Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NANO (ex RaiBlocks)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

Message from Raiblocks Troy.

Update on the current state of exchanges (largest to smallest):

KuCoin- Deposits working, Withdrawals not yet activated. We are ready to go on our end and are in communication with KuCoin about an ETA.

BitGrail. Deposits working, Withdrawals not activated. Also ready to go on our end and talking with Bomber.

RightBTC- Deposits and Withdrawals available

Mercatox- Deposits unavailable, Withdrawals not activated. No Communication. (I think the owner has done a runner with everyone's coins)

Bit-Z- Deposits and Withdrawals available.

Coinfalcon- Deposits and Withdrawals available.

Bitflip- Deposits and Withdrawals available.

Binnace??

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭h0neybadger

Binnace??

Binance have previously cancelled coins going live due to leaked information.
    Rai core team won't say a single word apart from "we have no information to provide at this time" when it comes to Binance.

And rightly so. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

There was alot of talk about doubling the price once it hits Binance before the past weeks slide. Id be happy to have it reach my buy in price once it hits binance at this stage :)

Hope everyone's feeling a lot better today now that Rai is on the rise again.

cant imagine it being too much longer before it goes on Binance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭WhiteMemento9

Mercatox- Deposits unavailable, Withdrawals not activated. No Communication. (I think the owner has done a runner with everyone's coins)

Maybe some good news for anyone that is holding coins here but it looks looks like Mercatox has started processing RaiBlocks withdrawals.

• Advertisement

Yeah, seen earlier that they are processing stuff manually. Guess their systems are just a mess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

Yeah, seen earlier that they are processing stuff manually. Guess their systems are just a mess.

Still no withdrawal on Kucoin. Nasty drop there in the last while. All today's gains wiped. Frustrating coin.

https://www.reddit.com/r/RaiBlocks/comments/7ra93j/kucoin_withdrawal/

Wombatman wrote: »
    Still no withdrawal on Kucoin. Nasty drop there in the last while. All today's gains wiped. Frustrating coin.

https://www.reddit.com/r/RaiBlocks/comments/7ra93j/kucoin_withdrawal/

I think your tracker might be malfunctioning. I can't see any significant drop.

Withdrawals look to be enabled on Kucoin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭DVD-Lots

Yeah just testing there but it's taking ages. They must be getting hammered with requests for withdrawals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

DVD-Lots wrote: »
    Yeah just testing there but it's taking ages. They must be getting hammered with requests for withdrawals.

kucoin is falling over, took me 3 days to move some erc20 tokens off the exchange earlier in the week

Yeah it's not looking good, tried twice and they aren't going through. They're not even completing the withdrawal, not appearing in active or dealt orders.

Something doesn't add up for me...cant put my finger on it.

Just an FYI for everyone
    When Kucoin first listed Raiblock back at the start of the month I transferred them straight out of Bitgrail.
    It wasn't lightning fast but showed up in my Kucoin account a few hours later with no pending deposits sitting on Kucoin before they were available

DVD-Lots wrote: »
    Yeah it's not looking good, tried twice and they aren't going through. They're not even completing the withdrawal, not appearing in active or dealt orders.
    Where are you withdrawing to

Raiwallet.

Something doesn't add up for me...cant put my finger on it.

11 transactions a minute:confused:
    https://rai.watch/#/

I thought the USP of this coin was it's ability to process transaction at 7kps?

Whole lot of money in those Kucoin representative blocks.
    Are people putting these into their Rai wallets so they can upload them faster to binance once listed or simply just for storage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Shauny2010

seannash wrote: »
    Whole lot of money in those Kucoin representative blocks.
    Are people putting these into their Rai wallets so they can upload them faster to binance once listed or simply just for storage

When exactly will it list on Binance, as this would be a big move if it happens

Shauny2010 wrote: »
    When exactly will it list on Binance, as this would be a big move if it happens

Binance have previously cancelled coins going live due to leaked information.
    Rai core team won't say a single word apart from "we have no information to provide at this time" when it comes to Binance.

When it eventually gets listed, no one knows except Binance staff. And perhaps Raiblocks core dev team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

A lot of of panicking going on with raiblocks. I wouldn't be too concerned. If you believe in the coin, stick with it. Their impressive (lattice) blockchain technology with 7000+ transactions per second would be enough for me to hold for the next 12 months+

thunderdog wrote: »
    A lot of of panicking going on with raiblocks. I wouldn't be too concerned. If you believe in the coin, stick with it. Their impressive (lattice) blockchain technology with 7000+ transactions per second would be enough for me to hold for the next 12 months+

Not so sure anymore. Problems integrating with exchanges. Transactions processing speed nowhere near what was promised (15/min vs 7kps). A lot reactive software development going on, with daily patches and optimizations. The Reddit community is trying to stay positive because they all have skin in the game but I'm staring to feel uneasy with this one. If things don't improve dramatically on existing exchanges, Binance could be a long way off.

