Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NANO (ex RaiBlocks)

Options
  • 14-12-2017 2:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

Instant transactions
    Zero fees

Anybody else holding some of these? - Has moved up 100 places in coinmarketcap in the last week
    Back when I first heard of bitcoin in 2012ish holders where telling everyone how BTC was going to kill western union with quick inexpensive transfers. We all now know that BTC is not able to fulfil these goals. As impressive as blockchain is, it has a lot of limitations so I started looking at alternatives which lead me to DAGs.
    First IOTA which has also done well despite it being far from finished, and then RaiBlocks which seems to be far closer to a finished product. Limited to two small exchanges at the moment with a rumour of a third this month. 

Is it too good to be true? I'm particularly interested in the technical aspects of it

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭snowstreams

I heard about it from tweets.
    Just tweets that said it will end badly, so ive ignored it so far.

Must look into it now after reading your post, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

I was looking into it but the exchanges are under attack and seem to be always down. Might try again at the weekend, tech sounds promising, particularly the scaling part.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭DVD-Lots

Hodling a small amount but getting nervous with the exchange as they keep going down and unable to withdraw to wallet anytime I try......could get stung on this one but had high hopes of it getting to $5 in early Jan for a x10 return. Poor exchanges (Bitgrail) could kill this one if it doesn't get on any of the bigger ones.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Also like the look of this one - but could not get into any of the exchanges. If that changes please let us know.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

What criteria has to be meet in order for a coin to be listed on some of the bigger exchanges?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,033 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Whelo79 wrote: »
    What criteria has to be meet in order for a coin to be listed on some of the bigger exchanges?

They just have to decide to support it.

Finally got them off Bitgrail and into a wallet, not an easy thing I have to say. Now it's dropping like a hot snot, down to $1.68 atm, hodling and might buy in more if it goes down a bit more. Some good potential if they can get off these crappy exchanges.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭NotVeryHappy

Now up about 10x in 2 weeks

An interesting AMA on reddit with the founder: https://www.reddit.com/r/RaiBlocks/comments/7ko5l7/colin_lemahieu_founder_and_lead_developer_of/

Also seems to be quite popular on reddit in general

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Gutted I did not get in on this when I first had a good feeling about it.
    Is it still early do you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭NotVeryHappy

Now in the top 25 and past 11 dollars per XRB/1.5 billion MC. Seems to be my only coin performing recently. Can see it being a top 10 coin with the shilling on reddit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭KilOit

Great coin, bit too quick on growth, all hype really.
    Fan of IOTA and this, interesting to see it get on Binance

• Registered Users Posts: 6,411 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

4000% in a month. ****ing hell. Will pull back a bit surely.

4000% in a month. ****ing hell. Will pull back a bit surely.

It has no supply to trade on exchanges, so the small supply is driving up the price. When Kucoin exchange lists it it could take a nose dive but maybe not :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Im a big fan of it! Before the current hype I bought a lot of it. Moved it around a bit, very very fast as promised.
    What I'm not a fan of is the desktop wallet is ugly and doesn't seem to ever finish syncing.

Terrible wallet but a new LITE version due next month, hopefully an improvement. Just hit $12 there.....oh wait, make that $13 and still climbing. Unreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

Really like this as a coin.

Regretting not taking a position at $3.30 now. Was waiting for a correction each day since, but it's got some serious momentum and very hard one to call.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

daRobot wrote:
    Regretting not taking a position at $3.30 now. Was waiting for a correction each day since, but it's got some serious momentum and very hard one to call.

Ye this is a common occurrence with people waiting for a dip.

People on reddit are saying its going to dip when it goes on new exchanges. Other coins moon when on new exchanges why would this dip?

Zascar wrote: »
    People on reddit are saying its going to dip when it goes on new exchanges. Other coins moon when on new exchanges why would this dip?

Im also confused by this logic.

Also, some poor sod just screwed up and put the decimal in the wrong place, selling 15btc worth for 1/9th the value!! Likely causing the brief flash crash:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/RaiBlocks/comments/7mue0f/hold_fud_attack_against_xrb_and_bitgrail/

Zascar wrote: »

General consensus is that the exchanges hold very little coins and that most of the coins are held in wallets and if a new more reputable exchange adds it, people will transfer to it to trade with it.
    I did something similar with Bitfinex on IOTA, bought the coins and put them straight into the IOTA wallet, when Binance added IOTA i moved some over to it.

Not much trading going on with Bitgrail, it seems to be used to mostly buy Raiblocks

• Advertisement

KilOit wrote: »
    General consensus is that the exchanges hold very little coins and that most of the coins are held in wallets and if a new more reputable exchange adds it, people will transfer to it to trade with it.
    I did something similar with Bitfinex on IOTA, bought the coins and put them straight into the IOTA wallet, when Binance added IOTA i moved some over to it.

Not much trading going on with Bitgrail, it seems to be used to mostly buy Raiblocks

Yeah but what has that to do with the price per coin question?
    Also Bitgrail's only purpose is to sell Raiblocks, its their own exchange.

Matt Simis wrote: »
    Yeah but what has that to do with the price per coin question?
    Also Bitgrail's only purpose is to sell Raiblocks, its their own exchange.

Supply and demand, low supply high demand

It's getting a lot of attention though and rightly so, has massive potential. I'd think that if it got on one of the big exchanges it would rocket as many more would buy it. A lot of people are too lazy to go sign up to a new exchange, and BitGrail were suspending new accounts yesterday I was told.

KilOit wrote: »
    Supply and demand, low supply high demand

Yes but his question was why would it dip if on a proper exchange.. it would expose literally thousands more people to it who cant/arent on Bitgrail and/or havent heard about it. The only supply of the asset is those who sell their coin purchased on Bitgrail, which would be a constrained supply situation (as not everyone will just sell as they already can sell it if they wanted at current rates). This would also contribute to an increased price. The only way it couldn't would be if no one wanted it at all on the other exchanges, which given the publicity its now getting seems unlikely.

EDIT: Basically what Zascar said.

Unrelated to the pricing thing, where are people storing their coins (ie what wallet)? Im unsure of https://raiwallet.com as it seems to be a volunteer effort and not official. I used a big Litecoin Web wallet back in the day and was robbed of 21 LTC as the guy running it just rang off with the coin after about 3mths of operation. :(

The Raiblocks desktop wallet just will not sync.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

Yep, if this goes to Binance (which is where I would imagine it would go, given their diverse portfolio), it will rocket. Can't imagine how anyone would think otherwise.

Was crashing hard there, was down to $10.71 according to Coinmarket, looks like there is a FUD campaign spreading all sorts, bounced back to $12 in the space of a few minutes. Rollercoaster yawl.

C'mon the pull back so I can get me some of this!

Wow really crashing now. I just sent over some more eth to buy more - but I read on reddit that its more expensive to buy with eth. Is there much of a difference?

Anyone want to take a guess at the price of the floor? Id be surprised if it went down much more, this coin has a very bright future..

• Advertisement

Can you buy it for ETH? I thought it could only be bought through BTC.

Advertisement