. this is the most dipsh*t post i've seen in ages ..some Irish lad posting some link about a country he knows shag all about.

Some Dutch guy sent me a link to a well respected Dutch News source today referencing the "Irish Mirror" a reputable news source about two lads getting married in Ireland to avoid tax.

Are we more worried about "them" ? or the "not Gays" ?

Two lads did get married to avoid tax.

Autochange wrote: »
    I dont want my tax money used to pay for that. Why cant i have a free house, entertainment, healthcare and schooling?

We could have a fair and equal society where no one goes without. We have the means to achieve this… if we really wanted to.

We could have a fair and equal society where no one goes without. We have the means to achieve this… if we really wanted to.

Human nature and greed would never allow this to happen. Its a pipe dream.

• Advertisement

Autochange wrote: »
    Human nature and greed would never allow this to happen. Its a pipe dream.

That’s the sad truth.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭Ronaldinho

A noble ambition, but do we really have the means?

Insofar as GDP is a good measure, the economy is booming and yet we're barely balancing the budget.

Edit: As things stand we rank very highly Internationally in terms of social supports.
    We need to not lose the run of ourselves to ensure we can provide this support on a sustainable basis.

I think the penny has now dropped across Continental Europe that a sustainable welfare state and unfettered immigration are exceptionally difficult to maintain in tandem. Although it's probably more to do with the political fallout we've seen because of these issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

130people were killed in the monsoon floods in the phillipines today aswell

Filipino users must be insulted the only time the disaster there is mentioned is in response to muslim threads

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

I was in Balbriggan first time in many years a few days back and there is some demographic change there!

Not saying it's a bad thing but it's noticeable.

Balbriggan is the guinea pig for Ireland. It’s not working well.

There’s a Facebook group called Balbriggan against Racism. Where this sort of stuff in the pics below goes on... Nobody wants to talk about it, just shut down any concerns.

The “racist” post was a post warning taxi drivers to be careful after a taxi driver was beaten and robbed by a gang of black teens.

There was another post with a video of some man shouting abuse at a gang of black young lads, they recorded it and posted it in that group trying to make out they were the victims. It stayed up until someone came along and said they witnessed the whole thing and the young lads pushed him around, threw abuse at him and only recorded the part where he got mad. The post was promptly deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Think Sweden is a bit late to change it's current course of action. PEW stats show Sweden could be up to (high scenario) 30% Muslim by 2050.

Screen_Shot_2017-12-24_at_00.32.54.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Sweetemotion

Irish Man Prank Calls Muslim Phone Show

:D

Can't see these two cultures ever intergrating.

Think Sweden is a bit late to change it's current course of action. PEW stats show Sweden could be up to (high scenario) 30% Muslim by 2050.

Ireland 4.4% Muslim by 2050?

I'm almost annoyed it's so low. I understood from AH that we were on the cusp of a mosque in every townland and Sharia law in our Courts.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

You set up a camp...

Eeeeeek

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,177 ✭✭✭PeterParker957

Ireland 4.4% Muslim by 2050?

I'm almost annoyed it's so low. I understood from AH that we were on the cusp of a mosque in every townland and Sharia law in our Courts.

This is exactly the point - the numbers are so low (but increasing) and yet the amount of bending over backwards to them is insane.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,006 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

I wonder is the fact that Sweden is in the midst of a credit fuelled housing boom, anything to do with the unrest they're experiencing in their society? Just a thought

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    I wonder is the fact that Sweden is in the midst of a credit fuelled housing boom, anything to do with the unrest they're experiencing in their society? Just a thought

Yeah you're right.

Maybe they should take in more to add extra fuel to the fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,804 ✭✭✭take everything

Irish Man Prank Calls Muslim Phone Show

Can't see these two cultures ever intergrating.

Funny stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭BowSideChamp

all jokes aside,
    why don't we copy the scandinavian social system,
    they are ranked in the top 5 in the world

Yeah, I don't want to copy anything Sweden has done in the last 10years. They have basically destroyed themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭Don't Chute!

Yeah, I don't want to copy anything Sweden has done in the last 10years. They have basically destroyed themselves.

Yeah you're dead right. I arrived in Sweden last night for Christmas and the place is an apocalyptic nightmare. Bands of moozelims roaming the streets looking for children to eat. The in-laws dragged out of their house and the place burned down. It's horrific over here send help PLEASE!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Assetbacked

http://sverigesradio.se/sida/artikel.aspx?programid=2054&artikel=6848940

Thats a bit worrying for the future isn't it. Maybe integration can work in other countries? Germany's taken in an awful lot of them.

Who says it's working in Germany? It's notoriously underreported in the German media when crimes are comitted by refugees and the sentiment for parties with anti-refugee policies is growing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Odhinn

This is exactly the point - the numbers are so low (but increasing) and yet the amount of bending over backwards to them is insane.

Could you give me a few examples of this in relation to ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Yeah you're dead right. I arrived in Sweden last night for Christmas and the place is an apocalyptic nightmare. Bands of moozelims roaming the streets looking for children to eat. The in-laws dragged out of their house and the place burned down. It's horrific over here send help PLEASE!

I'm sorry, but it's too late. We can't take the risk of a muslam breaking the quarantine. God be with you in your last moments.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭pitifulgod

My life has literally faced no impact from Muslims in Ireland. Worked and lived with plenty over the years. Lived next to a Muslim community center. Still not affected.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

pitifulgod wrote: »
    My life has literally faced no impact from Muslims in Ireland. Worked and lived with plenty over the years. Lived next to a Muslim community center. Still not affected.

For some reason, some people think that not being **** to someone is bending over backwards for them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

pitifulgod wrote: »

Chances are you've probably already had 'halal meat' in one of the many national/international food chain stores or takeaway joints whether you like it or not.

Across the water Lancashire council is currently embedded in a legal challenge regarding distribution to 27 schools under it's control. Around 200 Subway shops across the UK no longer offer to serve ham/pork.

Just up the road in a major food plant in Dungannon they process Halal lamb, sheep and mutton using this slightly old fashioned (non-stunned) way.

Advertisement