Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car deliberately ploughs through pedestrians in Melbourne, Australia

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

A ferry carrying 251 people has capsized in stormy seas off the east coast of the Philippines, the coastguard says.

A spokesman said a number of casualties had been reported. Huge waves are said to have caused the boat to overturn.

But hey...it's the Philippines.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭SuperSean11

I burnt my toast this morning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

I wonder who was behind it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭Baron Kurtz

Bob Harris wrote: »
    A ferry carrying 251 people has capsized in stormy seas off the east coast of the Philippines, the coastguard says.

A spokesman said a number of casualties had been reported. Huge waves are said to have caused the boat to overturn.

I'd say you've been waiting for this thread for a while. I'm glad it arrived for you so you can now get on with your day.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭King George VI

What are you getting at? Your news has a higher human injury count, so it trumps the Australia attack? This is a deliberate attack and that was an accident from what I can see. Get over yourself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

I wonder who was behind it?

Germans again.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,730 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Got some news alerts about this.

Yes, we hope no one dies and injuries are not permanent, but from some reports it talks of people being thrown into the air.

None of us will ever understand the mindset of a person or people who do this. For most the thought of even doing this accidentally is a most horrific thing, to do it deliberately makes one think how detached these people are from the vast majority of people on the planet who are good people.
    A tiny, tiny minority of people who have no good in their heart can do so much damage to a lot of people and see it as some achievement.
    You would wonder how anyone could become so detached from the human race, so detached from their own loved ones, they must be as most people think about others and the loved ones of others when something bad happens.
    It is just terribly sad in so many ways that this detachment exists and a selfishness and evilness exists that blinds people from what is good.
    We can only hope for the best for the people affected and wish them and their families the best.

What are you getting at? Your news has a higher human injury count, so it trumps the Australia attack? This is a deliberate attack and that was an accident from what I can see. Get over yourself.

Is there any point in dumping a news story that is on every single online news site on AH? Yet another 'is it / isn't it' terrorist attack or crazy drunk thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,937 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Rick Shaw wrote:
    Germans again.

Are yea mad, it's clearly the work of the travellers, or maybe the unemployed!

Is there any point in dumping a news story that is on every single online news site on AH? Yet another 'is it / isn't it' terrorist attack or crazy drunk thread.

It most certainly 'is' as usual.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,484 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

I knew it, hipsters again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Have you a link to the thread you've set up??:rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

Or news piece?

Fake News

I don't bother dumping freely available low level interest news stories on AH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

I was in Melbourne at the time although did not witness it. Think my brother was closer. Apparently car was doing high speed at least above 80km and no doubt it was deliberate. A good few pedestrian streets around Sydney and Melbourne have had concrete bollards installed recently and both have quite a high police presence on alert. Thats the world we are living in nowadays unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭SnakePlissken

Bob here doesn't give two sh#ts about the victims of the Philippine' s sinking, that his is the first reply to this thread is a clear indicator that he, like a vocal number on here, are on high alert for these incidents so that they can immediately downplay their impact.

My thoughts are with the victims, here's hoping they each pull through.

Bob here doesn't give two sh#ts about the victims of the Philippine' s sinking, that his is the first reply to this thread is a clear indicator that he, like a vocal number on here, are on high alert for these incidents so that they can immediately downplay their impact.

My thoughts are with the victims, here's hoping they each pull through.

The victims in Melbourne or in the Philippines?

Indeed..I am on high alert..scouring boards and other forums so I can make sure my agenda of downplaying such incidents is fulfilled. Take off the tinfoil hat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,177 ✭✭✭PeterParker957

The victims in Melbourne or in the Philippines?

Indeed..I am on high alert..scouring boards and other forums so I can make sure my agenda of downplaying such incidents is fulfilled. Take off the tinfoil hat.

Anyone playing "left wing multiculturalism is great deny everything" bingo ??

Tick off "tinfoil hat" there.

Anyone sweating ???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

So a car attack in Melbourne caused a ferry to sink in the Philippines?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,695 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Video of another person who is in police custody (allegedly the same incident))

https://www.liveleak.com/view?i=4a5_1513844959

• Registered Users Posts: 34,565 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I don't bother dumping freely available low level interest news stories on AH.

You do bother replying to them though.

o1s1n wrote: »
    You do bother replying to them though.

It's the only way to make the thread some bit interesting. And of course..I must get my agenda across.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭bloodless_coup

Looks like a Muslim to me.

doylefe wrote: »
    Looks like a Muslim to me.

Ssshhhh, the thought police will have you there!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭bloodless_coup

Ssshhhh, the thought police will have you there!

Looks like a Muslim, acts like a Muslim....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭baylah17

doylefe wrote: »
    Looks like a Muslim, acts like a Muslim....

Are Muslims good actors? I mean do they do well at the Oscars etc?

baylah17 wrote: »
    Are Muslims good actors? I mean do they do well at the Oscars etc?

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭quintana76

Just showing where his true loyalty lies. Islam always comes before nation or in this case basic gratitude.

Advertisement