Not so sure anymore. Problems integrating with exchanges. Transactions processing speed nowhere near what was promised (15/min vs 7kps). A lot reactive software development going on, with daily patches and optimizations. The Reddit community is trying to stay positive because they all have skin in the game but I'm staring to feel uneasy with this one. If things don't improve dramatically on existing exchanges, Binance could be a long way off.

This is all though an exchange exclusive problem. I am not trying to sugar coat it and it is pretty terrible but it is only specific to exchange platforms and vendors who want to receive RB as a payment solution don't have these problems.

It is a new technology and growing pains are to be expected. The fact the devs are so open and transparent about everything is a major plus. Without such a decent community and good devs I think many projects would have folded under the recent problems.

I may be completely deluded but I have bought more on the recent dip.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Hmm.. where are you getting this 15min stuff from? The merchant who was testing Raiblocks (in the real world) on the big Reddit thread questioning instant found it was taking 5-20seconds to complete (and thats far slower than instant). 15min sounds like the problems the exchanges had/have as they are running just one wallet/node (like running one seed host in torrent network then saying "torrents are slow", they arent, thats not how to use it). They need to change how they operate with Raiblocks.

https://www.reddit.com/r/RaiBlocks/comments/7ri2pl/lets_talk_about_instant/?limit=500

Said merchant has since deleted the post as the upto 20sec delay was a router config problem. You can test Raiblocks speed yourself, its stupid fast.

XRB withdrawals from BitGrail back online.

Matt Simis wrote: »
    Hmm.. where are you getting this 15min stuff from? The merchant who was testing Raiblocks (in the real world) on the big Reddit thread questioning instant found it was taking 5-20seconds to complete (and thats far slower than instant). 15min sounds like the problems the exchanges had/have as they are running just one wallet/node (like running one seed host in torrent network then saying "torrents are slow", they arent, thats not how to use it). They need to change how they operate with Raiblocks.

https://www.reddit.com/r/RaiBlocks/comments/7ri2pl/lets_talk_about_instant/?limit=500

Said merchant has since deleted the post as the upto 20sec delay was a router config problem. You can test Raiblocks speed yourself, its stupid fast.

You can see the rate of transaction processing here. This is the real world.

see that's the thing we're seeing the real logged transactions which are nowhere near the speeds envisaged - yet no clear explanation from the devs.

Look I'm holding for the long term on this, but i do think communication needs to be improved on.

You can see the rate of transaction processing here. This is the real world.

Think you are misunderstanding the info you are reading, as I already explained.

Definately working on Kucoin now, just withdrew all my Rai to raiwallet, took less than 30secs too so yeah, it's really really fast!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭lordlame

https://www.reddit.com/r/RaiBlocks/comments/7rovwa/raiblocks_won_the_coinpaymentsnet_listing/

Some guy donated $10,000 for votes to get XRB listed on coinpayments.net

Price seems to have hit a plateau right now

Price seems to have hit a plateau right now

I would say loads of people kicked themselves when the price plummeted below $20 for not selling off for profit and are now doing so at the first available opportunity so loads of resistance at that price level.

The trading volume is also ridiculously low. For comparison.

20 RaiBlocks $2,581,085,986 $19.37 $16,336,700 133,248,289 XRB * 3.82%
    21 VeChain $2,249,726,324 $7.80 $229,219,000 277,162,633 VEN * 36.72%

What a difference a Binance makes.

What a difference a Binance makes.

Just watched today's speech on YouTube from the Binance CEO.

Some mind blowing figures seeing they're only up and running 6 months;

They registered 230k signups an hour
    40k transactions a second.

They're a fooking juggernaut and soon to be #1

Gonna invest some more, currently €16 a pop, time will tell!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,534 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

They're a fooking juggernaut and soon to be #1
    On what criteria? And how have you arrived at this conclusion?

• Advertisement

On what criteria? And how have you arrived at this conclusion?

He is talking about Binance? They are doing exceptionally well in the Crypto-Crypto world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,534 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

I know he is - my questions are still valid.

How do you measure what "#1" is? Volume traded? If so, volume of what?

I love the range of coins available on Binance but I am very, very cautious of it. The lax approach to KYC is worrying.

I love the range of coins available on Binance but I am very, very cautious of it. The lax approach to KYC is worrying.

They are able to be lax towards KYC because they don't accept fiat despots. I believe the more stringent rules only apply once you accept fiat as a means of funding accounts. This will change I am sure.

