Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NANO (ex RaiBlocks)

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,953 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Are people using https://raiwallet.com/ or any alternative suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭h0neybadger

mik_da_man wrote: »
    Are people using https://raiwallet.com/ or any alternative suggestions?

I'm using that. Very fast and responsive.

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭jonny_b

I have litecoin in bitgrail wallet. Can I change this to btc on their exchange to buy raiblocks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭Gryzor

Buy BTC with your LTC, buy XRB with that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 141 ✭✭cravings

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 766 ✭✭✭wannabecraig

cravings wrote: »

Yeah, this is how I bought mine.

Are there any phone wallets for XRB?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭WhiteMemento9

Looks like Ledger support will be coming soon enough.
    Ledger CEO here. To encourage independent third party developers and to support the XRB community we have decided to waive the fees for code review, publication and support.

As soon as you have a production ready solution please notify us and we'll proceed to the integration. If you are not already on our Developer Slack send me a PM with your email so I can invite you. We'll create a private channel there to help you on the development.

Thank you for your efforts!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

It won the vote! Maybe 10days to get it on Binance, then the march to a top 10 coin!

Voting Results Votes %
    1st - RaiBlocks (XRB) 12945 53.57%
    2nd - Experience Points (XP) 6936 28.70%
    3rd - DragonChain (DRGN) 1232 5.10%
    4th - DeepBrain Chain (DBC) 963 3.99%
    5th - Reddcoin (RDD) 535 2.17%

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭jonny_b

cravings wrote: »

Great thanks I couldn’t see that on the phone version

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

After the upset of the network problems earlier this week let's hope today we see a new floor and build from that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Is it still time to get on this?

Have a few but seems like now is the time to get on board (pre-Binance)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Yes, definitely.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭lordlame

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Is it still time to get on this?

Have a few but seems like now is the time to get on board (pre-Binance)

Yes, definitely.

Thanks

The idea of logging into Kraken just drains me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

At least you can get on kraken. Over two months and I am still not verified.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Thanks

The idea of logging into Kraken just drains me!

It's so bad, took me 30 mins to withdraw some funds this morning, this server upgrade that they are advertising is taking way too long. They really should have shut down registrations like a lot of other exchanges have done in the last weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,532 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

30 mins? Most people would give an arm and a leg to only be delayed 30 minutes at the minute!

The price is performing very well when you consider it relatively in today's market.

Seems to be a bit of scandal brewing with DADI and SONM - looks like DADI have plagiarized SONM’s whitepaper.

One of the directors of DADI is on the Raiblocks core team

Would probably hold off any further investing until this is cleared up

lordlame wrote: »
    Seems to be a bit of scandal brewing with DADI and SONM - looks like DADI have plagiarized SONM’s whitepaper.

One of the directors of DADI is on the Raiblocks core team

Would probably hold off any further investing until this is cleared up

His Answer

josephdenne (DADI Founder)

We respect SONM - we think it's one of the best projects out there

And the SONM white paper was one the best that we've seen. We absolutely learnt from it and leant on it when informing the structure of our own paper

As has been pointed out, this is clear when looking at the high level theoretical architecture for the contract logic on page 38 of our paper

However this is where the similarities stop. In terms of the important bits, the actual technical implementation (we both have testnets), there's not a shred of crossover. Our core technologies are completely different

We are two projects in the same space, but we are not directly competing. Rather we complement each other in what is a very large market

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

How big a problem is this - Will it blow over? I've heard a lot of good things about DADI. No longer worth investing in or not?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,981 ✭✭✭McCrack

As warren buffet said..

Be afraid when others are greedy and be greedy when others are afraid

Zascar wrote: »
    How big a problem is this - Will it blow over? I've heard a lot of good things about DADI. No longer worth investing in or not?

I don't think it was that affecting the price. Just lots of profit taking going on. It was hard to take profit when XRB was on BitGrail. The people with a lot of it can only cash out 5 BTC/day on BitGrail so this would have been the first time for the whales to be able to move large volumes out. Hopefully that should flatten off and the increased volume will turn into price rises.

That is purely my own speculation above and I could be completely wrong.

It has been added to yet another exchange.

https://coinfalcon.com

First exchange added that has a direct fiat deposit option.

Completely new exchange to me but it looks very slick and is European based.

Only xrb pair on it is BTC by the looks of things.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭covfefe

His Answer

I saw this yesterday, I hadn't heard of DADI but invested in the SONM ICO and had read their white paper thoroughly, there was blatant plagiarism in the DADI whitepaper.

The DADI whitepaper also said they would be building technology using Yandex.Cocaine, but one of the creators of the Yandex.Cocaine is in the SONM team and Sergey, the SONM lead developer/CEO, let DADI know that their use of the technology was unfeasible, DADI promptly removed any reference to that from their whitepaper (as well as the plagiarised parts).

https://twitter.com/CryptoCobain/status/949662369583640576

Doesn't look good for DADI, but I also see the RaiBlocks have been quick to distance themselves from DADI which is good for them.

This looks to have had a positive impact on the SONM price as well (up 45% today), it's been flying under the radar recently but I think it will go up and up from here.

Currently holding 25% of my portfolio in this

Not liking the current downward trend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

Currently holding 25% of my portfolio in this

Not liking the current downward trend

Similar here. Has been bouncing around for the last week to be fair. Going to give it until the middle of the week and hope for the best.

