Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car deliberately ploughs through pedestrians in Melbourne, Australia

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,360 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

How many of the 1,500,000,000 have access to the Western world?

How many have committed atrocities in the Middle East i.e. how many soldiers/supporters have Al Queda, Al Shabaab, IS, The Armed Islamic Group, Boko Haram, The Taliban, Islamic Jihad Union, Jamaat-ul-Mujahideen Bangladesh, Ansar Bangla, Harkat-ul-Jihad-al-Islami, Lashkar-e-Taiba, Jaish-e-Mohammed, Al Badr & Hizbul Mujahideen, The Abu Sayyaf Group, Muslim Brotherhood got?

I'm gonna guess that your 1/5,000,000 number will be a lot smaller.

Well, my impression was that the discussion was focussing on 'Muslim terrorism' in Western countries.

But if we expand the discussion to include the Middle East and Asia, then how many people from Western countries have slaughtered how many Muslims in the past 20 years?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

How many of the 1,500,000,000 have access to the Western world?

How many have committed atrocities in the Middle East i.e. how many soldiers/supporters have Al Queda, Al Shabaab, IS, The Armed Islamic Group, Boko Haram, The Taliban, Islamic Jihad Union, Jamaat-ul-Mujahideen Bangladesh, Ansar Bangla, Harkat-ul-Jihad-al-Islami, Lashkar-e-Taiba, Jaish-e-Mohammed, Al Badr & Hizbul Mujahideen, The Abu Sayyaf Group, Muslim Brotherhood got?

I'm gonna guess that your 1/5,000,000 number will be a lot smaller.

So your solution is what?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

BillyBobBS wrote: »
    So everything points to this being a terror attack from the usual suspects but we are being told it's not a terror attack?

By everything do you mean just his religion or have there been further updates from the police?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭ForestFire

Well, my impression was that the discussion was focussing on 'Muslim terrorism' in Western countries.

But if we expand the discussion to include the Middle East and Asia, then how many people from Western countries have slaughtered how many Muslims in the past 20 years?

If that was your intention why did you start your sentance with their are x Muslims in the world?

Then you ask why others are expanding, when in fact you it was you that done it.

ForestFire wrote: »
    If that was your intention why did you start your sentance with their are x Muslims in the world?

Then you ask why others are expanding, when in fact you it was you that done it.

Because I thought being Muslim was the problem according to some posters. Thought that would be obvious. So, 1500000000 Muslims and perhaps 300 'terrorists' who have committed atrocities in Western countries.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,574 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

Because I thought being Muslim was the problem according to some posters. Thought that would be obvious. So, 1500000000 Muslims and perhaps 300 'terrorists' who have committed atrocities in Western countries.

Where are you getting 300 from?

Terrorists are the just the tip of the iceberg of the poison that is the islamic faith.

Where are you getting 300 from?

Terrorists are the just the tip of the iceberg of the poison that is the islamic faith.

See my previous posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

There are over 20,000 lions in the world but only like 4 or 5 of them have eaten a human. Lions are grand. Pet them.

There are over 20,000 lions in the world but only like 4 or 5 of them have eaten a human. Lions are grand. Pet them.

I'd suggest you shouldn't do that. All lions are dangerous wild beasts. You could get badly hurt.

I'd suggest you shouldn't do that. All lions are dangerous wild beasts. You could get badly hurt.

I’ve seen people hugging lions on TV.
    #notalllions

• Advertisement

tumblr_mc4wb7j4Xf1r38hk2o1_500.jpg

Moderate lions.

You used a worlwide population figure for muslims but only western figures for an occurance, to come up with a percentage value.

Can you not see the issue with that?

That's like me claiming :-

Human population is 7.6 billion.
    Cardiovascular disease deaths per year in Ireland is 10k

Chances of dying due to heart disease 0.000013.%

You used a worlwide population figure for muslims but only western figures for an occurance, to come up with a percentage value.

Can you not see the issue with that?

That's like me claiming :-

Human population is 7.6 billion.
    Cardiovascular disease deaths per year in Ireland is 10k

Chances of dying due to heart disease 0.000013.%

Not at all. Unless you have data such as...

Country of origin of each 'terrorist'.
    Which branch of Islam.
    The depth of their faith and religious practice.
    And so on.

...all we can say about Muslim 'terrorism' in Western countries is:

1500000000 Muslims and probably less than 300 perpetrators.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,026 ✭✭✭Odhinn

tumblr_mc4wb7j4Xf1r38hk2o1_500.jpg

Moderate lions.

Lion to the fore in the picture is on twitter with allegations of inappropriate contact against the guy in the middle.

See my previous posts.

I did, and you seemed to just pluck the number 300 out of your ar*e.

I did, and you seemed to just pluck the number 300 out of your ar*e.

Do you have an alternative point of view or is that the extent of your ability?

Do you have an alternative point of view or is that the extent of your ability?

Well at least he is not making up data and statistics like some people.

You admit you don't have the data but quite happily still make it all up to suit your point of view. (Im not even saying you wrong but please dont pratronise us with fake data 'professor')

Well at least he is not making up data and statistics like some people.

You admit you don't have the data but quite happily still make it all up to suit your point of view. (Im not even saying you wrong but please dont pratronise us with fake data 'professor')

Sure. But my theory remains unchallenged by any facts. Do you have any facts?

So your allowed a theory and the rest of us need facts .... is that how you would like this to work

How about you present some facts

So your allowed a theory and the rest of us need facts .... is that how you would like this to work

How about you present some facts

I've presented my theory. Nobody has challenged it with any facts. Including yourself. So what's your theory?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

But yet you present the number of muslims in the entire world and then only look at the number of terror attacks perpetrated in the Western world.

Talk about fooking cherry picking figures to suit your argument.

I guess you definitely are not a professor of statistics.

Ah yes the tried and tested "shure it's all the fault of the yanks, etc".

The thing is muslims in the muslim world are more than happy to slaughter each other, without any prompting.

Isn't a bit rich of you asking others for facts when all you have given us is mismatched stats ?

Fook it with that mindset there is a damn good chance you will be promoted to moderator status soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

I've presented my theory. Nobody has challenged it with any facts. Including yourself. So what's your theory?

My theory is you are talking out of your hole.

I wonder how many people agree with that theory.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭pitifulgod

jmayo wrote: »

I think we can be pretty comfortable in the fact that a tiny proportion of 1.5 billion Muslims are terrorists. He's not saying anything outlandish. Plenty of us work with people from all sorts of backgrounds, I have plenty of Muslim work colleagues, I will never treat them differently because of what a minority of Muslims have engaged in and I will not put blanket judgements on Muslims which many in this thread appear to.

But yet you present the number of muslims in the entire world and then only look at the number of terror attacks perpetrated in the Western world.

Talk about fooking cherry picking figures to suit your argument.

I guess you definitely are not a professor of statistics.

Ah yes the tried and tested "shure it's all the fault of the yanks, etc".

The thing is muslims in the muslim world are more than happy to slaughter each other, without any prompting.

Isn't a bit rich of you asking others for facts when all you have given us is mismatched stats ?

Fook it with that mindset there is a damn good chance you will be promoted to moderator status soon.

You seem upset. Maybe it's a touchy subject for you.

Anyway, haven't Christians being slaughtering each other for centuries across Europe? Hindus and Sikhs in India? Buddhism in Myanmar, Thailand and Sri Lanka? And so on. So sectarian genocide isn't confined to Islam.

People say that Islam is evil because of attacks such as described on this thread (though this appears not to be a terrorist attack). There are 1500000000 Muslims and, at most, there have been 300 perpetrators of 'Muslim' atrocities in Western countries.

So no facts or any theory. Just childishness. OK.

Thank you, you are proving my point.
    Lions as a species are to be handled with care.
    Muslims are members of the species homo sapiens, and that species can also be violent and dangerous.
    To suggest it's just Muslims is just silly. Americans are statistically 1000 times more dangerous

edit:
    I'd suggest the people bleating "Jaysis, its all dem Muslim's, dems proper dangerous, so tldey is!" don't know a single one of them personally.
    Maybe it's my background as a German. My parents have experience of people who rise to power through hate and aggression and like to point fingers at a group to scapegoat them.
    That sh*t ain't gonna fly and I suggest you are no better than the radicalist assholes you're decrying.

You seem upset. Maybe it's a touchy subject for you.

Anyway, haven't Christians being slaughtering each other for centuries across Europe? Hindus and Sikhs in India? Buddhism in Myanmar, Thailand and Sri Lanka? And so on. So sectarian genocide isn't confined to Islam.

People say that Islam is evil because of attacks such as described on this thread (though this appears not to be a terrorist attack). There are 1500000000 Muslims and, at most, there have been 300 perpetrators of 'Muslim' atrocities in Western countries.

Any actual proof of this though?

Any actual proof of this though?

My theory is that this is a maximum figure. What's your opinion?

Before there is any misunderstanding about my motives.
    I would happily take actual members of ISIS and feed them feet first through a garden shredder Fargo style.
    Why? Because I hate and detest any group of people that preaches wholesale hate.
    And that goes for any group, I don't care which side you're from. Anyone condemning an entire group or race or religion based on nothing else is a hateful asshole, no argument.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

My theory is that this is a maximum figure. What's your opinion?

In 2016 alone there were over 340 arrests for Islamic terrorism offences in the U.K. alone. Or am I morning the goalposts on you again because you are only counting the lads that actually slipped through the net and actually killed people.

Advertisement