Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW17 Transfers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Lads whose with me on the Morata —> Agueroooooo buzz?!

dsmythy wrote: »
    One game out possibly. Depends how the rest of your team is shaping up.

The Zeegelaar suspension leaves me short and with Gomez likely to get rested then I’d have Niasse and Mariappa coming in.

If I thought there was really an underlying injury and he’d miss the next game or only be getting 60-70 minutes in the next 3-4 games I’d get rid.

I could also have a problem with Alonso starting, according to some, so I could easily field 10 this GW.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

ShaneU wrote: »
    Brought Lukaku in for Morata despite him looking like he's forgot how to kick a ball recently. At least he'll play 90 minutes every game.

might not be absolute insanity. Can't see his barren run lasting and has a nice run starting with Bournemouth

• Registered Users Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Lost as to what to do with Morata now.

Lacazette?

Lacazette?

Have owned him previously.

Has only seen 80 minutes 4 times this season.

Regularly hauled in the 60 and 70 minute mark.

Can’t be having that.

I was looking to take Morata out in next 2-3 GW’s to allow me to upgrade RLC to a premium midfielder so I was going to keep an eye on DCL and Austin during that period.

Both of them rising tonight so fcuk knows what I’ll do. I’ve an hour to decide.

Austin very injury prone and DCL will be facing competition as soon as the window opens as I don’t think Sam will hang around before buying a striker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Benching Morata. Did Daniels to Kenny. Now to start Abraham or RLC?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

ShaneU wrote: »
    Brought Lukaku in for Morata despite him looking like he's forgot how to kick a ball recently. At least he'll play 90 minutes every game.

The best thing mourinho could do right now is drop him tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 22,438 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Wilson to Austin done. Will wait on Mustafi news tomorrow, if he's out I'll probably get Kenny in for him. Will be hugely annoying if Mee misses out on another good home fixture.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Trippier to Kenny and Jones to Ota-goal for -4. Keeping hold of Morata. Transfers were a headwreck but hopefully it works out going forward and leaves me .4m for planned next transfers. Feels good to own Ota

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭Markx

Have the exact money and can do it for free. I'm gonna spend the day telling myself it's a bad idea and then do it anyway :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,060 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Lacazette?

Don't do it.

Zero consistency.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭patmac

I have him and there has been feck all buzz lately. The problem is he is impossible to sell as you think he always going to score big next game week, hopefully I will be right one day.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Used my 2FT to do:

Morata out, Austin in
    Ramsey out, Hazard in.

Also have Kiko and Moreno, wouldn't have fielded a full XI without some changes.

I then went -4 to make the ridiculously overdue transfer of Foster to Pope, but I fancy those four points back immediately.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

My "Team" is looking a bit threadbare. Was only able to field 9 players last Saturday

Courtois, Joel Pereira

Kiko, Mustafi, Dunk, Mee, Mbemba

Richarlison, Ramsey, Salah, Sterling, Hazard

Kane, Morata, Calvert-Lewin

Had 1 free transfer and 1.4 ITB so changed Ramsey to Dilva and Mbemba to Kenny which leaves 0.1 ITB and the below team:

Courtois, Joel Pereira

Kiko, Mustafi, Dunk, Mee, Kenny

Richarlison, Dilva, Salah, Sterling, Hazard

Kane, Morata, Calvert-Lewin

Kiko, Mustafi and Mee will all be good shouts in the coming weeks. Dunk is a cheap enabler and Kenny will plug a gap for the moment.

Is it worth taking another -4 (total -8) to try and improve chances of fielding 11?

At the moment there is a chance that Mee or Kiko might start midweek (Mee would be a slightly stronger chance) which would mean fielding 11 so long as Richarlison is not rested.

Any advice, thoughts appreciated.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,227 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Three transfers this week (-4), mainly due to price rises on players I wanted in.

Azpilicueta, Sane, Niasse out.

Otamendi, Coutinho, DCL in.

Kept Morata for now simply due to Chelsea's fixtures, but I always get nervy about back injuries.

Fabianski
    Otamendi - Gomez - Ward
    Hazard - RLC - Richarlison - Salah - Coutinho
    DCL - Kane (c)
    Subs: Elliot, Mariappa, Duffy, Morata

Fabianski, I am hopeful, will get some save points. If I break 50, I'll be delighted. Could be a rotation horror-show today. I actually welcome that because most of teh guys 70 ahead of me are surviving with crap on the bench. I expect Gomez to be benched so Mariappa will come is as sub.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

MrMac84 wrote: »
    De Gea Elliot
    Otamendi Mee Tomkins Gomez Dunk
    Son Hazard Salah Richarlson RLC
    Kane Jesus DCL

Have 2 ft’s this week. Fairly happy with that so thinking maybe Kenny from Everton in (cheap and plays) or else move Elliot on for Speroni or Hennessy. Any thoughts?
    Any one any other thoughts? Who’s number 1 for Palace when both fit?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,647 ✭✭✭elefant

FutureGuy wrote: »
    I expect Gomez to be benched so Mariappa will come is as sub.

Why Gomez?

He's only played 3 of the last 5 league games. Surely he should be fresh?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,364 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Was sure I'd be banking this week, thought my players all had excellent fixtures and this was going to be a great gameweek.

Then Zeegelar got suspended, Ramsey injured, Morata injured, rumours of Gomez and Sterling rested and all of a sudden I mightn't even have 10 players

Edit: Just saw the Richarlison rested rumors on the other thread - may not even have 9 players!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Any one any other thoughts? Who’s number 1 for Palace when both fit?

Speroni had been dropped for Hennessy who promptly injured himself. So hard to tell.

dsmythy wrote: »
    Speroni had been dropped for Hennessy who promptly injured himself. So hard to tell.

Thanks seems like a waste tho to have 2fts and not make a transfer... I’m currently happy with the rest of my squad so a 4.3 back up keeper seems the best move

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

Thanks seems like a waste tho to have 2fts and not make a transfer... I’m currently happy with the rest of my squad so a 4.3 back up keeper seems the best move

Adrian for West ham might be worth a look alright. Personally though, if I had De Gea I'd look to utilise that other cash and not go above 4.0 for my second keeper. When would you ever start another keeper over De Gea ?

Colking wrote: »
    Adrian for West ham might be worth a look alright. Personally though, if I had De Gea I'd look to utilise that other cash and not go above 4.0 for my second keeper. When would you ever start another keeper over De Gea ?

That’s a good point also... food for thought

• Registered Users Posts: 11,201 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Is it madness to dump Morata for the one week? Aguero/Lukaku to replace?

Might struggle to field 11 as it is.

Subs are looking like:
    Lowton is a doubt, Simpson to come in.
    Gomez rotation risk, Naughton from against City to come in
    Morata out, Surman in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Is it a bad time to sign united /city players? What is likely to happen over the racket after the game? Fines or could players be suspended? Seems to have been too many players involved to get suspended.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,825 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Having an awful time deciding whether Valencia is worth 6.8 million over this Christmas period. United should come into their own defensively (they are already strong) and it’s hard to think of another contender who would be reliable in that team.

But that’s nearly Alonso’s price.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,060 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

elefant wrote: »
    Why Gomez?

He's only played 3 of the last 5 league games. Surely he should be fresh?

Klopp is mental for his rotation. He's the worst in the league for it. The stats say he's changed players 20 more times than any other manager. You can trust just about every other manager to not rotate too much, but not him.

Just make sure you have someone on the bench.

Wilson to Austin
    Mustafi to Kenny

Probably a good week to take a hit with so many injuries and rotation.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭VW 1

2 FTs

Morata and Mbemba out

Firmino and Otamendi in.

Leaves me 0.6 ITB.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

2 options this GW for me.

1. Crouch -> DCL (but I missed the boat yesterday evening)
    2. Gamez (Newcastle)-> a playing def

I'm leaning towards 2. Gamez was a WC stupidity and with Mee injured & Daniels bad form & awful run coming, I think it'd be no damage to strengthen a bit my squad (preparing for Xmas).

Question is: who? My def is DeGea (Elliot) ; Trippier, Christensen, Daniels, Mee, Gamez

1. A Watford def? They have a favourable run coming. Is Mariappa nailed?
    2. A 'Pool def? Was considering Gomez (and Gamez to Gomez sounds nice :p :pac:) but I read he may be rotated (who knows with Klopp anyway?).
    3. Anyone else? Arsenal? Palace?

• Advertisement

iroced wrote: »
    2 options this GW for me.

1. Crouch -> DCL (but I missed the boat yesterday evening)
    2. Gamez (Newcastle)-> a playing def

I'm leaning towards 2. Gamez was a WC stupidity and with Mee injured & Daniels bad form & awful run coming, I think it'd be no damage to strengthen a bit my squad (preparing for Xmas).

Question is: who? My def is DeGea (Elliot) ; Trippier, Christensen, Daniels, Mee, Gamez

1. A Watford def? They have a favourable run coming. Is Mariappa nailed?
    2. A 'Pool def? Was considering Gomez (and Gamez to Gomez sounds nice :p :pac:) but I read he may be rotated (who knows with Klopp anyway?).
    3. Anyone else? Arsenal? Palace?

I got Kenny in. Everton seem to have tightened up and have some good fixtures. He's only 4.3 as well

Advertisement