Kucoin out of step with BitGrail and Bit-Z so will be doing my trading there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Shauny2010

Short term interest has gone, but long term this is a great prospect. You can always just hodl or else take profits and come back when the interest returns again

Exchange issue with Kucoin, Bit-z and Mercatox are not helping either - down to $25 now

• Advertisement

lordlame wrote: »
    Exchange issue with Kucoin, Bit-z and Mercatox are not helping either - down to $25 now

Doubt these issues are helping concerns over underlying technology (white paper and scalability)

Message on Kucoin XRB deposit page

"The RaiBlocks wallet is not stable enough, we are working with RaiBlocks team to stablize the wallet client, deposits might be delayed but your funds are very safe."

New tech with such a meteoric rise you have to expect teething problems. One of the lead developers said in an AMA that they needed scale to really put it under pressure so they could test the limitations and find any problems and they were only going to find that out through volume. It looks like the Kucoin deposits are starting to filter through.

Hopefully they will have learned and the transition to Binance goes much smoother as a result.

Another euro drop this afrernoon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭Laviski

ride it out,
    when it get on binance and more exchanges should see vast improvement

Laviski wrote: »
    ride it out,
    when it get on binance and more exchanges should see vast improvement

It is not often I say this but I will be riding this all the way to the ground if it comes to that. Unless there is something known in the background not public which is causing the price shift this coin is far too good to not be a great long term hold.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Thinking of getting in now. Kucoin the best bet?

Pussyhands wrote: »
    Thinking of getting in now. Kucoin the best bet?

Yes, probably the best option at the moment.

Nice bit of movement at last this evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Is there many planning to buy when this finally hits Binance?

Conflicted about whether it's going to rise much if at all when it hits Binance, sure it's a big exchange but so many people interested in Raiblocks have already bought it and a lot in the hopes it will go up when it hits Binance

Wondering if people will panic sell if it doesn't start rising as soon as its on Binance, with expectations of a price rise whats enough to keep people happy and not selling? 10% in 24 hours after hitting Binance?

• Advertisement

Was hoping it would drop until I can get funds into binance!!

I bought way too much of this at a high price :)

I’m riding this one harder and longer than the Gf

I bought way too much of this at a high price :)

I’m riding this one harder and longer than the Gf

Had to use all the will power to stop me consolidating other coins into this during that dip.

More news on the way sooooon.

https://twitter.com/XRBRaiBlocks/status/950117332201984005

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

That'll be the rebrand, I guess.

Pussyhands wrote: »

Was hoping it would drop until I can get funds into binance!!
    Good luck to you, coz it's not on Binance yet.

Good luck to you, coz it's not on Binance yet.

Sorry, meant Kucoin...

• Advertisement

Do people think this can get to 100 this year or is it reddit shills?

I think so. Lets see what happens after the rebrand and the listing on Binance. I think $50 fairly soon.

The coins shilled on Reddit have done pretty well as late..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,346 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Came here to post the same!
    1) Why is it so damn hard for exchanges to implement XRB properly? ;)

2) What changes will you need to make when they rebrand?
    The 'short' answer is that RaiBlocks is a different technology with different limiting factors that traditional (mined) coins do not have. Exchanges are used to dealing with the norm, which RaiBlocks is not. Exchanges are generally used to having only one large 'hot wallet' per cryptocurrency along with a cold wallet for offline storage of excess funds. XRB is a completely different technology that does not scale for individual accounts in the way a regular blockchain does, and that's where the majority of the problem lies when you're dealing with sudden surges of deposits and withdrawals.

I want to make something very clear: the XRB protocol still scales. It scales massively. Just not for individual accounts. A single account can do no more than 6 transactions per second with the best hardware in the world. That is by design.

While it's true that there have been software issues in the node such as crashing, desync, and lagging behind, the majority of them have been fixed. The core team has been working their ass off. But again, these are not problems with the XRB protocol. They are growing pains. Simple implementation details.

So, how am I solving these issues then?

There are two variables in scaling RaiBlocks to the level of transactions that exchanges do:

The number of nodes you run
    The number of accounts you store your funds in
    The benefit of increasing the number of nodes you run is obvious. However, the number of accounts may not be. The reason for needing more accounts is because, as I said earlier, a single account can only do (in theory) 6 transactions per second at best, and more around one transaction every 2 seconds for the average cloud server.

However, combining these two things introduces extra problems that primarily stem from the fact that two nodes very rarely ever have the exact same ledger. With coins like Bitcoin everyone's data is updated at the same time in 'blocks', whereas on XRB every account has its own chain that can update independently from everyone else. For something like an exchange, having data that isn't strongly consistent is a big no no.

As such, you have to have a consensus model. You need to wait until all of your nodes have the exact same set of data on an account before you can reliably transmit further data out. You could just firehose it and hope for the best, but that's shown to be a bad idea. This is not Bitgrail's fault, but that's what they were running into at one point - a node would think it broadcasted a block but the broadcast failed. As such, every block after that was invalid and their entire withdrawal system would fail until they fixed it manually. You would see 'invalid block' in the explorer. This bug has since been fixed.

Assuming your control software isn't singlethreaded and running on a single server, you're going to have to put in a ton of extra work to make sure everything has safe concurrency. Read locks on the data, synchronous writing, and fair queuing to ensure no single request ends up being blocked forever. You also now have to implement automatic systems for internal ledger balancing.

All in all, it requires a lot more work on the software side to ensure scalability but also data integrity.

That's the gist of it.

Came here to post the same!

All well and good but I've been sitting here on the launchpad for a couple of week wearing an uncomfortable spacesuit and helmet going nowhere.

Edit: I feel rumbling on Kucoin now.

• Advertisement
Advertisement