Volume is pretty easy to measure surely?

https://coinmarketcap.com/exchanges/volume/24-hour/

I will say that I don't believe Binance is some golden ticket that people should be investing based upon and I think it could easily go the other way and the whales have the first chance to sell big and it tanks the price. More volume though over time should give a truer reflection of the price and if we survive implosion of the crypto markets between now and then I can't see how this isn't one of the more valuable projects in the space.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

I will say that I don't believe Binance is some golden ticket that people should be investing based upon and I think it could easily go the other way and the whales have the first chance to sell big and it tanks the price. More volume though over time should give a truer reflection of the price and if we survive implosion of the crypto markets between now and then I can't see how this isn't one of the more valuable projects in the space.

The only way Binance fails is by not updating their systems fast enough, not hiring enough people and Kyber Network - if Ethereum gets Casper soon. Otherwise, BNB is constantly going to have buy pressure, it's too good of an exchange.

grindle wrote: »
    The only way Binance fails is by not updating their systems fast enough, not hiring enough people and Kyber Network - if Ethereum gets Casper soon. Otherwise, BNB is constantly going to have buy pressure, it's too good of an exchange.

That isn't what I mean. I am not talking about Binance at all. Due to the nature in which XRB has risen so fast and on such small exchanges. People have large numbers to sell. That hasn't really been possible on other exchanges due to lack of volume in which sell walls would completely tank the price which is of no benefit to them in the long run. Also it has been hard to make large withdrawals with the restrictions in place on these exchanges. You will find some of these whales trying to dump that volume on Binance. That will be countered with larger levels on the buy side but it really is a waiting game to see just how that all plays out.

• Advertisement

That isn't what I mean. I am not talking about Binance at all. Due to the nature in which XRB has risen so fast and on such small exchanges. People have large numbers to sell.

I'm bullish on XRB so I wouldn't sell anywhere near this low at all if you have patience and don't mind waiting a bit. It's not going to dump forever, it's an ongoing project, this market will continue to get larger until all methods of tokenised distribution or distributed tracking get milked. Years away.

grindle wrote: »
    I'm bullish on XRB so I wouldn't sell anywhere near this low at all if you have patience and don't mind waiting a bit. It's not going to dump forever, it's an ongoing project, this market will continue to get larger until all methods of tokenised distribution or distributed tracking get milked. Years away.

I am deep in XRB so I share the optimism on it as a project. I just hope the market survive long enough to realize that promise.

I don't share it on these crypto markets in general. I do believe in crypto itself and in the very long term but at some stage these markets are going to have a almighty proper correction. That could be tomorrow or it could be years away. No one really knows. 99% of the project in this space are an absolute load of horse**** with ridiculous valuations.

I don't share it on these crypto markets in general. I do believe in crypto itself and it the very long term but at some stage these markets are going to have a almighty proper correction. That could be tomorrow or it could be years away. No one really knows. 99% of the project in this space are an absolute load of horse**** with ridiculous valuations.

The way I view it, with most coins tagged and uprising due to BTC or ETH's strength, the real total cap is somewhere from $200b-$300b based on the idea that a certain amount just aren't moving coins or they're dead owners, off-blockchain or otherwise.

I concur, they're soaking up subs without the proper KYC in place but they sure do know their market.

They know the majority of their new sign ups will never hit the daily restrictions.

as to why I think they'll be #1 soon...market share!

There is nothing I can see that can stop their current trajectory.. other exchanges have had speed wobbles, yet all they've had to do was close new reg for a week, and when they re opened they've been breaking records weekly.
    I'm not here to promote anyone, say if it's right or wrong,or anything!! but their market share speaks for itself.

lordlame wrote: »
    Gonna invest some more, currently €16 a pop, time will tell!

$14 now. My largest holding. Been a dog for weeks and in that time has gone to Kucoin, Bit-Z and other larger exchanges. So much hype and promise but not being reflected in the price.

$14 now. My largest holding. Been a dog for weeks and in that time has gone to Kucoin, Bit-Z and other larger exchanges. So much hype and promise but not being reflected in the price.
    Yeah its very strange but I cant help think that the crash affected it.
    I bought twice and one time was at the height. Not optimistic that the listing on Binance will get it back to an ATH like I originally thought when I heard the news.
    I haven't seen any news on any Crypto cause it to moon since the crash really in general.

I bought twice and one time was at the height. Not optimistic that the listing on Binance will get it back to an ATH like I originally thought when I heard the news.
    I haven't seen any news on any Crypto cause it to moon since the crash really in general.

The tide has gone out for everyone so now is not the time to be hasty - but yea, really hope Binance gives it the boost it needs but too close to call imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭OldHouse

The issue they were having on exchanges had a negative impact, but I think they have sorted that now.

All tanking - the link to BTC is strong

Took a gamble. Sold all my Raiblocks to BTC on Sat morning.
    With the drop in BTC and Rai, bought back in just now.
    Got a lovely gain from it.

Going to hodl my Raiblocks now in prep for Binance listing and hopefully make some good gains.

Still pretty much all in on Raiblocks... :pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement