Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Say something nice about the Queen and /or the Royal family

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,296 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

The Queen and the Royal family are the best brand that the United Kingdom have today.
    Prince Phillip, yeah, but the wife is a lazy dole scrounger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

Only read the title:

What queen, which royal family?

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

String of extra bank holidays coming up for us when she finally kicks the bucket!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,857 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

The compassion of the British Royal family knows no bounds. They are indeed role models for us all to look up to when you ignore their nazi sympathies, welfare scrounging and contempt for members of their own family.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2059831/The-Queens-hidden-cousins-They-banished-asylum-1941-left-neglected-intriguing-documentary-reveals-all.html

• Advertisement

The Queen has nice hats.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,200 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Prince Phillip is awesome at expressing himself.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Prince Phillip is awesome at expressing himself.

Prince Philip is the way I wish more figureheads would be; he says what he thinks, but it never seems to be out of spite or hate. It's just out of being old and not caring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Hugh Jampton

One of the more pleasant aspects of the Queen is how she really, really riles certain Irish people without *actually* doing anything.

Long may you reign, Ma'am :D:D

Prince Philip is the way I wish more figureheads would be; he says what he thinks, but it never seems to be out of spite or hate. It's just out of being old and not caring.

Aye.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=udqJHVuERUw

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭valoren

The Queen had carried out her duties uncomplainingly. Beyond the pomp and circumstance of her position, she seems like an intelligent, affable person you could sit down and have an interesting chat with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

Only read the title:

What queen, which royal family?

You don't really expect any of us to believe that you have that level of confusion, do you?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Most of them seem like very nice people. Her Madge, the grandchildren, Anne etc. They seem to see the whole thing as a burden and haven't let any of it go their heads.

The reluctancy of Elizabeth's father and herself to take the crown seems to have grounded them with the responsibility. It could have went a lot differently should the line of succession had have been completed after Edward.

Elizabeth herself must be greatest Customer Service Rep of all time. You never hear of somebody being disappointed by an audience with her. Always full of chit-chat, never complaining about the job in public, always leaves the punters happy.

PS: The Crown is a top TV series.

I always found it amazing that the Queen is the only living head of state (or whatever is more accurate depiction of her) that actually served in WW2.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭farmerwifelet

Philip is great - I love his attitude and the fun he has with people.

He would be on my fantasy dinner party list.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

They look alright for being inbred.

Philip is great - I love his attitude and the fun he has with people.

He would be on my fantasy dinner party list.

He’s a great old school racist I’ll give him that much.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭El Tarangu

They’re the biggest recipients of Social Welfare in the “United” Kingdom.

I don't know about that; it's not like they don't have to do anything to earn their money. The queen, anyway - she still has to go to the opening of community centres and visit hospitals and whatnot, and her already 90. It's a cushy enough number (but of course, what public sector position isn't?), but it is still a 'job'.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭minikin

Ah, they’re grand in small doses.
    The sycophantic ‘upper class’ that surround them are a different kettle of phish.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

That harry fella certainly gets the chicks, considering he looks like worzel gummidges love child.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭c68zapdsm5i1ru

They're a nice bit of old tradition in a world that seems to be changing at an alarming pace.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,200 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

The queen us awesome. I'd do here in a heartbeat. Hell yeah.

We talking Cersei or Daenerys...?

Never mind. Answer's the same anyway.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭_Dara_

I respect the princes for not marrying blue bloods. The elder royals would want a broke aristocrat over a wealthy commoner any day.

I hate the monarchy, by the by, but let’s not pretend there wouldn’t have been sniffiness towards Kate Middleton in the beginning. As soon as those two dudes were born, their potential female suitors would already have started to have been considered.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭kerplun k

Great actress. She was decent in The Crown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Obvious Otter

They’re only distant cousins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭Hector Bellend

I'd ride Kate

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Vincent Vega

Can't think of a whole lot right about the royal family as a whole, but the queen is always on the money.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,964 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

They’re only distant cousins.
    Remind me about how that worked out for WWI ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭greencap

Their weasling, manipulation and conceited self promotion is top notch.

The saps dont even ask why.

Oh look a baby. Yay baby.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

They manage to be well like by the English even though they're a big German family (with a Greek spouse) who earn a massive amount of cash from the taxpayer.

Advertisement