Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Is the Health regen perk still there?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

I heard there is a Red Death HC.. That true?
    Anyone got it / seen it?

Decent?

Yup, got it last night. Been using it in pve, the perks are good allright, regen and precision reloads a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,508 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Raid Lair is open from 5pm on Friday.

https://twitter.com/Bungie/status/938467984741318657

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

myself and civic and totz ran the story missons last night, was enjoyable if a bit short but i got my moneysworth for 20 squid.
    I payed more to go to the cinema so can`t complain really

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,933 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

The heroic adventure is a bit of a tough slog with momentum.

Now to do it all again with my titan

Obviously some of you will have figured this out already but after a lot of looking I figured out how to trigger the heroic public event on mercury, when you get shot across to the island and kill the yellow bar, a oracle type entity spawns at back of map, kill it to form a platform, keep killing them to make more platforms and jump to top stand on plate to trigger heroic.

Heroic is boss has a shield and take it down by killing enemies to spawn yellow bar, kill yellow bar and slam the charge it drops onto big tower in center.
    Rinse repeat.

And also I haven't figured it out yet but some kind of puzzle in brother vanes room with interactive books.

jcd5971 wrote: »
    Obviously some of you will have figured this out already but after a lot of looking I figured out how to trigger the heroic public event on mercury, when you get shot across to the island and kill the yellow bar, a oracle type entity spawns at back of map, kill it to form a platform, keep killing them to make more platforms and jump to top stand on plate to trigger heroic.

Heroic is boss has a shield and take it down by killing enemies to spawn yellow bar, kill yellow bar and slam the charge it drops onto big tower in center.
    Rinse repeat.

And also I haven't figured it out yet but some kind of puzzle in brother vanes room with interactive books.
    Puzzle in Vances room is for the golden chest behind the barrier under the walkway.
    There's 5 books with glowy symbols you need to examine in order:

In the center, to the left of Vance.
    From the entrance, to the back-right along the library shelves.
    From the entrance, go left and it's behind a brazier
    End of the long table on the right of the room
    Up to the right of the forge wall thing, jump to reach it

If you get them all in time you'll see something about a decryption conflux, over near that round table.
    Scan that and you get to the chest for some tokens and possibly a legendary engram

• Registered Users Posts: 44,972 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Tazzimus wrote: »
    The heroic adventure is a bit of a tough slog with momentum.

Now to do it all again with my titan

Tried one of them last night - the one with the Fallen. Only made it off the platforms with a second or two left on the timer. must be something else for the timer (exotic quest?) but took me an age to then kill the captain. His shotgun yoke was MELTING me every time I got near him. Didn't have the patience for trying another one - I can only imagine the one with the cabal fella running away will just prove to much for my sanity. I remember him being irritating when playing it on normal - the thought of trying to put enough DPS on him in Heroic.... UGH.

I do think I see what the bug in the heartburn is though.... I think it has been given the damage off the very similar looking laser grid lines at the end of the Strike vs the Cabal boss. Those yokes melt when you go near them, I reckon there is something going on with the damage output on them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,057 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Apparently tonnes of people are getting refunds for base game because an achievement that was available in vanilla is now locked behind a pay-wall with dlc!

Let's see how long it takes bungo to fix that mess

Tried one of them last night - the one with the Fallen. Only made it off the platforms with a second or two left on the timer. must be something else for the timer (exotic quest?) but took me an age to then kill the captain. His shotgun yoke was MELTING me every time I got near him. Didn't have the patience for trying another one - I can only imagine the one with the cabal fella running away will just prove to much for my sanity. I remember him being irritating when playing it on normal - the thought of trying to put enough DPS on him in Heroic.... UGH.
    That's the one I tried, figured it was the easiest out of the three, the Cabal fella can f off for now, same with the hive.

Took forever to kill him, as you said, anytime I got close enough to shoot, he's murder me with his gun so I'd have to leg it to get some health back.

Deffo not a solo thing if you want to get that timer.

On the Cabal-centric Heroic Adventure, you don't need to kill the big fella to successfully complete it. If you don't kill him by the last checkpoint, he swans off and 2 yellow bars (One with the gas tanks on his back and one of the jumpy sword feckers) spawn with reinforcements. Kill these 2 and you complete the adventure and get the chest. It's how I got that part of the Milestone done. I was hanging back because fcuk Momentum and he'd gone before I knew it.

Apparently tonnes of people are getting refunds for base game because an achievement that was available in vanilla is now locked behind a pay-wall with dlc!

That's the achievement for the prestige raid/nightfall isn't it?
    Bit cheeky of them, although was reading on Reddit that they did similar in D1
    On the Cabal-centric Heroic Adventure, you don't need to kill the big fella to successfully complete it. If you don't kill him by the last checkpoint, he swans off and 2 yellow bars (One with the gas tanks on his back and one of the jumpy sword feckers) spawn with reinforcements. Kill these 2 and you complete the adventure and get the chest. It's how I got that part of the Milestone done. I was hanging back because fcuk Momentum and he'd gone before I knew it.
    Did not know that, I thought you had to catch the tanky bastard or you had to restart, that's why I didn't go near it.

Up to 313LL now so they might be a bit easier, thing I was only 305 when I tried first.

On another note, the material gathering for the prophecy cube things is painfully slow.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,126 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Tazzimus wrote: »
    That's the achievement for the prestige raid/nightfall isn't it?
    Bit cheeky of them, although was reading on Reddit that they did similar in D1

Every paid DLC in the first game gimped the game for players who didn't buy them, so while I think it's a crappy practice I don't see why people are getting up in arms about it now. I can't remember if the dlcs locked out any trophies from the vanilla game before though to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Speaking of heroic adventures myself and dude did the one where you have to chase down the cabal lad. But I can't pick up the other 2 it says already active. What's the story there? Nothing showing up on map.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Every paid DLC in the first game gimped the game for players who didn't buy them, so while I think it's a crappy practice I don't see why people are getting up in arms about it now. I can't remember if the dlcs locked out any trophies from the vanilla game before though to be fair.

When TDB dropped, you where still able to run VoG HM without the DLC though. The existing content before a DLC wasn't suddenly gated behind that DLC paywall.

that they had a state of Destiny 2 thing last week - talked about being more open and more tranparent... and follow it up with:

A sandbox patch they didn't announce/detail until after they dropped it.
    Locking Vanilla players out of a Raid mode they had access to the day before...

Its insane.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭CDBWhoop

The job spec for a senior progression designer at bungie is creating a bit of a ripple in the conflux.
    Create sustainable player progression and chase through Destiny 2’s Bright Engram
    Work closely with our Live leadership team to craft a long-term vision for the Eververse and its presence in the Destiny IP
    Work closely with our Live product manager to analyze key performance indicators to inform design
    Design and implement new features and systems with an eye on engagement, retention, and monetization
    Use data and design sensibilities to define strategies for maintaining ideal engagement patterns and maximizing player satisfaction
    Work with Destiny 2 leadership to help define a cohesive monetization experience across multiple expansions and seasons
    Manage the creative and craft growth of Progression designers on the Eververse team and help establish a strong design culture

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/7i2a4c/create_sustainable_player_progression_and_chase/.compact

Its no issue that they would have someone working on Bright Engrams. The linking of them to player progression and chase? That seems weird.

Is that an admission that Eververse IS the end game content?

Ive not bought silver and I have no desire to based on what is available in the eververse. I'll probably work to get one of the armour sets completed (have season 1 hunter, probably go for season 2 titan) but I don't feel the need to spend money to get these things. I got about 14 engrams since CoO dropped. I reckon that rate will slow but I feel I get them consistently enough to not bother paying for it.

I think the fact that you can't straight up buy stuff for silver is weird. That would be somethign that could sway me to buying Silver, but I'm not going to buy silver to dump into a random loot box.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭klose

The bad press destiny 2 is getting brings a smile to my face after how they whittled the game down to a husk compared to what we had in destiny 1, couldn't have any less sympathy for them. Watched a video on Coo last night and could only laugh at the content that dropped.

Its all about the spendgame!

Look, if Destiny 2 had hit the heights we'd hoped for - with the all quality of life and other changes that were clearly signposted by the community while D2 was in development - I doubt anyone would have any issue with Eververse and the in-game transactions.

They didn't bother me when they first appeared in Destiny 1 and I didn't ever feel compelled to buy what was on offer but to me this is different now and I think they've badly misjudged the willingness of the playerbase to go along with their microtransaction bull****, especially in light of the CoO DLC being poorly received (short but beautiful), and now are rightly (imo) getting hammered for these poor decisions.

that they had a state of Destiny 2 thing last week - talked about being more open and more tranparent... and follow it up with:

A sandbox patch they didn't announce/detail until after they dropped it.
    Locking Vanilla players out of a Raid mode they had access to the day before...

Its insane.

Apparently MS have temporarily ceased issuing refunds since Bungie 'are now aware of the problem' and have said that if it's not dealt with within 24 hours they'll start giving refunds again.

Be interesting to see how Bungie handle it now. Will they roll back on the decision to lock Prestige behind DLC or what...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭SeanHarty

CDBWhoop wrote: »
    Its all about the spendgame!

Look, if Destiny 2 had hit the heights we'd hoped for - with the all quality of life and other changes that were clearly signposted by the community while D2 was in development - I doubt anyone would have any issue with Eververse and the in-game transactions.

They didn't bother me when they first appeared in Destiny 1 and I didn't ever feel compelled to buy what was on offer but to me this is different now and I think they've badly misjudged the willingness of the playerbase to go along with their microtransaction bull****, especially in light of the CoO DLC being poorly received (short but beautiful), and now are rightly (imo) getting hammered for these poor decisions.

Haven't played the new DLC yet, gonna wait till the weekend so I can go through the new storyline in one or two sittings, but in general I've heard its alright not great and maybe not value for money but an ok attempt I suppose.

Maybe I'm trying to convince myself it'll be ok because I bought the season pass :(

Apparently MS have temporarily ceased issuing refunds since Bungie 'are now aware of the problem' and have said that if it's not dealt with within 24 hours they'll start giving refunds again.

Be interesting to see how Bungie handle it now. Will they roll back on the decision to lock Prestige behind DLC or what...

Whatever they do - it would require a huge change.

1. Allow Vanilla players to access it - would need to allow them to get to 330LL, which would mean they need to be able to hit level 25 in order to equip the light level stuff needed.

2. Drop it back down to previous level and allowing access that way - damage scaling etc would need to be looked at etc.

The issue here is this was deliberate from Bungie - they chose a model and change that would exclude people from a Raid they had access to. This isn't something that could have gone unnoticed. At some point, they sat around a table and decided excluding people from end game raid they had access to was fine. While the sh1tstorm has been going on over the lack of end game, and their state of Destiny stuff last week..... they have further reduced the end game content for their player base.

SeanHarty wrote: »
    Haven't played the new DLC yet, gonna wait till the weekend so I can go through the new storyline in one or two sittings, but in general I've heard its alright not great and maybe not value for money but an ok attempt I suppose.

Maybe I'm trying to convince myself it'll be ok because I bought the season pass :(

Played through it with cuhlcannon last night and really enjoyed it, it's absolutely beautiful so no worries there.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭cavemeister

Bungie have really cocked up here big time with locked content since CoO DLC.

The only thing I can think of for them to get around this is to award the platinum trophy to players who complete the 300 level raid (normal) and without the CoO content.

Either that or just allow the refunds.

It reminds me of the old saying.. "A camel is a horse built by a committee"

If Activision had just left Bungie alone to make the game the way they wanted to make it, it would have been fine. Instead they probably had their own dev and finance teams on site dictating as to how this game will cater to casual players and increase their shareholder dividend.

and FCUK everyone else.

I'd say the Bungie offices are very quiet these days... They had something beautiful and Activision destroyed it.

If they want to monitize the game why not just sell the weapon skins and emotes, ships and sparrows etc. Exclusively.

As long as they don't have in game advantages I'm happy out.

Some talk now of Trials being cancelled due to the Prometheus Lens bug. No official word on it yet though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

I remember there was a Cucible mode that was advertised and released with the Taken King and when Rise of Iron came out I was locked out those modes and was only left play on the "classic" maps and modes, basically locked out of content I payed for because I didn't pay for the new stuff. It's no surprise to me Bungie are doing this again.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement