Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Say something nice about the Queen and /or the Royal family

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭greencap

Can't think of a whole lot right about the royal family as a whole, but the queen is always on the money.

Yeah sat on it, laughing at the assholes

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

Without Mrs Queen I wouldn't have my wonderful collection of Charles and Diana crockery.

436207.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭badabing106

• Registered Users Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭Katgurl

I'd ride Harry.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

I was in London on unrelated business when William and Kate were married.

Fck me it was insane, people had come from all over the world to line the streets.

Huge numbers from USA especially.

They must draw some tourist revenue to Britain every year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,035 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Without Mrs Queen I wouldn't have my wonderful collection of Charles and Diana crockery.

436207.jpg

Looks like Chaz has three mickeys on his plate there...

Not your ornery onager

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,619 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

The Queen has done a superb job in her long reign as monarch. But I don’t have much time for the rest of the royal family with the exception of William and Harry.

If the British monarchy don’t reform and radically trim down and modernize after the queen is gone, their days are numbered. Many in the U.K. are fed up with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭con___manx1

3 out of four of prince phillips sisters married nazis. He was the prince of denmark at one time. He was born im greece and is 96 years of age. He had one of the highest ranks in the brittish airforce and was involved im some battles during ww2.
    He is more interesting than the rest of the whole royal family put together in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,476 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

The Royal family bright in £550M for British tourism in 2017 alone. That’s a great return in investment On the money they get.

https://www.express.co.uk/travel/articles/882003/royals-earned-millions-british-tourism-industry-2017

• Registered Users Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭Oldtree

No!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

I was in London on unrelated business when William and Kate were married.

Suree... we believe you...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

c_man wrote: »
    Suree... we believe you...

True story... that he organised the business trip to coincide with the event is TOTALLY coincidental :D

• Registered Users Posts: 40,206 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

3 out of four of prince phillips sisters married nazis. He was the prince of denmark at one time. He was born im greece and is 96 years of age. He had one of the highest ranks in the brittish airforce and was involved im some battles during ww2.
    He is more interesting than the rest of the whole royal family put together in my opinion.

Philip was Royal Navy not Air Force. While it is entirely possible he holds some honorary rank in the air force he never served in it. If you have seen the film Master and Commander there is a scene where they launch a small raft with lights as a diversion for the ship that is following them. Philip did the same thing in WW2 as a diversion for planes trying to sink his ship.

ETA: 2 of his brothers fought for the germans in WW2

• Registered Users Posts: 13,858 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

JupiterKid wrote: »
    The Queen has done a superb job in her long reign as monarch. But I don’t have much time for the rest of the royal family with the exception of William and Harry.

Please tell us what she has done that is so superb.

Harry the nazi. Following the family tradition. Fair play to him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

Zebra3 wrote: »
    Harry the nazi. Following the family tradition. Fair play to him.

You're reaching there. It shows he's got a sense of humour. If he were I don't think he'd be marrying someone that would have been considered untermenschen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,133 ✭✭✭Shurimgreat

They give people something to talk about at the water cooler.

You're reaching there. It shows he's got a sense of humour. If he were I don't think he'd be marrying someone that would have been considered untermenschen.

An American?

I thought the post |i saw on Instagram was funny.

Basically, Harry is marrying an American and his children will therefore be American citizens. as we know, any American citizen can become president, so it is possible that a member of the British Royal family will be president of the US.

Basically, the Brits are playing the long game here.

genius.

436207.jpg

What do you use it for Tom? (Be truthful now.........).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

True story... that he organised the business trip to coincide with the event is TOTALLY coincidental :D

Also coincidence that I hear he's going to the FA Cup final in May... hope he doesn't get lost and accidentally end up outside the church where Harry's wedding is on. That'd be awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,161 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

I think the tolerance William and Harry have for the media is remarkable. Considering their mother was effectively killed by that same media.

For all the wealth and privilege they have, I wouldn't take the job if it was offered. Living under such constant scrutiny would be my idea of hell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭exaisle

Are we allowed say something nice about Meghan Markle?

She has a gorgeous arse...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Steve F

murpho999 wrote: »
    What is the point of this thread on an Irish forum?

Do they discuss the Irish presidency on any UK sites?

Speaking as a blow in from the UK I can categorically tell you that the UK doesn't give a fig about Ireland. Despite what you might hear via the media.It's looks after number one. Same with the U.S. and their love of "Eye-eerland" If this island was to sink into the Atlantic today UK and the U.S. would have forgotten about it by tomorrow :eek:
    As for the main topic of this thread? Indifference

• Registered Users Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭King George VI

I feel judging by my username I feel I may be slightly biased. :pac:

They're a good old tradition to make people in Britain feel a bit better. Being British goes hand in hand with having a Royal family.
    • The Queen got stuck doing a job she never wanted but has performed as Monarch and as a symbol for the United Kingdom fantastically.
    • Prince Philip is a gas cunt altogether, and fairly intelligent. Watched a few interviews with him recently. Nice chap.
    • Prince Charles does a hell of a lot for raising awareness for green living, sustainable energy and has set up numerous charities.
    • The younger Princes were a bit mad when they were younger but who wasn't as a kid. Nowadays they're doing fairly well, raising awareness for environmental issues etc.

All in all, they're not a bad bunch of people (Their ancestors were not great, however) They fell into jobs with unbelievable fame that none of them wanted and are trying to make the best of it... who wouldn't? I wouldn't particularly want them as my Monarch as an Irish person, I'm happy with Michael D. But for Britain they're needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

What do you use it for Tom? (Be truthful now.........).

For ateing me shpuds off.

Advertisement